Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2020, 03:33 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Nice truck! Back in the states I had a Chevy Tahoe Z71, and I loved that truck! It was a 2004 with 36,000 original miles. I bought it from my next door neighbor after her husband passed. I got it in 2012 for 6k. The leather Interior was perfect, but the exterior had a lot of door dents and scratches. After I got it repainted it looked and ran like a brand new truck...
And then one day while my brother was using it ...a city trash truck crashed into it while it was parked and the insurance company totaled it.
They paid me for it, but since it was so old I hardly got anything for it. I was bummed!
No, that’s awful!
Word of the day: Anthropomorphism
I traded in my 2007 Ram with 275k miles on it when I moved to the city. Thought I needed a sportier car. I did, but I had to avoid driving anywhere near the dealership after that, so I wouldn’t see it...I felt so bad for leaving her there! That truck had gotten me through years of blizzards and moving 2 times during and after a divorce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2020, 05:17 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,406,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Nice truck! Back in the states I had a Chevy Tahoe Z71, and I loved that truck! It was a 2004 with 36,000 original miles. I bought it from my next door neighbor after her husband passed. I got it in 2012 for 6k. The leather Interior was perfect, but the exterior had a lot of door dents and scratches. After I got it repainted it looked and ran like a brand new truck...
And then one day while my brother was using it ...a city trash truck crashed into it while it was parked and the insurance company totaled it.
They paid me for it, but since it was so old I hardly got anything for it. I was bummed!
The 2004 Z71 Tahoe’s had the legendary 350 V8. It’s one of the best engines GM ever made.

Old 10-15-2020, 06:47 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenI69 View Post
Does it have the 7.3 then ? I hear those are bulletproof.
I hope it’s not the 6.0. There was a news article this week stating those engines were bad ones and owners are having lots of trouble with them.
It is a 6.0. The issues have been resolved. It has 200,000 plus miles. After I bought it, I had some work done it. I have extra gauges to watch the things that indicate trouble.

This will out run a 7.3 all day long. Lately the pickup is seeing more use than the Jeep. I’ll use it for work today.

Old 10-15-2020, 11:14 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
No, that’s awful!
I traded in my 2007 Ram with 275k miles on it when I moved to the city. Thought I needed a sportier car. I did, but I had to avoid driving anywhere near the dealership after that, so I wouldn’t see it...I felt so bad for leaving her there! That truck had gotten me through years of blizzards and moving 2 times during and after a divorce.
I was so sad when I finally had to get rid of my last van. I'd driven it all over the country, my kids had made child-art with markers on the backs of the seats, and it had stickers on it that could never be replaced. Objectively, those things reduced its value, but not to me. I had it for 14 years, figure that's a pretty good run, though.

My husband had taken a picture of me standing by the back (showing the stickers) years before, and when I was telling him how sad I was about letting it go, he printed a 5x7 of it and framed it and gave it to me.

Old 10-15-2020, 11:24 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,406,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
No, that’s awful!
You would be the right man to act in a RAM commercial . Have you expressed any interest in acting for the role ?
The lease rates for ram trucks are insanely high lately. The Big horn trim with eTorque costs $482/mo to lease. Yikes .

Old 10-15-2020, 04:02 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
When it comes to cars I can't seem to do my business and got off of the pot. I've been vacillating for a couple of years now about what car I want.

I seem to toggle between the following:

Dodge Challenger
Dodge Charger
Chrysler 300.

I like each one for separate reasons and I can't seem to make my mind up, plus I've got a car that is fine right now, albeit a bit nerdy and boring. I told myself that when I turned 50 that I'd pull the trigger and get something that I want and to not feel guilty and to just enjoy it. Here in So Cal we spend a lot of time in our cars, at least we used to prior to COVID.

I just turned 51 a couple of months ago and I'm still sort of sitting on the proverbial pot.

Old 10-15-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
When it comes to cars I can't seem to do my business and got off of the pot. I've been vacillating for a couple of years now about what car I want.

I seem to toggle between the following:

Dodge Challenger
Dodge Charger
Chrysler 300.

I like each one for separate reasons and I can't seem to make my mind up, plus I've got a car that is fine right now, albeit a bit nerdy and boring. I told myself that when I turned 50 that I'd pull the trigger and get something that I want and to not feel guilty and to just enjoy it. Here in So Cal we spend a lot of time in our cars, at least we used to prior to COVID.

I just turned 51 a couple of months ago and I'm still sort of sitting on the proverbial pot.
You can't go wrong with any of those three. The 300 is a sweet ride. It reminds me of the 60s New Yorker. The Challenger was on my list for a while. I didn't need a two door car. The utility vehicle made the most sense for me.

The Charger would make a sweet work car. My newer work vehicle is a Chevrolet pickup. The company buys it, puts gas in it and fixes it. I talk the bosses, that works for me.

Old 10-15-2020, 08:15 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,871,783 times
Quote:
You would be the right man to act in a RAM commercial . Have you expressed any interest in acting for the role ?
The lease rates for ram trucks are insanely high lately. The Big horn trim with eTorque costs $482/mo to lease. Yikes .
I’m a lady, I just talk like a man. I actually take that as a compliment.

Old 10-15-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
The 2004 Z71 Tahoe’s had the legendary 350 V8. It’s one of the best engines GM ever made.
They had the 5.3. The 5.7 was pulled in 1999 or 2000. I wasn’t a fan of the 350. The GM 6.0 and the 6.2 gas motors are good runners.

Old 10-15-2020, 09:55 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
While growing up I spent a lot of time helping my dad wrench on his classic car collection. I’ll bet money that if I had all the parts and the torque specs.... I could build a small block Chevy motor by myself.... and make it run!

18436572.... permanently etched in my brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships