Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2015, 06:18 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
I know. Breaks my heart a little.

Can't have him, so that's how I'm dreaming.

Find a new dream and hobby.
From the cliff notes in the original post why would you voluntarily spend any time dreaming about a guy who you present as being closer to a nighmare?

Old 11-24-2015, 06:19 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
The easiest thing to do is smile, say hello, and introduce yourself. That's how we do it in the real world, at least.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:24 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
OP you sound like a foolish 13 yr old girl.

Get a grip, you act like you've never seen a hot dude and got a tuggle in your pants before.

Guy doesn't sound anywhere near to be a good potential match, if you're looking to just have sex with him, offer him up a slice of that pie and call it a day.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:26 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Get a grip, you act like you've never seen a hot dude and got a tuggle in your pants before.

Guy doesn't sound anywhere near to be a good potential match, if you're looking to just have sex with him, offer him up a slice of that pie and call it a day.
Yup.

Go up to him and be direct. Whisper the dirtiest thing you'd be willing to do with him and see what happens.

Old 11-24-2015, 06:29 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:

I would mind a slice of pooter pie or crotch cobbler right now.

Old 11-24-2015, 07:10 PM

951 posts, read 1,140,635 times
Quote:

Never this hot from head to toe. I've only seen them in magazines and this guy has been on the cover of some fitness magazines.

Anyway, if I don't see him at the gym, I thought of a plan that might work to at least run into him and introduce myself. I just need the courage to play it out.

Old 11-24-2015, 07:26 PM

645 posts, read 750,767 times
i wouldn't do it....if he said he doesn't want kids...why would you even bother...you seem a little stalkerish....if he has seen you a few times I think if he was really feeling you he would have approached by now or at least made small talk....

Old 11-24-2015, 07:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
I'll be moving into a new home and new neighborhood very soon and the most gorgeous guy I have ever seen just so happens to live in the next block over. If you Google "male fitness models", then that's how he looks like with a very handsome face. It is a small community of townhomes and while he's not exactly my next door neighbor, I can walk by his home daily if I wanted to. I mean, we even belong to the same Facebook group now. It's better than nothing.

He's also the same guy I saw at the gym when I joined about a month ago. The first time he saw me at the gym, he paused and looked at me right away. He looked at me a few more times after that, and I think he even made an excuse to leave the weight room soon after I left, but when he saw that I wasn't actually leaving, he went for the water fountain close to me and went back to the weight room across the building. That's when we finally crossed each other again, but the shy/nervous girl in me couldn't bear to look at his handsome face, so I looked the other way. As I was finally leaving, I saw him again as he was coming towards the locker room. He was looking at his phone, but when I was about to pass him, I saw his eyes looking up at me in an intentional non-obvious way.

I just thought that he wasn't single and just wanted to get my attention to stroke his ego as I've gotten a lot of that recently. Well, I was wrong. Miraculously, he is single. After the gym, I found out a lot of information about him thanks to Google. Some good and some bad. From the surface, we actually do have a lot of things in common. The only thing that really worries me is our age difference and that I have a child. I decided to reactivate my OLD profile a night ago, and boom, there he was. I fit into all his preferences except one big factor. I have a child and he put down "no" for his partner to not have any children. I'm 39 and he's 30. I actually thought he was at least 35. According to his profile, he does not want any children of his own. Good for me, but that usually means they don't like kids either (especially at his young age). He says he's finally ready for a relationship at this point in his life.

Anyway, it looks like he just signed up for OLD as I've never seen him before; I have been lurking off and on for a few months now. And he seems to be online a lot. Makes me somewhat jealous because there he is looking for someone when I'm here all alone pining for him. Oh, and he doesn't know that I'm his neighbor yet as I haven't moved in yet.

So, I really want this guy. For the first time in my life, I'm ok with having a casual relationship especially with him. If it leads to something more, even better, but to get to know him on some sort of level beyond Google stalking? Dream come true.

So my question is how do I approach him or make him know that I exist beyond a gym member and that I'm attracted to him? I haven't seen him at the gym for over a month now, so he doesn't have a regular schedule like me. I'm too afraid to message him on OLD and get rejected or get no reply, because I know I'll run into him again either as a neighbor or gym member. I feel like just going knocking on his door and make an excuse to introduce myself as a friendly neighbor. Any ideas? Sorry my post sounds very immature, but I'm feeling like a teenager in love.

Cliff notes:
-OP is crazy about the guy from her neighborhood because he's drop dead gorgeous.
-Based on her Google search, neighbor appears to not have the best personality, he's not relationship material, and OP and neighbor may be incompatible due to age and stages in life, but at this point, OP doesn't care because he's that gorgeous. (As long as he's not evil, a sexual predator, and hiding bodies in freezers.)
-Neighbor is currently single and an active member on an OLD site.
-OP wants to know the best way to approach him without being embarrassed (in case she gets rejected) as she might run into him again.
Omg you just want him because he's hot?

Now where have I heard this before?

Lol

Old 11-25-2015, 02:29 AM

19,714 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Damn girl, are you moving into his neighborhood after finding his address on Google?!

Old 11-25-2015, 04:34 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
The easiest thing to do is smile, say hello, and introduce yourself. That's how we do it in the real world, at least.
Dress sexy and flirt when doing this. If you want to take it up a notch, dress sexy and tell him the naughty things that he can do to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.