Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2010, 01:59 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,399,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
lol

i'm in the same boat!

i don't have any myself either.

i have a friend who has "fox" all over his body in different languages and pictures, its incredibly nerdy and unique.

i guess he likes foxes...

my brother has 32 tattoos and brags about them all the time.
I think it can become an addiction of some sort. Few people I know cannot stop at just few tattoos, they just keep wanting more and more and more.
Hey, admire the arts and their endurance. To each his own I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 09:17 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,128,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Does this apply to men also?

Why should a person not adorn their body? Are earrings desceration?
Definitely men. I have no desire to get a tattoo but to see some men with them makes me shake my head because I'm wondering "are the needles clean" You can adorn your body without the use of tattoos. Men with earrings, well....enough said on that. That's just fruity on so many levels. I could see women wearing earrings but a man? Hell nawww

Old 07-28-2010, 10:07 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,318,574 times
I'd rather date a hot girl with tattoos, than a dumpy or average or even "cute" girl with no tattoos. But tattoos are not the deciding factor and I think it is kinda foolish to discredit somebody for having one as you might be missing out.

Tattoos can be interesting pieces of art. Most are lame looking. But certainly it is not a turnoff. I would prefer somebody with a nice piece of ink (or a finished sleeve) to somebody who has nothing. But that too is not an absolute statement.

Hepatitis is frequently transmitted by people who like to use unsterilized needles. However, laws are in place to safeguard the consumer. In all the people with hep B and C I've ever seen, more of them have no tattoos. You just cannot assume either way.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:05 AM

769 posts, read 1,014,557 times
it depends.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:15 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,863,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamthere View Post
she has to have one on her lower back...a large ships wheel and anchor with a ribbon going across saying "welcome aboard sailor"....
Honesty should be rewarded!

Old 07-29-2010, 06:57 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,307,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Might as well ask, what is not art? Since by many persons ideas, art varies. Most tattoos do not rise to any professional standard. Hearts, butterflies, Zodiac symbols and the like are simply repeated images.
So you are not going to answer what your definition of art is?

And you're going to ignore where I said flash, to me, is not art but custom images are? Plain hearts, butterflies, and zodiac symbols are not custom and are mostly considered flash.

I already answered your question in my previous post. Custom work is and flash is not.

edit: Have you never seen custom work before? Have you ONLY seen hearts, zodiac symbols, etc?

Old 07-29-2010, 07:38 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,748,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
I expect most tattoos are from the Tattoo Artists stock artwork.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
I don't think that's true.
Although I agree with a lot of what you've said, thatsong, I believe Matt is correct. I'd be willing to bet that more tattoos are stock art than not.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:05 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,404,358 times
People can have tattoos, but I prefer to date a guy with no tattoos. It's just not my taste. If I were to get one, I'll get one a small one and put it behind my ear. It's very likely that I'm not going to get one. I respect those who do get tattoos! I have tons of friends that have tattos also.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:05 AM

10,178 posts, read 20,805,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Although I agree with a lot of what you've said, thatsong, I believe Matt is correct. I'd be willing to bet that more tattoos are stock art than not.
I agree as well. Most tattoo's I've seen are generic, though I do believe there is more custom work being done in the last few years, especially since shows like Miami Ink and such have become so popular.

I don't mind tattoo's on a woman so long as they are tasteful and the work is done by a competent artist. When they are haphazardly strewn all over like Amy Whinehouse's it looks cheap and tacky.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:23 AM

301 posts, read 828,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I agree as well. Most tattoo's I've seen are generic, though I do believe there is more custom work being done in the last few years, especially since shows like Miami Ink and such have become so popular.

I don't mind tattoo's on a woman so long as they are tasteful and the work is done by a competent artist. When they are haphazardly strewn all over like Amy Whinehouse's it looks cheap and tacky.
I agree. As an artist, I can respect some well done ink. However, I've strolled down the beach and saw my share of cheap and tacky too. I've met some guys and girls with beautiful tattoos that really mean something to them. They spent time thinking about what they wanted and why and how they wanted it to look. Like with anything, you get what you pay for. More often than not, the cheap and tacky stuff was done with little thought.

As far as this topic goes, I think it's foolish to write someone off as undatable because they have tattoos. You cannot and should not judge all by a few. If a man were to stick up his nose at me because I have a tattoo, so what.

Hypothetically, let's say you meet this great girl. You go out on many dates, you really like her. Then, she takes her shirt off and has a few tattoos that you did not know about. Are you going to drop this cute, funny, charming girl now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships