Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 11:16 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,614,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
"
It's very amusing to see all the loser humans talk about their excuses for not getting married and having kids as part of their course of life. They even justify it and say it's their choice! Even the stupidest creatures on earth know how to have babies and keep LIFE evolving, yet we have these SMART humans who let their genes die because they want to travel the world or be debt free and rich! Remember, the reason you are reading this is because your life is a failure. You have FAILED! no kids, no spouse over 40 = FAIL
Posted 7/26/2013 10:34:38am
by AlphaDAD
Surely you should know from your time on this forum if nothing else how to recognize such blatant trolling. I'm convinced that he comment sections of online articles are where the most miserable human beings on Earth gather for their online hate conventions. If this guy was happy with his own life he wouldn't care that others are choosing a different path.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 12:18 AM

30,916 posts, read 37,083,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Lol.

I see nothing wrong with a never married over 40 guys, anymore than a guy who has been married. Sure, some have issues but some divorced and widowed men do too. It's part of our messed up society that glorifies divorce while stigmatizing never married.
Eh, I think 'glorifies' is a bit of a strong word, but I agree with the sentiment.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:26 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,779,130 times
Fascinating...the linked article in question seems to fall on the side of the proverbial "playboy", who has no problems linking up romantically with women, but does not desire a permanent commitment However, there is the other side of the equation as well: older 30-40 or so year-old men who are also never-married's, but due to involuntary celibacy, because no woman was ever romantically attracted to them at all...I personally know what that's like, b/c up until literally just a few years ago, I used to be one of them (i.e., incels)...

Quote:
So read this article and discuss....

The Stigma Of The Never-Married Man: Details

Now there is some truth to the fact that I might be damaged goods in a sense because I have been set in my ways and overly independent. It is true that I am picky, and scared of it failing. Not true that I am gay, I have had my fair share of sex with women in my time, just never wanted to commit , except a couple I did but they didn't, never have had any inclination to be gay.

However in the article there is truth stated that men like me have witness the vast majority of our friends go through HELL in a divorce and that the percentage of our friends getting a divorce highly exceeds those that stayed together. In fact out of 10 male friends of mine I only know 2 that have stayed happily married through time. Now I can tell you that what those guys went through in divorce really DID make them damaged goods afterward.

Yesterday at a gas station I was blown away by a woman in front of me, she is my type that I would want to try to create a relationship with, but I was shot down by her in my advance. I won't go into details about what "my type" is but any of you that know me from CD have a clue. Its just that 90% of women aren't my type, of the 10% that are 7% are married or taken and that only only leaves 3% and of that 3% there is a 50 to 60% chance I am not here type. So I stay single a mess around as I can.

But read the comments after the article, I got love this moron who calls himself "alpha dad" quote:

"
It's very amusing to see all the loser humans talk about their excuses for not getting married and having kids as part of their course of life. They even justify it and say it's their choice! Even the stupidest creatures on earth know how to have babies and keep LIFE evolving, yet we have these SMART humans who let their genes die because they want to travel the world or be debt free and rich! Remember, the reason you are reading this is because your life is a failure. You have FAILED! no kids, no spouse over 40 = FAIL
by AlphaDAD"

Well good for you alpha dad, guess I am not as traditional as you and society expect me to be. I guess being a traditional family man is your goal. I guess you like having family be your mission after working all day to support them. But it isn't mine, I have passions after working all day that leaves little room for family.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:15 AM

752 posts, read 1,168,156 times
Quote:

"
by AlphaDAD"
That guy have some writing gift. Very well said. “Want to travel the world”. Odd ting that so many childless women want travel the world.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:18 PM

13,621 posts, read 21,440,506 times
I appreciate the comments it is interesting to read people's thoughts. I appreciate for who ever said they think I need a "make over" however while everybody has their personal tastes and I may not fall under the conventional side of fashion, I am happy with myself the way I am and am not under distress to try to attract more women as I actually do attact women from time to time, just not the right one for me yet. Though there was one here on CD that made me think but she hasn't been around in a while....te he he.

No, my thread is less about me personally and more about discussing the general stigma of being older and never married in general. I may have a stigma, I really don't care when said and done, but it interested me to see what others thought especially those over 40 and never married also.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:27 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,273,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Paging IDDY!

LOL...you beat me to it!

OP, you're not alone. I have a male friend, who is straight, in his 40's and never married (and no kids either). Actually, we have a few male friends in their 40's an unmarried.

My husband's cousin was well into his 40's before he got married.

My brother's friend is 50 (or maybe a bit older) and he's never been married or had kids.

I don't think any differently of them.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:34 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,317,930 times
Please, women who don't get married or have kids have been chastised for centuries as spinster cat ladies. Men have only recently received judgment.

Cry me a river.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:38 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,040,352 times
I prefer men in their 40s. I've never seen much difference between the divorced and never married.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:16 PM

371 posts, read 896,134 times
I think Alphadad is speaking from an evolutionary standpoint. Our purpose for being is to perpetuate our genes and keep the human race going. If you don't have kids, in a sense, you have failed. At least from that point of view. He's still a jerk, though.

I was in the supermarket yesterday, and saw a dad trying to calm his little girl who was having a kicking, screaming meltdown in the middle of frozen food aisle. I just thought, "Better you than me, buddy."

Old 08-19-2013, 05:01 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,992,574 times
you'd think the writer would at least *try* to pretend they weren't just asking a bunch of their acquaintances about a non issue and turning it into a mediocre article

Quote:
Evidence that even unmarried men in their mid-thirties are suspect is in her fee structure: The up-front charge for guys under 35 is $25,000; for those 35-plus it's $50,000.
yep. concrete evidence right there...

...that no real research whatsoever was done
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships