Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 10:39 AM

951 posts, read 1,139,924 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving into a new home and new neighborhood very soon and the most gorgeous guy I have ever seen just so happens to live in the next block over. If you Google "male fitness models", then that's how he looks like with a very handsome face. It is a small community of townhomes and while he's not exactly my next door neighbor, I can walk by his home daily if I wanted to. I mean, we even belong to the same Facebook group now. It's better than nothing.

He's also the same guy I saw at the gym when I joined about a month ago. The first time he saw me at the gym, he paused and looked at me right away. He looked at me a few more times after that, and I think he even made an excuse to leave the weight room soon after I left, but when he saw that I wasn't actually leaving, he went for the water fountain close to me and went back to the weight room across the building. That's when we finally crossed each other again, but the shy/nervous girl in me couldn't bear to look at his handsome face, so I looked the other way. As I was finally leaving, I saw him again as he was coming towards the locker room. He was looking at his phone, but when I was about to pass him, I saw his eyes looking up at me in an intentional non-obvious way.

I just thought that he wasn't single and just wanted to get my attention to stroke his ego as I've gotten a lot of that recently. Well, I was wrong. Miraculously, he is single. After the gym, I found out a lot of information about him thanks to Google. Some good and some bad. From the surface, we actually do have a lot of things in common. The only thing that really worries me is our age difference and that I have a child. I decided to reactivate my OLD profile a night ago, and boom, there he was. I fit into all his preferences except one big factor. I have a child and he put down "no" for his partner to not have any children. I'm 39 and he's 30. I actually thought he was at least 35. According to his profile, he does not want any children of his own. Good for me, but that usually means they don't like kids either (especially at his young age). He says he's finally ready for a relationship at this point in his life.

Anyway, it looks like he just signed up for OLD as I've never seen him before; I have been lurking off and on for a few months now. And he seems to be online a lot. Makes me somewhat jealous because there he is looking for someone when I'm here all alone pining for him. Oh, and he doesn't know that I'm his neighbor yet as I haven't moved in yet.

So, I really want this guy. For the first time in my life, I'm ok with having a casual relationship especially with him. If it leads to something more, even better, but to get to know him on some sort of level beyond Google stalking? Dream come true.

So my question is how do I approach him or make him know that I exist beyond a gym member and that I'm attracted to him? I haven't seen him at the gym for over a month now, so he doesn't have a regular schedule like me. I'm too afraid to message him on OLD and get rejected or get no reply, because I know I'll run into him again either as a neighbor or gym member. I feel like just going knocking on his door and make an excuse to introduce myself as a friendly neighbor. Any ideas? Sorry my post sounds very immature, but I'm feeling like a teenager in love.

Cliff notes:
-OP is crazy about the guy from her neighborhood because he's drop dead gorgeous.
-Based on her Google search, neighbor appears to not have the best personality, he's not relationship material, and OP and neighbor may be incompatible due to age and stages in life, but at this point, OP doesn't care because he's that gorgeous. (As long as he's not evil, a sexual predator, and hiding bodies in freezers.)
-Neighbor is currently single and an active member on an OLD site.
-OP wants to know the best way to approach him without being embarrassed (in case she gets rejected) as she might run into him again.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:42 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,030,601 times
Ask him to help you move something.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:45 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
I'll be moving into a new home and new neighborhood very soon and the most gorgeous guy I have ever seen just so happens to live in the next block over. If you Google "male fitness models", then that's how he looks like with a very handsome face. It is a small community of townhomes and while he's not exactly my next door neighbor, I can walk by his home daily if I wanted to. I mean, we even belong to the same Facebook group now. It's better than nothing.

He's also the same guy I saw at the gym when I joined about a month ago. The first time he saw me at the gym, he paused and looked at me right away. He looked at me a few more times after that, and I think he even made an excuse to leave the weight room soon after I left, but when he saw that I wasn't actually leaving, he went for the water fountain close to me and went back to the weight room across the building. That's when we finally crossed each other again, but the shy/nervous girl in me couldn't bear to look at his handsome face, so I looked the other way. As I was finally leaving, I saw him again as he was coming towards the locker room. He was looking at his phone, but when I was about to pass him, I saw his eyes looking up at me in an intentional non-obvious way.

I just thought that he wasn't single and just wanted to get my attention to stroke his ego as I've gotten a lot of that recently. Well, I was wrong. Miraculously, he is single. After the gym, I found out a lot of information about him thanks to Google. Some good and some bad. From the surface, we actually do have a lot of things in common. The only thing that really worries me is our age difference and that I have a child. I decided to reactivate my OLD profile a night ago, and boom, there he was. I fit into all his preferences except one big factor. I have a child and he put down "no" for his partner to not have any children. I'm 39 and he's 30. I actually thought he was at least 35. According to his profile, he does not want any children of his own. Good for me, but that usually means they don't like kids either (especially at his young age). He says he's finally ready for a relationship at this point in his life.

Anyway, it looks like he just signed up for OLD as I've never seen him before; I have been lurking off and on for a few months now. And he seems to be online a lot. Makes me somewhat jealous because there he is looking for someone when I'm here all alone pining for him. Oh, and he doesn't know that I'm his neighbor yet as I haven't moved in yet.

So, I really want this guy. For the first time in my life, I'm ok with having a casual relationship especially with him. If it leads to something more, even better, but to get to know him on some sort of level beyond Google stalking? Dream come true.

So my question is how do I approach him or make him know that I exist beyond a gym member and that I'm attracted to him? I haven't seen him at the gym for over a month now, so he doesn't have a regular schedule like me. I'm too afraid to message him on OLD and get rejected or get no reply, because I know I'll run into him again either as a neighbor or gym member. I feel like just going knocking on his door and make an excuse to introduce myself as a friendly neighbor. Any ideas? Sorry my post sounds very immature, but I'm feeling like a teenager in love.

Cliff notes:
-OP is crazy about the guy from her neighborhood because he's drop dead gorgeous.
-Based on her Google search, neighbor appears to not have the best personality, he's not relationship material, and OP and neighbor may be incompatible due to age and stages in life, but at this point, OP doesn't care because he's that gorgeous. (As long as he's not evil, a sexual predator, and hiding bodies in freezers.)
-Neighbor is currently single and an active member on an OLD site.
-OP wants to know the best way to approach him without being embarrassed (in case she gets rejected) as she might run into him again.
There is not guarantee that you won't be embarrassed. You just have to go for it.

But ... I advise you NOT to go for it.

You have a child. He doesn't want to date anyone with a child. The end. Dealbreaker.

Also, no more cyberstalking.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Ask him to help you move something.
Well, I am moving this weekend and he did win some bodybuilding awards.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
There is not guarantee that you won't be embarrassed. You just have to go for it.

But ... I advise you NOT to go for it.

You have a child. He doesn't want to date anyone with a child. The end. Dealbreaker.
I know. Breaks my heart a little.

Quote:
Also, no more cyberstalking.
Can't have him, so that's how I'm dreaming.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:49 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:

Can't have him, so that's how I'm dreaming.
It's just prolonging your agony.

I know it sucks, but there are too many obstacles here. Just be glad you have a purty neighbor to look at.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:50 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:

Maybe he's a player.

It's easy to make it known to him you're a neighbor. Start a walking or jogging program after you get moved in. Who does your child care while you're at work? Make sure you get a little extra time with the child care, so you can do a quick power-walk around the block every evening.

BTW, not only do you have a child, contrary to his preferences, you're 9 years older than him. That may be an issue for him as well, or--not. But sooner or later, you two will run into each other in the neighborhood, or he'll see you out with your daughter. At that point, he'll decide what he wants to do.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:51 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
So basically "OP" just wants to screw some guy and place her dreams of a prolonged happy realtionship on to someone regardless of knowing everything else besides his looks are not the greatest mix of personal qualities to have match those dreams.

I won't give advice since this has horrible idea written all over it.
I will say, If you want to meet him you're going to have to risk embarrassment.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:56 AM

52 posts, read 53,525 times
I would just ask him for fitness advice.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:07 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
I think you will blow this because you know too much.

You shouldn't know where he lives. You better act surprised if you bump into him this weekend.

You shouldn't dismiss him because of your kid. If he is a warm hearted guy he may melt after meeting your child. Never know!

Yoga pants and stroller....hmmmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships