Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2008, 09:56 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,798,700 times

Advertisements

Heh....the neurologist has strongly recommended that I have one cup of coffee everyday. Of course, to make certain I'm
in compliance I'll usually have 2 cups... My fav right now is Seattle Mountain Coffee which I get at Costco for a good price.
Honestly I've never noticed Starbucks to be that much better ~ but some will say that's maybe because I've got no taste!

I agree, Aiangel....I miss folks when they don't check in here. With Robyn's permission, perhaps we can just chat away.

Last edited by Macrina; 01-24-2008 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: spelling..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 10:02 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,691,223 times
If he chooses not to see the kids, I wouldn't worry about it. You couldn't change him when you were married to him, you're not going to change him now. He can't make up for lost time as children are constantly growing and evolving. Just be sure he pays child support in a timely manner.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:44 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,195,760 times
Default Coffee

I'm partial to Dunkin Donuts coffee....I've never had a Starbucks (they aren't around here)...I also like the Folger's French Roast (I think that's what it's called)...and I'm sure I drink way too much of it - I type doctors' dictations all day and some of them are so boring and monotone, I need it so I don't fall asleep at the keyboard!...at least that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it!

Old 01-24-2008, 11:41 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,857,686 times
I'm a Dunkin Donuts junkie- and it's not the same if I brew it at home. My sorry butt gets in the car every morning to get it at the drive through. I've gotten so spoiled with it that I now find it offensive to have to mix my own sweetener and cream......... OH the HORROR!

SNOW! Here in Florida that's just not a strong possibility. But I would love a snow day!

Old 01-24-2008, 11:59 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,268,958 times
Robyn-

Did you end up getting the child support to be paid through the state?

Old 01-24-2008, 04:41 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,466,587 times
You guys arwe totally having a coffe fest with out me!

That is just wrong! LOL So today at work.. poo to that!

I don't even wanna think about it.

So, L called me 3x this evening at work, and A called me once, ib once.

L so very sure today is Fri the 25th, A tried to tell her, and I tried to tell her, and she just was very very upset over it.

He called my cell. I am at work. Told him what was going on at home, then I called him 30 mins later to see what was going on and he was still on the phone with the kids.

He held his cell open as he was talking on the home phone with L. It was a mess.

She gets upset so easy and there is no calming her down.

So, then he hangs up with the kids, comes back to me, and goes on to give me parenting skills... what I should do about the situation, etc.

Hello... McFly?

Am I not the one living with the kids on a daily basis when all of this stuff is going on?

UGH.

Says he is picking the kids up tomorrow, as planned....

HIF, the judge ordered him to pay me direct.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:20 PM
HDL

3,217 posts, read 6,802,936 times
Talking Just dropping by to say HOWDY!!!

I don't drink coffee (2 young 2 drink it ) and I gave up donuts for health reasons (now if I could just give up cake 2 !!!!).

Maybe I'll just talk about our weather . It's darn COLD http://bestsmileys.com/cold/11.gif (broken link), but I can't complain after reading what Rance said above, or he'll think I'm a BIG !!!

Right now we've got crunchy snow on the ground, current temps in the low 20's and forecasted to get to the single digits (again) tonight with more snow gently falling (in a white out sort of way )!

If you were here and we were hanging out, I'd say:

Peace out everybody !!!

Old 01-24-2008, 10:58 PM

672 posts, read 2,129,097 times
Well, in an effort to not miss out on the coffee clatch, I've had about a full pot of Folgers so far tonight. All I can do is say a quick HOWDY to everyone. This work thing is for the birds. It wouldn't be so bad if I could just drink my coffee, and post in peace. But the powers that be, think I should be testing chemicals and other company related things. Oh well, it could be worse, I reckon. Everyone have a great day tommorow.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:00 AM

Good Happy Friday Morning everyone!!!

And a great big YAY to that!!!!

Hey Dennis! Full pot? Good grief! I don't know, I have been drinking a cup, a great big cup which holds what my coffee pot, a little one, says is four cups, not four coffee cups, but four measured cups of coffee every day, and on some days, a second from somewhere out.

A whole pot?!?!?! Are you getting good sleep, I wonder, during the day for working at night?

Gotta worry about all my 'thread kids' lol....

Here is the thing about work. We all know this happens everywhere. There are a select few of us at the place I work who.. work work work. Then there are the ones who are like.... hahaha heeheehee... look at my shoes... what about this style of dress, I think I am gonna buy this.. shalala...

I do not mind helping people, if I am done with my work, if I am there with even not much of my work to do...

But dag! Wait.. RANT ALERT !

I get asked to pull Mondays charts, and I know I am expected to find everyone of them, I know that if I don't do this.. I will get called into the principles office, and I get told to do this just as all of my patients are coming up to me to be checked out, to have appointments made with other drs offices, cts, mris, Physical Therapy.. Can you hold please? The story of my life.

Then answering the phone all inbetween. I have been using the speaker phone like crazy on everyone that calls, because the phone just rings and rings, and I have pts infront of me, and someone has to answer it!

All the while, front desk, OM, and AOM are up front talking about fashion, people on the radio, and whatever else they want to talk about.

I have things to authorize, things to schedule leftover from the day before.. and they wonder why I have stuff on my desk to be done..

Whats this... whats that? Why haven't you done this or that.

Then.. OM standing there doing NOTHING but talking about chuch strategies... whatever...

Wants me to start calling people for her.. to get them on the phone? Where in the heck are your fingers?!?!?!?!?

Like I am her personal secretary! Then yesterday afternoon I realize that the girl who puts in the charges, I used to do this, but they have her doing it now...

Anyway... normally she comes to me and lets me know she is leaving and that I need to put these in... nope, not yesterday. I didn't even realize she was gone, because she is in her own office, so I don't see her.

So, just on the side of.. hmm... how many did she put in this morning? 13

For the most part, I was entering all of the morning charges... I put in 40 last night, trying to check people out, schedule, and answer the phones, front desk.. lalala...

And to top that off... there are still more to put in! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

I have the dr looking at me from my desk, because I am up at the front doing things.. Ms. O.. Ms. O... I need you over here... I need you to help this patient.

AOM starts over, and OM says, Dr. W just set the chart there and she will be right there.

He normally explains to me everything he would like to have done.. etc, and will stand up there and talk a minute...

So, AOM looks at OM, and she nods her head towards her, so I stop what I am doing up front, and go to the back. Then done with that and back to the front.

I was lectured last week, I want to say, both front desk and me, that we are not team players.

I was told that I need to be helping her, even with the fact that I have work to do, and they realize that.

AOM was running the show that day. not a thing mentioned about if I needed help that she should help me.

(front desk) I was told that I am always at my desk doing my work... ok, and that is wrong because?

We were told that she is tired of running fron the front to the back and doing everyones work.

HA!

And after that meeting.. oh also, she said to me.. no comments from you, when I tried to say something.

After that, they proceeded to all three of them, go and work the front desk....

Huey Lewis and the News... did he sing that song about I wanna new job...one that won't make me sick?

Was that him, or someone else.

Rant off!

My coffee is getting cold typing all this stuff! MAN!

At least I stay busy at work and the day goes by...

Some one has mentioned to me that I am coming up on post number..... 4444, is that even possible? I don't post that much, do I?

On Feb 18 I will have been here a year... boy how much things have changed during all of that time..

I had no idea they would change that way!!!!!! Such a huge change...

I came here during that time, directed by a google search of Charlotte, North Carolina.

That was to be our new destination. We, all of us, were to move, I suppose this past July or August.

I lived in that NC forum. Just like I live here.

I found out so many thigns about NC. We visited there a few times. Looked at houses, and new devolpments. I researched the schools.. big time.

I found the area that would be most beneficial to L.

Then I focused in on that area, to find a house. Funny, I need to unsubscribe a few thigns, I get job listings from around there every day... so many!

I get reports from schools, and I get a newsletter from the Autism Society.

The sun, it made its debut in my life, shining through the clouds. The tap, on my shoulder... look at your life...

The revalation... I cannot move. The tears as I sat there in the back yard, of the House of shackles and chains.

I sat there with my head in my hands, sitting on a tree stump, right about 5 feet from the clothes line. I was in my exercise clothes.. mens basketball shorts and a t shirt. It was July, it was hot. I was hot. Sweating.

Humid outside, felt like you could melt. I had walked that track that day.

I knew on that day, I could not move.

None of this is new, has been in my thread. Where is the Love.

I ran in the house, and grabbed the phone, ran back out. Tried to compose myself. I called my sister.

You have to tell him.

I knew I did, but I was afraid. I went into the house, and he was sitting in my chair up against the wall at the far end of the LR. I sat on the couch, all the way at the end..

Told him I needed to talk to him, and he said come here, come sit next to me. I was a fraid, I inched my way over there, little by little and I told him.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:05 AM

I told him everything.

I was so afraid I was shaking.

Now. I am not afraid. I have a voice...

It does not belong to anyone but myself.

I am in a new life now. One that I love, as hard as it can be at times.

I am happy, awake, and alive.

As I typed those words, I was smiling.

No longer holding my head in my hands, but sitting tall. Standing up, firm.

I am my own person now. I am not alone in this life of mine. I have so much in this new life.

This new life.. a whole new day..

Fog, a whole new way. The fog is beautiful now. I am not afraid of the fog as I drive through it, or walk through it.. now it is just another thing of beauty.....

So many things are now. I see them through different eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships