Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 08:20 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,883,843 times

Advertisements

Lord, honey, I also state how hideous I now am, you are just insulted, therefore lashing.

League includes more than LOOKS. If he were 45-50, all other data the same as herein described, I'd say you were in the same "league".

But this fella is 10 years younger, in his PRIME dating stage of life, you are at the end of yours, have a child, and I would wager are not in his same category of hot.

Do you really, honestly think he looked at you, and has since stopped looking at 20y/o girls that same way, because he was so taken by you? Was impacted by you so hard that he's telling pals and internet strangers about you? Has stopped dating/OLD contacting young gorgeous childless creatures, because he is obsessed with trying to figure out how to compose a message to you?

Last edited by VexedAndSolitary; 12-04-2015 at 08:33 AM..

Old 12-04-2015, 08:24 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,030,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
I don't see anything wrong with wanting someone out of my league, and going for it. I believe in "no risk, no reward." Besides, I only thought he was out of my league because of age and that I have a child, and he can get someone younger and childless.

My first BF, I thought he was out of my league. My own brother even made fun of me and said he would "kill himself" if that guy went for me. Yes, cruel. But you know what? He did go for me and he became my first love. You just don't know unless you try.
As some of us told you, going for it is usually the only way to get out of the cycle if obsessive thinking because it either happens or they reject you.

The most disturbing part of your story is how you write here refers to your child mainly as an obstacle.

The main takeaway for you should be that your role as a mom right now is paramount and not just a box to check on your way to getting a man. I would hope that, as a parent, you would never even consider "going after" someone who adamantly doesn't want kids.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
As some of us told you, going for it is usually the only way to get out of the cycle if obsessive thinking because it either happens or they reject you.

The most disturbing part of your story is how you write here refers to your child mainly as an obstacle.

The main takeaway for you should be that your role as a mom right now is paramount and not just a box to check on your way to getting a man. I would hope that, as a parent, you would never even consider "going after" someone who adamantly doesn't want kids.

Also, if you daughter is like, 16-18, not 6, he may find HER far more attractive than you, by comparison. He is 30, just picture him looking at YOU next to your 18 y/o kid.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:35 AM

951 posts, read 1,142,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

It was just a fantasy. I would never put someone else over my child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
Lord, honey, I also state how hideous I now am, you are just insulted, therefore lashing.

League includes more than LOOKS. If her were 45-50, all other data the same as herein described, I'd say you were in the same "league".

But this fella is 10 years younger, in his PRIME dating stage of life, you are at the end of yours, have a child, and I would wager are not in his same category of hot.

Do you really, honestly think he looked at you, and has since stopped looking at 20y/o girls that same way, because he was so taken by you? Was impacted by you so hard that he's telling pals and internet strangers about you? Has stopped dating/OLD contacting young gorgeous childless creatures, because he is obsessed with trying to figure out how to compose a message to you?
Actually, I think he's like you, probably mocking all the women "under" his league who wants him.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:39 AM

Exactly my point ^^^^^
He's prob an egomaniac as lots of gym rat guys are, and IS mocking the older Mom who "stalked" him, why set yourself up for that?

If you take the realistic approach and seek what you offer, no more nor less as far as caliber of partner, you'll fare better.
A guy just as hot but age 50 will think you're a great catch, being 39. I'm serious.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:46 AM

951 posts, read 1,142,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
Exactly my point ^^^^^
He's prob an egomaniac as lots of gym rat guys are, and IS mocking the older Mom who "stalked" him, why set yourself up for that?

If you take the realistic approach and seek what you offer, no more nor less as far as caliber of partner, you'll fare better.
I actually agree with your other post on the one you mentioned about your daughter. It's too rare to see someone as hot as him on OLD, especially someone who has a lot of friends (including females), but I was trying not to prejudge him so much either.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:51 AM

YAY you're coming back to reality *hug*

Yep if they look that good and are on OLD it's either:

1. love variety, ease of use, chicks will come over and bang them same day they first start msgng (hot SIL said he got these offers daily on OLD, also at gym to which of course he goes, -has to stay pretty- hit on by both guys and gals)

OR

2. weirdo like my daughter's Hungarian God in Calvin Klein jeans

Old 12-04-2015, 08:52 AM

48,563 posts, read 34,941,456 times
Closed at OP's request.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.