Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2014, 10:49 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
some of us prefer to adhere to our respective gender roles regardless of whether or not we agree with them completely. we do live in a society with other people after all. i can disagree with the concept that men should do the asking all day long, but if it isn't actually practiced by anyone in real life i'm not doing myself much good by being a revolutionary about it. i'm just going to scare men off.
I sympathize with the underlined, but I think that your view is different for women than it is for men.

If a man decides to try and "be a revolutionary about it" (I like that term, btw), he could choose to stop pursuing women, but the adverse effect is that he will have fewer (or possibly no) dates.

If a woman decides to reject her "gender role", so to speak, and begin asking men out, they may very well say no. But she won't get fewer dates as a result, possibly more, in fact. Plus, if a guy is scared off by you asking him out, he wasn't going to ask you out anyway. So nothing really changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 11:13 AM

306 posts, read 299,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I sympathize with the underlined, but I think that your view is different for women than it is for men.

If a man decides to try and "be a revolutionary about it" (I like that term, btw), he could choose to stop pursuing women, but the adverse effect is that he will have fewer (or possibly no) dates.

If a woman decides to reject her "gender role", so to speak, and begin asking men out, they may very well say no. But she won't get fewer dates as a result, possibly more, in fact. Plus, if a guy is scared off by you asking him out, he wasn't going to ask you out anyway. So nothing really changed.
perfectly said I will say it again women it's a win win take advantage.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
some of us prefer to adhere to our respective gender roles regardless of whether or not we agree with them completely. we do live in a society with other people after all. i can disagree with the concept that men should do the asking all day long, but if it isn't actually practiced by anyone in real life i'm not doing myself much good by being a revolutionary about it. i'm just going to scare men off.
I don't know why women think men would be scared off by a women approaching when men have to go through twenty rejections to get a date.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:19 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doobalistic View Post
I don't know why women think men would be scared off by a women approaching when men have to go through twenty rejections to get a date.
My friends have been approached by women, they claimed the women were so aggressive that they were turned off.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:34 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
It makes no sense to me that a man would be turned off by being approached by a woman. It just doesn't compute.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
It makes no sense to me that a man would be turned off by being approached by a woman. It just doesn't compute.
I have been approached by a woman and I definitely liked it. Other guys prefer to be the pursuer. To each their own I guess.

Old 04-09-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I have been approached by a woman and I definitely liked it. Other guys prefer to be the pursuer. To each their own I guess.
I can understand not liking the way you were approached but were your friends rude in there rejection of them?

Old 04-09-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I can understand not liking the way you were approached but were your friends rude in there rejection of them?
They were definitely not rude. They were just startled. They really are not used to female attention and it scared them off.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:50 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,211 times
Quote:
It happens. I think those guys are stupid, but hey....more ladies for me.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
It happens. I think those guys are stupid, but hey....more ladies for me.
I have heard it makes them feel like less than a man when a woman comes up to them. I don't get it, but it isn't my problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships