Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 04:54 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,292,801 times

Advertisements

Like JustJulia said, everybody has their preferences. There's this cute waitress in a Thai restaurant I enjoy going to. Cute slender Asian girl with tattoos. That is not stopping me from accepting her offer to take me out or me taking her out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 05:00 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,394,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
How can a tattoo be skanky? Does having a tattoo automatically make a woman (or man) easy or promiscuous?
Extensive tattoos to me look bad.

And I have no issue at all with promiscuity, since sex is natural.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:13 PM

Tattoo Designs For Women - Tattoos And Body Piercings - Zimbio

http://wreckingbalm.com/tattoo-remov...oo-on-back.jpg

Link two, to me, looks better than link one. I don't see tattoos as "immoral", I just reckon that extensive ones look bad.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:42 PM

37,721 posts, read 46,178,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Why should everyone look and act the same?
Ummm...they don't.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:49 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,707,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
it strikes me as shallow affectation - "look at me, I'm soooooooo edgy!' cry for attention thing.
Hah...I have two small tattoos, and I'm pretty much the polar opposite of edgy. That's actually largely WHY I got them...because nobody would have called it. I like to play with incongruity, and the unexpected. Nobody who knows me would take me for a "tattoo chick." I was a quiet bookworm, shy kid, band nerd, straight A student and star Lutheran confirmand. Now I teach profoundly disabled kids. Nothing edgy about any of that. My tatoos aren't edgy, either...they're ethnic designs that I have a connection to. I just like elements of the unexpected.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:53 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,789,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
I sure as hell wouldn't. IMO, tattoos are very unattractive. Have you ever seen a beautiful girl with a tight bod on the beach, and when she passes by, you notice a big ol' tramp stamp on her lower back? Oh man, what a turnoff! Just one tat can ruin everything. The absolute worst ones are chicks with tats on their upper breast area - usually these types of females are ugly to begin with (not sure why).

I cant think of anything worse a female could purposely do to her body. Yuck!

Yes, dated them in the past, even married one years ago(ex stripper). Alot of fun

Old 07-26-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Why should everyone look and act the same?
Most people readily accept differences in others, whether in personality, attitudes, etc. Living as a human being means one must since everybody is different.

Maybe the people who criticise tattooing are of a more conservative mindset, so just not hang out with such people? Hang out with more open-minded people, or move to a more liberal area. Extensive tats in California or New England may go down better than in Alabama or Georgia.

Having green hair or a big tattoo over one's body doesn't hurt anybody, so i don't see the issue.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:11 PM

23 posts, read 39,652 times
its really strange to hear such opinions about people with tattoos.
of cos tastes are different. many people - many opinions.
i have tattoo on my shoulder from behind so many years, and it doesnt mean im **** or girl with idiot character or something similar..
come on, u will live with person, not with tattoo. look on actors, politics, another famous people. so u think all of them are ugly?
if u think that date with tattoo girl its nasty. well, up to u. just let have such test. look at Angelina Jolie as at woman. im sure u would wish to have her in own gfs' list. ohh Ups! she also has tattoo and even not the one.. so, now u understand that women with tattoo (i dont mean that bodies which is totally covered with tattoo) are natural good people with absolutelly healthy mind

Old 07-27-2010, 04:50 AM

Angelina Jolie has tasteful tattoos, but extensive body art to me doesn't look nice.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:49 PM

951 posts, read 1,813,692 times
I cannot wait for the day that tattoos go out of style.

All the wailing: "Why didn't you warn me?!"

At least all those holes in noses, ears, lips, eye lids, etc. can be healed up with minimal scarring. Try blasting one of those tattoos off with a laser. Ouch. And everyone knows you had one.

I had a series of laser surgery on my throat and after the third session, I couldn't eat for a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships