Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 02:11 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
It seems kinda homoerotic to me. What are your thoughts?
It was my experience that the guys who always did were typically the ones with the least to discuss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 02:12 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,777 times
Some guys aren't good with women. When they bag a hot one, it really is an accomplishment.

For the seasoned vets, its no big deal, so its not talked about really, unless discussing some things privately with your close boys.

Then you have douches.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
What's wrong with boasting? I love it when my bf is proud to be with me and shows me around or some pics.
So you like it when your BF describes in almost clinical detail what you did and in what position you did it?

Old 01-14-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Some guys aren't good with women. When they bag a hot one, it really is an accomplishment.

For the seasoned vets, its no big deal, so its not talked about really, unless discussing some things privately with your close boys.

Then you have douches.
Yeah. There's this guy who was a friend of a friend in our poker group who would talk about his wife that way, a very slimy plaid jacket carpet used-car salesman kind of vibe. Someone finally said, "Man, I don't want to hear that." He wasn't asked back.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:17 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
It was my experience that the guys who always did were typically the ones with the least to discuss.
I learned years ago to always say NO if I had slept with someone.

That always left the people who really knew you wondering if you did or not.
Usually they assume you did which was Ok and helped my lover boy reputation.

As Bill Clintons says.... "I did not have sex with that woman" ! Yeah, right Bill.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I learned years ago to always say NO if I had slept with someone.

That always left the people who really knew you wondering if you did or not.
Usually they assume you did which was Ok and helped my lover boy reputation.

As Bill Clintons says.... "I did not have sex with that woman" ! Yeah, right Bill.
Yep. Say "Yes" and word travels fast. Because even if a guy has back-clawing, sheet-scorching, headboard-banging gorilla sex that makes the angels weep with envy, and she wants nothing more than to see him in a few days for Round 2, all bets are off if someone comes around to her the next day and says, "Hey, I heard you and Ron were making the beast with two backs."

And, if the same guy was just looking for a one-night stand and still talks about it, he will be known as the guy who not only has one night stands, but advertises matters. If you're a guy, there's just no way you come out ahead in this scenario.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:45 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,474 times
This must be something guys do with each other.

All the guys I know develop a serious case of lock jaw if you ask them about their exes.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:48 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post

All the guys I know develop a serious case of lock jaw if you ask them about their exes.
Any chance I get to annoy an outspoken feminist, I will. I'll make sure she knows about all the women I've pumped and dumped in the past.

But for normal people, I keep it to myself.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post

Guys don't do that unless they're total douches. That's what we're trying to say.

And guys don't want to talk about their exes, nor do you want them to. Why? Because if he's talking about his ex around you, that means he'll be talking about you with the next woman in his life.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:59 PM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Some of you will find "homoerotic" in what fork a man uses. What is your issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships