Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2014, 01:55 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I have heard it makes them feel like less than a man when a woman comes up to them. I don't get it, but it isn't my problem.
yeah I think its stupid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 02:04 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
My friends have been approached by women, they claimed the women were so aggressive that they were turned off.

Yeah, but your friends are friends with you. I think anything you or your group of friends say should be taken with less than a grain of salt.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:21 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative36 View Post
Also I don't think women WANT men as much men WANT women. I have heard that women purposefully don't have sex with men for a year or so. And some that just never have a man in their lives, like my aunt. But men have to have a woman in their lives. Their emotional and physical well-being depend on it. As for women? They tend to live a long time without a man.
I can go my whole life without a woman in my life. If it was up to me, I wouldn't speak to my mom or sisters again.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Yeah, but your friends are friends with you. I think anything you or your group of friends say should be taken with less than a grain of salt.
Are you trying to be an ass by saying that? Are you saying that what I say should have no meaning?

Old 04-11-2014, 11:32 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
I can go my whole life without a woman in my life. If it was up to me, I wouldn't speak to my mom or sisters again.
Quote:
Are you trying to be an ass by saying that? Are you saying that what I say should have no meaning?
I think that people should consider the source when looking at the value of the posts they are reading. If the thread is about relationships, and the poster wants to stay away from women for his entire life - including his mom and sisters - I don't think that they have much to offer in terms of advice or insight when it comes to relationships.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yes, that is your inexperience. You have said that you have avoided women your entire life. If you have avoided women your entire life - you are going to be clueless. That isn't the fault of women. That was your choice.
I used (keyword: used) avoided women because they scared me. It is still there, but it is fading...somewhat.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think that people should consider the source when looking at the value of the posts they are reading. If the thread is about relationships, and the poster wants to stay away from women for his entire life - including his mom and sisters - I don't think that they have much to offer in terms of advice or insight when it comes to relationships.
Yeah I saw that. I really need to stick to the conversation at hand smh.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
This is 2014 not 1900.

1. If you want a raise, you be direct. You ask your manager for a raise. You don't drop hints of a raise.

2. If you someone to stop doing something, you be direct.

lol is that why there is so much gossiping among women in the workplace?

I always hear yadda yadda she's being a btch asking me to do this all the time!
I can't stand her! blahblah
I never gossip about anyone. If I have a problem with someone, I go to their face and resolve it with them rather than play games.

3. If you want to go out with that guy, you ask him out. You don't drop hints of this and that.
THIS!! Women can send signals all over the place. I'm a very docile guy unless a woman flat out tell me she is interested, I will think she is being friendly only.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:50 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Don't really have a problem with asking a guy out, but I am not really in the position to take a guy out.

Plus I am pretty shy when it comes to my feelings for someone.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:44 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
As a generalization, men seem to be very interested in the topic of women asking men out.

I was at a group discussion meeting (not a dating type group) when I mentioned that I had asked a guy out the proceeding weekend and all the men were saying, stop, go back, what's this about a woman asking a man out, how did that work? They all honed right in on it like beagles spotting a rabbit. They wouldn't talk about anything else.

It would have been a great opportunity to ask any of them out, except they weren't the sort of guys I would have dated. So, there's that. Maybe the guys who aren't getting invited out aren't the sort of guys who make an effort to be date-able? Passive is not really an attractive feature in a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships