Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 06:41 AM

20 posts, read 34,656 times

Advertisements

if it was one small tattoo or two sure , but if all of her body was coverd then NO WAY ! if she want any one to recpect her she should recpect her own body .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 07:27 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,392,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
Absoultely not. I find that tattoos are disgusting because it shows a woman doesn't respect her temple enough and would rather desecrate it.

Does this apply to men also?

Why should a person not adorn their body? Are earrings desceration?

Old 07-28-2010, 07:30 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,248,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Why should a person not adorn their body?
They can adorn their bodies all they want to, but if I wanted to enjoy such a body I'd go on a tribal hunt!

Old 07-28-2010, 07:32 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,137,949 times
I'm not sure why respecting one's body has to do with it.

Personally, there are a few males with tattoo's that I think can pull em off.

I am not a fan of those "sleeves"

On females, I'm not a fan of anything too big - but if it is small, and not obvious then whatever. Not for me though.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:33 AM

Does that apply to all tattoos, or just extensive body art?

I think if people want to do it, then it's their own prerogative. Doesn't mean full body art is not freakish though. A small tattoo here and there I have no objection to.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Does that apply to all tattoos, or just extensive body art?

I think if people want to do it, then it's their own prerogative.
Sure. Just as it is my prerogative not to want them. On a practical level I could overlook one or two smallish and not constantly visible tattoos on an otherwise very good prospect, but extensive pieces of art... no way, Jose. Come to think of it, the only exception I've made so far in life is very recent and the tattoo is sooo small and in such a place that it's not worth mentioning it...

It's not even about the tattoos themselves. I'm just not compatible with the kind of people who would be interested in that.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:54 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,207,596 times
Quote:
I think if people want to do it, then it's their own prerogative. ...
Why of course it is. However it is also the right of other people to consider it a foolish thing to do. People have this strange notion that if they choose to do something that everyone else should than approve of their choice. Does not work that way. It even gets worse when that activity falls outside Societal norms.

You might think a potential employer should overlook your decision to show up with a torn tee-shirt and flip-flops to the job interview. After all it is your prerogative to do so in a free society. Good luck on getting the job.

There is also the case, like mentioned earlier, of selecting your tattoo based on a mates suggestion. Once you fall out with Joe, that big heart with "I love Joe" on it tattoo may not be attractive to Edwin.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Why of course it is. However it is also the right of other people to consider it a foolish thing to do. People have this strange notion that if they choose to do something that everyone else should than approve of their choice. Does not work that way. It even gets worse when that activity falls outside Societal norms.
Are there societal norms? I think there are very few that people actively follow. I don't believe any viewpoint is beyond criticism, few would.
Quote:
You might think a potential employer should overlook your decision to show up with a torn tee-shirt and flip-flops to the job interview. After all it is your prerogative to do so in a free society. Good luck on getting the job.
It depends on the job, no? Or the corporate culture of the organisation. It could be acceptable for that specific company, which is ultimately what work attire boils down to.
Quote:
There is also the case, like mentioned earlier, of selecting your tattoo based on a mates suggestion. Once you fall out with Joe, that big heart with "I love Joe" on it tattoo may not be attractive to Edwin.
That's their problem. I don't have to live with that person's choice.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:17 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,308,123 times
Quote:
Why does somebody need a tattoo to be interesting? What defines interesting?
how did you miss where he put he doesnt really think that? i mean, you quoted it.

Quote:
If you're pushing the argument of acceptance/tolerance, and everyone being different, then would the counter-argument that some people couldn't give a poo about body art, or simply see no need for a tattoo be pertinent as well?
yeah, we already said this multiple times: The problem isn't people personally not liking tattoos. That is fine. It's people saying rude and untrue things to and about people who have tattoos. And mostly as blanket statements about how they are criminals, trashy, ruining thier body, etc etc ad nauseum

Quote:
In truth, the 1950s mentality is still big in the US, so i'm surprised that people are shocked at the opposition to tattoos here.
we aren't surprised at the opposition. it's just redundant (which is kind of the opposite of surprising, isnt it?) and judgemental, that's all.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Once you fall out with Joe, that big heart with "I love Joe" on it tattoo may not be attractive to Edwin.
Yeah, those are by far the dumbest! What were they thinking...?! Obviously, they weren't thinking at all!

She better keep looking for Joe's forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships