Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 07:13 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,291,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
how soon to ask??

their is no exact time..

i wouldnt put a label on it too quickly,,actions speak louder than words.

exclusivity seems to be what you want-and if two likes each other it will happen..

take a deep breathe... step back and enjoy the moment..

some girls like to be courted a bit, treat her like a lady... things will happen if its meant to be,,,

I picked her up at her house , last time I met her mom but this time all her brothers ( and their wives ) were home including her baby nephew who she,s been raving about since we met , we then headed for dinner , when I mentioned an hour into dinner that I was enjoying our friendship and wanted it to continue , she said is it not more than a friendship so I did get the impression that she wanted me to imply things were more than casual , she also said she didn't sign up to match.com just for fun , I told her I was having fun with her but I too wanted more , she told me she had been treated poorly in the past and wasn't used to being " wined and dined " , when dinner ended she hinted at going halves but I assured her I was " an old fashioned kinda guy " , I actually find " going dutch " incredibly unromantic , I like spoiling women , I know that makes me a bit of a sap but I had a good year financially and can afford it

she told me in the hotel that she had a good feeling during our first date , when I left her home afterwards , I said to her " so I guess were seeing each other now "

I think il leave it til tomorrow to call her , unless your official , I suppose three times per week is enough to chat on the phone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 01:59 PM

so I gave her a quick call at lunchtime just to say hi , I made no mention of last nite and just made casual chit chat , was no more than a four min call , got a text ten mins later to say she was at a loss for words over last nite " but in a good way "

im not always sure how soon to call a girl after being ( intimate ) with her but I suspect they do like to hear a quick " hello "

Old 12-29-2013, 02:03 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,214,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
so I gave her a quick call at lunchtime just to say hi , I made no mention of last nite and just made casual chit chat , was no more than a four min call , got a text ten mins later to say she was at a loss for words over last nite " but in a good way "

im not always sure how soon to call a girl after being ( intimate ) with her but I suspect they do like to hear a quick " hello "
Just stop worrying about it and do what feels right. There's no manual about these things.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Just stop worrying about it and do what feels right. There's no manual about these things.

im not worried but this is an internet forum and this little corner is designated for relationships etc , im merely telling my story

Old 12-29-2013, 02:30 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,400,016 times
What would she think if she knew you posted all this about her? Would she still feel "special"?

Old 12-29-2013, 02:30 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
im not worried but this is an internet forum and this little corner is designated for relationships etc , im merely telling my story
You're not actually telling a story, you're asking an Internet forum about every single step you should take. The only reason this girl hasn't run the other way is because we've been telling you what to do or not do, and I find it a little concerning that you can't figure any of this out on your own. She should be getting to know who you are, not who you're being steered to be.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
What would she think if she knew you posted all this about her? Would she still feel "special"?
so you think im unique in posting info on an anonymous internet forum about someone in my private life

Old 12-29-2013, 02:37 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You're not actually telling a story, you're asking an Internet forum about every single step you should take. The only reason this girl hasn't run the other way is because we've been telling you what to do or not do, and I find it a little concerning that you can't figure any of this out on your own. She should be getting to know who you are, not who you're being steered to be.

I agree. Then again, he almost asked her to spend the night with him in a hotel on the third date because he thought she wanted to have sex with him simply because she asked if his family was still visiting. Turns out she's a virgin - so obviously that was not her intention. Maybe it's a good thing he's asking our advice every step of the way.

Old 12-29-2013, 02:39 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Why are you so afraid of her dating other men?

Old 12-29-2013, 02:43 PM

308 posts, read 398,435 times
Quote:
The only reason this girl hasn't run the other way is because we've been telling you what to do or not do,
There's a bunch of people complaining on many threads about how nobody ever follows their advice, then when somebody for a change does just that, that's wrong too.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships