Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 01:39 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,358,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Wouldn't it also, be judgmental, to say that people without tattoos all look the same?
It's possible that, to those of us with tats, people without them are boring and are afraid to be/look different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 02:54 PM

29,775 posts, read 34,512,782 times
http://wondermark.com/c/2010-07-23-641tattoo.gif

Old 07-26-2010, 03:00 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,147,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
judgmental much?
On this topic?

Yes.

I am entitled to my opinion. Tattoos look trashy and in my mind evidence a serious lack of judgment.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Why should everyone look and act the same?
Why do you think that is what I proposed?

If you need a tattoo to distinguish yourself from the rest of humanity, you've got bigger problems than just being a slave to fashion.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
I'd say very judgemental.
The thread asked for our judgment.

I gave you mine, and the reasons behind it.

Now you are being judgmental about my judgmentalism, you big meanie.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:09 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,358,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
The thread asked for our judgment.

I gave you mine, and the reasons behind it.

Now you are being judgmental about my judgmentalism, you big meanie.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:05 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,676,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Piercings, tattoos, green hair....

....all scream immaturity and low self-esteem.
Actually, a person's attitude and way they carry themselves can scream immaturity and low self-esteem, tattoos have almost nothing to do with it. I say 'almost' because I've certainly known people who have received stupid tattoos, or gone to a bad artist and demonstrated that they were not knowledgeable or mature enough to make a life long decision like getting a tattoo.

That said, I certainly have my moments of immaturity and being a woman in her 20s I occasionally have bouts of low self esteem but in general I'm very happy with my life and can't wait to see where it takes me .

Oh, and I have bright red hair, does that count?

Old 07-26-2010, 04:20 PM

489 posts, read 1,326,700 times
Quote:
It's possible that, to those of us with tats, people without them are boring and are afraid to be/look different.
If "boring" means not permanently marking my body with some tacky "art" that I would probably regret the next day (not to mention years in the future), then I guess I'd rather be boring than interesting. I'd rather look boring and classy than interesting and trashy. I know that tattoos don't mean someone is trashy, but they still look trashy anyway, at least on females. I don't mind them so much on males (my husband has one large tattoo), but to me they look trashy and unfeminine on women. I'm proud to have no tattoos or piercings, and I can totally understand why they are such a turnoff to some men.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:34 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,774,902 times
Everybody has preferences. If you don't like tattoos, fine. If you don't like shorter men, fine. If you don't like heavier women, fine. If you don't want to date someone with a mohawk and big holes in his ears, fine. If you don't want to date someone who drives a Prius or voted for McCain or believes in God or bites their nails or has blue eyes or doesn't like to travel or has freckles in weird places or never graduated college or doesn't like dogs or has crooked teeth, FINE.

God, the lengths people go to to put down others. Quit being so flipping smug.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:47 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,394,841 times
Quote:
A non sequitur, if there ever was one.

People look down on those with tats (especially extensive ones) since it stands out and is non-traditional. And that's not being prudish, it's human nature.

If you have tats, well that's your own prerogative, but there is no overall need to get extensive tattooing. Nobody needs tattooing to live healthily and contently. No more than saying that owning a five bedroom house is absolutely necessary to be content and happy in life.

I think that in life people are different, some are happy with a "normal" look and others are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships