Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2021, 08:55 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Thanks! (Not sure why I'm taking credit. lol)

Anyway, we know so many people who are going through bad times right now, so I'm just wishing the best for everyone. I don't know, after this past year it just seems like everyone feels a little battered. The last thing we need right now is to be piled up on. Just trying to enjoy the Saturday...
It's been tough for sure. All kinds of struggles going on.

I agree with you in that everyone is feeling a little battered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2021, 10:32 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
I had a good day. Got to fly above the English Channel. Big billowing clouds, and a little turbulence. I imagined flying a Spitfire during the Battle of Britain. I was wondering how many brave men met their fates flying in the same place I was flying, during the Second World War.
It was nice, albeit a little unnerving thinking about the men that fought and died and their aircraft resting right underneath me. Flew over the Normandy Coast, but didn’t get to see much ( low ceiling), but hopefully next time!

Old 03-08-2021, 07:52 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Went back to DC to visit moms and some friends over the weekend. The most socializing I’ve done since I moved to NC. The weather was so perfect and I didn’t hit traffic either way. I was happy to find out my mom completed both doses of the vaccine. She was high-risk so that is a load off my mind.

Ended up going to a club which I was stunned was open but felt good to dance again. On Wednesday, I take the J&J vaccine. This weekend I take on Las Vegas.

Old 03-08-2021, 08:40 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Went back to DC to visit moms and some friends over the weekend. The most socializing I’ve done since I moved to NC. The weather was so perfect and I didn’t hit traffic either way. I was happy to find out my mom completed both doses of the vaccine. She was high-risk so that is a load off my mind.

Ended up going to a club which I was stunned was open but felt good to dance again. On Wednesday, I take the J&J vaccine. This weekend I take on Las Vegas.
Las Vegas! My town, born and raised. I would be there save for the Covid. I was planning on going back at the beginning of Feb and stay until after our B-Day. ( I am a twin) this week, but best laid plans... don’t always work out.
Have some fun for me!

Last edited by Sydney123; 03-08-2021 at 09:01 PM..

Old 03-10-2021, 01:32 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Rainy day here today. I like it.

How is everyone?

Old 03-10-2021, 01:35 PM

735 posts, read 453,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post

You may want to be careful the first 28 after J&J vaccine since that how long it will take to build the antibodies to protect you.

Old 03-10-2021, 07:10 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
I signed up for the vaccine last week. I could have moved up a group or two due to line of work. However, I did not exercise that option. Part of me wants to say if the vaccine is Johnson and Johnson I will tell the person giving me the shot to “to stick that Johnson in me.”

That would be the only time I would ever say that. I am glad to see things starting to get back to “normal.” It is hard to believe it has been a year since this started getting serious.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:02 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
We've had about a week or so of lower than average temperatures. It's been below 60 here for a while. It usually is upper 60's or low 70's by March.

I'm only whining because the heater just took a dump on a us a few days ago and my hands are freezing as I type this.

LOL, yeah, I know, we can't complain here but when you get adapted to certain weather and all, 55 can feel cold to some of us.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:05 AM

29,750 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, yeah, I know, we can't complain here but when you get adapted to certain weather and all, 55 can feel cold to some of us.
Ha! It's around 55 here, and I've got the windows open to let in the fresh spring air.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:35 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Ha! It's around 55 here, and I've got the windows open to let in the fresh spring air.
Mrs. Chow keeps trying to open the house during our little "cold" snap.

I'm trying to keep what little heat we have in the house right now. LOL. Once the outside air temp reach at least the same or higher than what our thermostat reads then we can again open the doors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships