Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2021, 02:57 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
SD, my son is a full time uni student, you're darn tootin' he continues to read! He reads in three languages, actually.

You're right about Lady Gaga's vocal talents, she has far superior vocal skills than that Madonna who called Lady Gaga's music "reductive." I think Madonna is not handling her aging very gracefully and that her relevance has diminished greatly in the last decade.

You might want to check out the documentary about the artist Pink, that was another one who I grew to ADORE from getting to know the softer side of her. She's an amazing person and deserves every accolade.
I Love Pink...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2021, 07:40 AM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Pink is my spirit animal.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-24-2021, 08:29 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Better grab some more tools and warm up the pickup. Heading up on top of a 7,000 foot peak to retrieve a generator. I am guessing I will have to lock in the hubs and kick into the 4 wheel drive to make it up there.

This sort of thing is fun for me.

Old 10-24-2021, 08:33 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
I think there should be a rule for people who reply to threads where someone is asking for specific feedback about something (like when a guy wants to know what women find interesting in males) to let people know beforehand that they are a gay male, femboy, non-binary, or whatever other thing than a heterosexual female (in this example) so the OP can vet the information they receive accordingly. And then if someone is a femboy and they are called a "dude" they won't get their shorts (panties) whatever in a twist.
People could easily put their pronouns in their bio or status here, just as we do on slack or zoom at work. Whether we like it or not, people will make assumptions unless told otherwise.

Old 10-24-2021, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Better grab some more tools and warm up the pickup. Heading up on top of a 7,000 foot peak to retrieve a generator. I am guessing I will have to lock in the hubs and kick into the 4 wheel drive to make it up there.

This sort of thing is fun for me.
Guessing you are not on the West coast. We are staying out of the mountains until the bomb cyclone has passed.

Old 10-24-2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
We are staying out of the mountains until the bomb cyclone has passed.
I was just watching about that on the news--what a bonkers weather event to be happening. Fingers crossed for y'all!

I turned on my furnace for the first time last night, because I realized that I didn't have to live like pioneer.

Old 10-24-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I was just watching about that on the news--what a bonkers weather event to be happening. Fingers crossed for y'all!

I turned on my furnace for the first time last night, because I realized that I didn't have to live like pioneer.
I'm heating up the house right now more than I would, just in case we lose power, also pre-cooking a bunch of food for tonight's dinner. We have a generator, but won't to to all that effort if we lose power for a short bit.

Old 10-24-2021, 09:01 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Guessing you are not on the West coast. We are staying out of the mountains until the bomb cyclone has passed.
I am slightly east of the Rocky Mountains. That whole deal doesn’t look good. Stay safe, Mikala.

Old 10-24-2021, 09:27 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:
I think there should be a rule for people who reply to threads where someone is asking for specific feedback about something (like when a guy wants to know what women find interesting in males) to let people know beforehand that they are a gay male, femboy, non-binary, or whatever other thing than a heterosexual female (in this example) so the OP can vet the information they receive accordingly. And then if someone is a femboy and they are called a "dude" they won't get their shorts (panties) whatever in a twist.

Time to go, got dinner plans. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
I wish that no one would get anything in a twist over being called "dude" or "guy" (as in, "you guys") and would recognize these things as common American colloquialisms that are not intended to assert any kind of gender based insult or accusation at anyone ever.

Not to get too Bill Maher about it, but as much as I can't even with the political right, I do think that the left puts a lot of people off with the prickly super-sensitivity to things that are not intended to offend, with the dozens of new words a day, with the "micro-aggressions" and just...it's a lot. We have real problems to deal with. People suffer real violence, actual real violence, a pronoun gaffe is not real actual violence. And I do not think that it's healthy to deliberately sculpt our identities out of trauma, or to only relate to other people in terms of the hardship Olympics or accusations of privilege. We've gotta find a way to acknowledge this stuff, and yet try to heal, connect, and get on with our lives...

Old 10-24-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I wish that no one would get anything in a twist over being called "dude" or "guy" (as in, "you guys") and would recognize these things as common American colloquialisms that are not intended to assert any kind of gender based insult or accusation at anyone ever.

Not to get too Bill Maher about it, but as much as I can't even with the political right, I do think that the left puts a lot of people off with the prickly super-sensitivity to things that are not intended to offend, with the dozens of new words a day, with the "micro-aggressions" and just...it's a lot. We have real problems to deal with. People suffer real violence, actual real violence, a pronoun gaffe is not real actual violence. And I do not think that it's healthy to deliberately sculpt our identities out of trauma, or to only relate to other people in terms of the hardship Olympics or accusations of privilege. We've gotta find a way to acknowledge this stuff, and yet try to heal, connect, and get on with our lives...
I work in an environment where we talk about this stuff a lot, and there are people (who a trans friend calls "tumblrsexuals") who take offense at any little transgression, and who act like a pronoun slip is a hate crime, and others who recognize that the idea of gender binary is pretty entrenched in our society, and we're all doing our best to show respect to people, even if we don't get it right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships