Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 01:22 PM

102,209 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
My husband "The one occasionally known as Baldrick" quite often compliments women while we're out. Nice dress, nice shoes, nice perfume things like that.

I suppose it could mean that he's interested in them all though looking back at some of the women he's complimented? Probably not.

[written by 'Mrs Baldrick', in case you hadn't guessed]
Great post, Mrs. B! Yes, committing random acts of kindness and giving compliments to strangers is a great way of adding a bit of cheer to anyone's day. When I compliment a guy on his tie, or anything else, that's all it is, there's no deeper meaning to it. It seems kind of sad to think that some people might live in a world where compliments are only given if there's an ulterior motive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 01:36 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
I could be wrong but the shoe thing may have been my comment. If I remember right, it was in regards to how someone could break he ice with an woman your attracted to but don't know. Interesting comments. Its not necessarily the greatest idea in the world, but it might work, and you're not likely to get slapped or cause the woman to summon the authorities.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:06 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
it means he wants to give you some vitamin D.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:07 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
It's probably a mistake or a regional dialect. He meant breasts.

As an aside, last night i learned that the viking word - before there was writing - for vagina was Fudgh, or maybe it was Fudh. It's unpronounceable in the english language, but sounds something like "foot" without the t and the oo is more rounded like u in "full" without the ll at the end. Just in case.....

Old 07-13-2013, 04:22 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,150,246 times
My wife is really into her shoes and she has a lot of them. As a result, I will sometimes take notice of other women's shoes and tell them they are cute if I think they are. Totally innocuous and I hope the receiver of my compliment doesn't take it the wrong way. I'm happily married and plan on staying that way!

Old 07-13-2013, 04:32 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I found that guys would compliment shoes they found sexy. My sensible black pumps would get no attention but a cute pair of strappy heels could garner attention. Didn't mean they wanted me, they just like how the shoes looked, and possibly how the shoes looked on me.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-13-2013, 04:45 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,435,099 times
All guys like (dialed to "yes") all women as long as the woman isn't undesirable looking. For any destination a person desires to go, a first step is always needed. Complimenting her shoes is a first step.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:54 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
First step? Shoes? I see what you did there.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-15-2013, 04:17 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
The times I explained to my husband how a male commented on my boots or heels, my husband felt there was an attraction on the guy's part. I think part of it is situational for me. Men aren't commenting on my shoes when I'm out at the mall. They're commenting on my knee-high/thigh-high boots or stilettos when I'm out at a lounge/bar or party/social event.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:20 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
If he gives you the once over and only compliments on the shoes, that's not a good thing if you are looking to seal the dill, my beautiful creature.
lol..you slay me jaypee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships