Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 11:20 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Maybe he's a player.

It's easy to make it known to him you're a neighbor. Start a walking or jogging program after you get moved in. Who does your child care while you're at work? Make sure you get a little extra time with the child care, so you can do a quick power-walk around the block every evening.
I have actually walked by his home a few times before, but didn't know he lived there until recently. That's probably why whenever he saw me (twice now), he always looks at me like I look familiar. With winter coming up, it'll be months before I get to go out in the neighborhood again.
Quote:
BTW, not only do you have a child, contrary to his preferences, you're 9 years older than him. That may be an issue for him as well, or--not. But sooner or later, you two will run into each other in the neighborhood, or he'll see you out with your daughter. At that point, he'll decide what he wants to do.
He stated he wanted someone 24-40 years old. Yes, I barely made the cut, and honestly, I'm not usually attracted to younger men, but he looks older and seems to be mature enough to own his own home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I think you will blow this because you know too much.

You shouldn't know where he lives. You better act surprised if you bump into him this weekend.

You shouldn't dismiss him because of your kid. If he is a warm hearted guy he may melt after meeting your child. Never know!

Yoga pants and stroller....hmmmmm
Well, that's the thing. I don't know him, just what I've seen online. Unfortunately, from some of his FB posts, he came across as quite negative. At least he seems family-oriented and visits his mom a lot. I do know that I'm making a lot of exceptions for him so far, so I'm hoping he'd make some for me.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:36 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
I have actually walked by his home a few times before, but didn't know he lived there until recently. That's probably why whenever he saw me (twice now), he always looks at me like I look familiar. With winter coming up, it'll be months before I get to go out in the neighborhood again.

He stated he wanted someone 24-40 years old. Yes, I barely made the cut, and honestly, I'm not usually attracted to younger men, but he looks older and seems to be mature enough to own his own home.

Well, that's the thing. I don't know him, just what I've seen online. Unfortunately, from some of his FB posts, he came across as quite negative. At least he seems family-oriented and visits his mom a lot. I do know that I'm making a lot of exceptions for him so far, so I'm hoping he'd make some for me.
Give it time, OP. The good news is that you've already caught his eye, and you two go to the same gym. So he could make a move there, or at some point, you could say "hi", or ask if you can work in on a machine he's using, or at the water fountain, say, "hey, I'm new here," and ask a question about the gym.

Otherwise, just be patient and at some point he'll discover you're his neighbor. Or he'll see your OLD listing. With all those possibilities, if he doesn't make a move, he's either shy (yes, really good-looking guys can be shy), or there's a problem you don't want to know about or be involved with.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:35 PM

951 posts, read 1,140,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Give it time, OP. The good news is that you've already caught his eye, and you two go to the same gym. So he could make a move there, or at some point, you could say "hi", or ask if you can work in on a machine he's using, or at the water fountain, say, "hey, I'm new here," and ask a question about the gym.

Otherwise, just be patient and at some point he'll discover you're his neighbor. Or he'll see your OLD listing. With all those possibilities, if he doesn't make a move, he's either shy (yes, really good-looking guys can be shy), or there's a problem you don't want to know about or be involved with.
Unfortunately, that's what I'll have to do is give it time, but it's not looking good so far. I already started to make some exceptions for him, which are important to me, just because he's good looking, and I shouldn't do that again.

The good news is there's another guy at the gym who's older than me, and I think he's the one that wrote a missed connection for me because he looks very familiar. I just can't confirm it, but if he's who I think he is, then he has a kid like me, and he's attractive, but not too handsome (which is what I prefer). I usually do my upper body whenever I see him, but now I'm thinking about switching it to legs day just for him.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:38 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,772,755 times
Bake him a pie. Or better yet, a protein pumpkin cake.

Old 11-24-2015, 12:45 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,203 times
Volunteer to do some yard work at his place. In Daisy Dukes.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:11 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
Volunteer to do some yard work at his place. In Daisy Dukes.
Oh dang!!

That would definitely work on me!!!

Pick up all the sticks too.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:17 PM

880 posts, read 1,251,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Ask him to help you move something.
^ Go with that approach. Ask him to clean your pipes, plow your field, etc.,

If all else fails, just tell him you also like to "lift things up and put them down".

Old 11-24-2015, 01:20 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Oh dang!!

That would definitely work on me!!!

Pick up all the sticks too.
Don't bend the knees

Old 11-24-2015, 01:29 PM

565 posts, read 432,774 times
I say just keep stalking him. Youre doing an awesome job of it.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:34 PM

833 posts, read 657,431 times
OP this is not the advice you may want to hear but falling for someone that hard just based on looks is not truly a good thing. He could be a terrible fit for you for all you know.

Best to get to know him before deciding to go after him full speed.

Best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships