Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 04:14 PM

31,175 posts, read 22,217,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
I'm used to dating men with good salaries and I'm not used to dating men with kids. I really like this guy, but I'm having second thoughts about him. I'm not a gold digger by any means. I have never asked a guy to buy me anything or pay for anything. I'm in school right now and will be do e after next year and I wait tables part time. I'm wondering if I'm being a ***** about this or if my concerns are genuine. People say money doesn't matter when it comes to relationships, but it kind of does. Couples break up or divorce over money issues all the time.
"People say money doesn't matter when it comes to relationships, but it kind of does."
I would imagine poor plucks and the idiots that date them came up with this saying. Having enough money to put food on the table and roof over your head is the minimum one should have to bring a child in this world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 04:18 PM

52,395 posts, read 52,888,780 times
As Bob Segar says, you're 10 minutes late for the door.

Old 12-16-2013, 04:32 PM

20,771 posts, read 20,051,896 times
Pointless - thread is old.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:33 PM

2,947 posts, read 7,031,562 times
Just a comment on those that chimed in bad credit = thief.

You all ever go through a divorce with an ex that financially railroads you? Try keeping your credit good after such a mess.

Old 12-17-2013, 12:05 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,631,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
He must be good looking.

The things some women will put up with for a guy that looks good and/or can lay it down in the bedroom.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:20 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,650,527 times
I am just above the poverty line and I make just enough to cover my bills and pay for college out of pocket. I just do not have any money to do anything but I got school it what I do for fun. I make each month my the skin of my teeth . To tell you the truth if I was not in school I would be working 80 hours a week so I can have a buck.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:44 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,107,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post

The things some women will put up with for a guy that looks good and/or can lay it down in the bedroom.
From my experience and observation especially in living in poor NorthEastern city, this is very true. Women like that are like, what can possibly go wrong, he is good looking guy. Women like that will look over a guys personality, income, education, current relationship and every other history that guy has. Im not hating, more power to guys like this. Quite frankly I'm a bit jealous, but this is what I have seen before. In matter of fact I'm seeing a woman who told me a similar story, her ex man was really good looking, broke, what can possibliy go wrong, he is good looking and trust worthy, he was really abusive, he even got her pregnant. In due time she had to have an abortion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"People say money doesn't matter when it comes to relationships, but it kind of does."
I would imagine poor plucks and the idiots that date them came up with this saying. Having enough money to put food on the table and roof over your head is the minimum one should have to bring a child in this world
At the end of the day, it all boils down to money. Don't get me wrong, you have plenty of independent women these days that make their own money, You have some women that say, that they don't need a mans money! Look at these independent women with the guys they date, guys who make minimum wage, exons, criminals, high school dropouts and so forth, but they love to be with these guys for relationships. I due hope these realtionships are short term and never long term, because if long term problems will begin to show on its way to a downward spiral because of the lack of money!

Old 12-17-2013, 10:31 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,615,918 times
Ew, the guy you described is a complete, total, LOSER! What's there to like about him?

Old 12-17-2013, 12:00 PM

9,019 posts, read 13,880,850 times
This guy sees $$$$$$$$$.

Run,please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships