Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2008, 08:07 AM

672 posts, read 2,129,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
OK, I have a behind the scenes saga going on here.....

Been going on since Wednesday, and making me insane in the membrane!

Oh! We would all make such good coffee buddies! I don't have a real live coffee buddy here... lol!

Whenn I go to my sisters house I drink so much coffee with her... Its like my coffee friend fix!

We sit there drinking coffee with eachother just like we have been doing it forever, and it is just....

a happy feeling.

I can remember my mother sitting at our table when I was little and drinking her coffee, my grandmother, my aunts there.... drinking coffee, laughing at things.

Like it was just a pastime... and it is.

Now one day, I will sit at a table, and I will drink coffee with someone.

Yep. My dream in life. lol.

To have someone to drink coffee, happily with.

For now, it is me and Tink.

Good morning cinderoybn, and everyone else on here!
I just got home from work, and in spite of plenty of (real) coffee, I sure am tired this morning. I was so busy last night, I couldn't even sneak a few posts on here. But your thoughts above made me ponder a bit. You may have just created a new credential for people we choose to date. You know, like, so what are your thoughts on caffiene? Oh, you hate it, and think its going to kill us all. And whats that other thought? You think second-hand coffee fumes as it brews will be harmful to YOUR health. OK, its been an interesting evening, but I'd very much like to go home now. Its too late for me now! I'm engaged to a caffiene-hater. But, its not too late for you! I think you should make coffee-loving a required trait in your future choice of a mate. If he don't like coffee, or prefers de-caf, just give him the boot! Life is too short, to live with-out real fresh brewed coffee. But on the other hand, look who is talking tough here; the man who is going to be reduced to a closet coffee drinker! I will still have my work time coffee though! She doesn't have to know EVERYTHING! I'm just ramblin on here, but have a super saturday!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 08:08 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,469,873 times
Default Ya know?

I like to whistle, I like to sing.

Down side of the whistling...

My Mollie kittie is very attracted to whistling. If I am sitting here whistling, she jumps on me. She puts her claws in my legs, and kneads them.

OW! NO! Dont do that! Then it goes on forever, I put her on the floor, she jumps back up, I hold her front paws, and gets them loose.

Finally she has stopped, and I sit here in my computer chair, and she sits on the top of the chair just behind my back.

She sits there so comfortable, just like it is her place to be, and I can feel her warmth there on my back. All is right in her little kitty world.

My legs are probably bleeding, and she is a happy cat.

LOL.

Oh I just looked ver to my side and she saw me, now back in my lap, kneading again. Ok, its not so bad, she is being very gentle. lol not using the claws.

I guess she got the hint the last time I tossed her off of my lap...

Old 01-26-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis58 View Post
Good morning cinderoybn, and everyone else on here!
I just got home from work, and in spite of plenty of (real) coffee, I sure am tired this morning. I was so busy last night, I couldn't even sneak a few posts on here. But your thoughts above made me ponder a bit. You may have just created a new credential for people we choose to date. You know, like, so what are your thoughts on caffiene? Oh, you hate it, and think its going to kill us all. And whats that other thought? You think second-hand coffee fumes as it brews will be harmful to YOUR health. OK, its been an interesting evening, but I'd very much like to go home now. Its too late for me now! I'm engaged to a caffiene-hater. But, its not too late for you! I think you should make coffee-loving a required trait in your future choice of a mate. If he don't like coffee, or prefers de-caf, just give him the boot! Life is too short, to live with-out real fresh brewed coffee. But on the other hand, look who is talking tough here; the man who is going to be reduced to a closet coffee drinker! I will still have my work time coffee though! She doesn't have to know EVERYTHING! I'm just ramblin on here, but have a super saturday!!
Thats right Dennis! All of the years I wasn't allowed to have coffee even in my house..... it is a must... drink coffee or hit the road Jack!

Dontcha come back no more no more no more no more!

hit the road Jack! And dontcha come back no more!

Watchoo Saaaaay?

LOL.

yes. A requirement, and if you had not seen the cinderobyn dating maze posted by Synopsis....

I do recall it having Tink and Coffee in it!

Syn.. do you still have it anywhere?

I cant remember where it was...

Closet coffee drinker... how sad Dennis...

This is what you do... ok, sneaky, but it can be done. Buy a container of decaf. Then, you also have your regular, high octaine. Now.

Dump the decaf in an undisclosed place of choice... put the regular in the decaf container. Never throw out that decaf container. It is your lifeblood.

Ok, so, whenever you get close to running out, YOU buy the coffee. You do the switcherooo.. she will never know the difference, unless she is a decaf drinker. Then what you do, is have a little stash of the decaf around, so maybe don't throw the other out...

Just have it waiting. Make the coffee before she gets up.. your kind, and her kind.

Don't mix them up...

You, being the wonderful person you are, have made her coffee for her before she even wakes from her slumber, bring it to her in bed. On a tray, with a single flower in a bud vase.

Now, You climb in next to her, with YOUR coffee...

OMG.. I am being so bad.

Maybe just be a closet coffee drinker at work.. I don't know!

LMAO! heeheehaha

Old 01-26-2008, 08:38 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,692,346 times
Quote:
I like to whistle, I like to sing.

Down side of the whistling...

My Mollie kittie is very attracted to whistling. If I am sitting here whistling, she jumps on me. She puts her claws in my legs, and kneads them.

OW! NO! Dont do that! Then it goes on forever, I put her on the floor, she jumps back up, I hold her front paws, and gets them loose.

Finally she has stopped, and I sit here in my computer chair, and she sits on the top of the chair just behind my back.

She sits there so comfortable, just like it is her place to be, and I can feel her warmth there on my back. All is right in her little kitty world.

My legs are probably bleeding, and she is a happy cat.

LOL.

Oh I just looked ver to my side and she saw me, now back in my lap, kneading again. Ok, its not so bad, she is being very gentle. lol not using the claws.

I guess she got the hint the last time I tossed her off of my lap...
I still don't understand why people think they have domesticated cats. These kittys are living in your house to please themselves not you.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:15 AM

672 posts, read 2,129,382 times
Quote:
Thats right Dennis! All of the years I wasn't allowed to have coffee even in my house..... it is a must... drink coffee or hit the road Jack!

Dontcha come back no more no more no more no more!

hit the road Jack! And dontcha come back no more!

Watchoo Saaaaay?

LOL.

yes. A requirement, and if you had not seen the cinderobyn dating maze posted by Synopsis....

I do recall it having Tink and Coffee in it!

Syn.. do you still have it anywhere?

I cant remember where it was...

Closet coffee drinker... how sad Dennis...

This is what you do... ok, sneaky, but it can be done. Buy a container of decaf. Then, you also have your regular, high octaine. Now.

Dump the decaf in an undisclosed place of choice... put the regular in the decaf container. Never throw out that decaf container. It is your lifeblood.

Ok, so, whenever you get close to running out, YOU buy the coffee. You do the switcherooo.. she will never know the difference, unless she is a decaf drinker. Then what you do, is have a little stash of the decaf around, so maybe don't throw the other out...

Just have it waiting. Make the coffee before she gets up.. your kind, and her kind.

Don't mix them up...

You, being the wonderful person you are, have made her coffee for her before she even wakes from her slumber, bring it to her in bed. On a tray, with a single flower in a bud vase.

Now, You climb in next to her, with YOUR coffee...

OMG.. I am being so bad.

Maybe just be a closet coffee drinker at work.. I don't know!

LMAO! heeheehaha

Well, thus far anyway, I've been able to get away with drinking my real coffee, even in her presence. The drawback is that later on, she will drudge up horror stories about the evils of caffiene, and e-mail them to me. It seems that the internet has a never-ending supply of this junk. Maybe when we're married, I will brew her up a pot of de-caf, and drop a mild sleeping pill in the cup each time. Then, as drowsiness begins to set in, I will say, well honey, its this dadburn de-caf coffee. I've begun to fall asleep at work because of it, and will probably end up getting fired because I can't stay awake. I guess then, you will have to take on a second job, while I look for work, and come to terms with this constant fatigue I'm experiencing. But, the bright side baby, is that we're really healthy now from drinking de-caf......................

Nah, I better just be a closet coffee drinker. But hey, I'll be the FIRST one in my family!!

Old 01-26-2008, 09:25 AM

Too funny Dennis! I like my plan way better!

Zona.. yea, my cats are queens...

Me... I am woman, hear me roar! LOL

Last night my toilet overflowed with water, just would not stop running, and my bathroom flooded.

OK, like you needed to know that.... well, you know almost everything else!

LOL

So, it tried to do it again this morning.

I guess you all know who has to come to my house if anything needs to be looked at fixed, worked on.

Yes. TTM.

Well dag on it... I fixed that bad boy a little while ago! WHOOHOO!

And zippity do dah!

Now, of to conquer my other saga.... aaaaghhh

The horror! yes.. the horror! I can feel that another coffee is coming to a theatre near me

Old 01-26-2008, 09:53 AM
sun

683 posts, read 2,129,407 times
Quote:
I can remember my mother sitting at our table when I was little and drinking her coffee, my grandmother, my aunts there.... drinking coffee, laughing at things.
This brings back fond memories of when I was very young too and we would visit an Italian family we were close friends with.
First the oldest "grandmotherly" aged woman would grab 1/2 my cheek between her thumb & index finger and give it a big firm pinch & shake in the traditional Italian fashion of affection I guess (but sometimes it would "ouch!" just a little bit ), and then she would proceed to serve me a cup of light coffee. She served it in a traditional porcelin coffee cup & saucer, and I would kneel on a chair and drink it all up at the table along with the adults.
Oh those were the days when kids would eat lots of inexpensive chocolate bars and "Cocoa Krispies" was my favorite breakfast cereal! Thanks for the memories!

Last edited by sun; 01-26-2008 at 10:04 AM..

Old 01-26-2008, 11:01 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,270,192 times
I missed something, Robyn. What is your other saga?

Old 01-26-2008, 11:10 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,692,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
This brings back fond memories of when I was very young too and we would visit an Italian family we were close friends with.
First the oldest "grandmotherly" aged woman would grab 1/2 my cheek between her thumb & index finger and give it a big firm pinch & shake in the traditional Italian fashion of affection I guess (but sometimes it would "ouch!" just a little bit ), and then she would proceed to serve me a cup of light coffee. She served it in a traditional porcelin coffee cup & saucer, and I would kneel on a chair and drink it all up at the table along with the adults.
Oh those were the days when kids would eat lots of inexpensive chocolate bars and "Cocoa Krispies" was my favorite breakfast cereal! Thanks for the memories!
I can still remember drinking "coffee milk" with my Great Aunt and my Mother. I think "coffee milk" was my gateway drug.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I missed something, Robyn. What is your other saga?
Oh good Lord... no, lol, you didn't miss it, I just didn't post it.

The horror. That is all you have to know... the horror.

I may mention it another time, but for now... only the horror!

Something that has not happened to me in more than 16 years.... and just... the horror!

LOL.. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Me screaming in my head. Tried to bring some resolution to the horror today, alas, the horror was not available.

Oh geez... so now I have to wait.

The horror.

The saga. OMG.

Poor cinderobyn, even worse... poor Robyn!!!!! wah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships