Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 10:51 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times

Advertisements

video is not me or anyone I know

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BEF8ZKharnI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2007, 10:54 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
I am getting alot of Christmas and Holiday Cards in the Mail this week. Most of them are from people I have not talked to for years but who feel a need to take the easy way out and send a card instead of returning my phone calls or picking up the phone themselves.

I do not dislike Christmas Cards themselves, but think they are a waste of time without some type of note, letter or pictures attached. I will develop a letter that is enclosed with all Cards, and also write something personal in pen on the back. I also include pictures.

I suspect these people just have a list and spend a total of 10 seconds on each card, even a mass produced note would be nice.

What do you do and how about Christmas Cards that do not include anything but a signature?
I'm always glad to hear from anyone who has taken the time to send me a card. It's the thought that counts. If they include a picture or special handwritten note, I like that too, but it's not necessary.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:26 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,837,966 times
Yeah...I'm happy to get cards from my friends with pictures of them and/or their family, etc. I mostly get more generic "Hallmark" cards from elderly relatives. I think 95% of our friends/family do either cards with photo(s) or the photo cards.

We do photo cards, with a christmas letter, and we have all the kids sign it too with specific messages to each recipient. But it takes several hours to do 70-80 cards that way. We try to avoid the typical "brag letter" that we hate to get from some of our more obnoxious relatives....so ours are just the funny stories and happenings throughout each year...

But I'd rather have my friends at least update us on the goings-on each year than to not send us anything each holiday season...

Old 12-23-2007, 07:27 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
I'll take a card any way b/c I cut them up and use them for bookmarks. It's the thought that counts. Be happy you got anything.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:49 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
I am getting alot of Christmas and Holiday Cards in the Mail this week. Most of them are from people I have not talked to for years but who feel a need to take the easy way out and send a card instead of returning my phone calls or picking up the phone themselves.
I think this is what the real problem is.. you call and they either don't pick the phone up or don't return the call..

I've been guilty of this.. this year. I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone... my back is killing me, I am in too much pain to think. I also can't devote the time it takes to talk to some of them.. usually an hour plus.

Quote:
I do not dislike Christmas Cards themselves, but think they are a waste of time without some type of note, letter or pictures attached. I will develop a letter that is enclosed with all Cards, and also write something personal in pen on the back. I also include pictures.

I suspect these people just have a list and spend a total of 10 seconds on each card, even a mass produced note would be nice.

What do you do and how about Christmas Cards that do not include anything but a signature?
The fact that someone sent it and took the time to sign it means a lot to me. We've been getting a card from one person that doesn't even do that.. he puts an address lable on it instead.

This is a turn off to me. He is a business man, we use him to do our taxes. Although I think it's nice that he took the time to send the card, in the time it takes to peel the address lable, he could sign it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Well, they sent them out... I didn't do that this year.
We didn't send many.. couldn't afford to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Maybe they dont have a printer...
Maybe they can't afford to replace the ink. I ended up typing out a 4 page letter to one friend to find my black ink was out, as was the yellow & pink. With my hubby being out of work 2 months & my meds being my responsability at 100% (think over $1,000 per month) ink was the last thing I had money for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships