Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 05:09 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,568,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztw View Post
Long story short. Ex broke off our 8 year relationship about 2 months ago stating he had no time for me because he's too busy working & being in 2 bands. I did not agree with the break up & told him I love him. He said he had to break up even if he regrets it & that I'm his best friend and he can't see me not in his life. I have not seen or spoken to him since. I even deleted my Facebook because he was liking my photos. So honestly what the hell? If he actually truly wanted to be friends I would have heard from him. I also don't want to be friend zoned. He knows I care way more than a friend & I'm not going to pretend. I also don't want to become just friends with benefits. I have completely disappeared. I need to know if he was just saying that to ease the breakup or does it mean something else? Ive heard some men say this as a means to leave the door to the relationship open? I understand that maybe overtime down the road you could possibly be friends.guys POV would be great.
I'm not a guy but it sounds like you made up his mind for him. You deleted your Facebook account, you don't want to be friend zoned - he doesn't have the room or the opportunity to prove he means what he is saying. You are shutting him out and you want him to chase you. That's not a game everyone wants to play. He may just feel you need the space. And you do. You can't go from being in love to being just friends overnight. You have to give yourself time to get past it.

You're obviously hurt, understandably so. But that doesn't mean he isn't sincere. Stay away from him until the pain subsides. You will see things a lot differently and can then work on being friends. There is no law that says you even have to be friends. But it's not going to happen if you're still in love with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 05:11 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,212,299 times
From what I posted last week

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I've always stayed friendly with exes jus in case I want to go back and get sex during down periods or the new girl im sleeping with isnt as good as the women in the past. As chris rock said best, men cant move backwards sexually. Every ex girlfriend I've ever has aside from my first Ive gone back and slept with, whether they were in a relationship or not.

This is true for most men. Ladies, men like to be nice when rejecting women because they always want to leave the door open. For either

A. Sex
B. if he fails with the women he's trying to get after, he can always crawl back to you

Old 07-02-2013, 05:33 AM

16,223 posts, read 25,701,762 times
Leave the book closed and move on!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships