Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 10:35 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,624,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
As a man, an adult female virgin appeals to me. I am a 30 year old male who is a virgin. For me, it is part of my morals and values. Save the sex for marriage. I am doing that. For that reason, I would prefer a woman who is a virgin.
Good for you gm, I sincerely hope that when the "big moment" gets here, you won't see it as anti climax, (no pun intended.)
Personally, (colour me cynical), but if I was confronted by a 150%, absolutely copper bottomed, undeniably guaranteed 22 y.o. virgin, I'd hazard a guess that she'd been in a coma since she was 10 years of age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2017, 07:03 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,624,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
Good for you gm, I sincerely hope that when the "big moment" gets here, you won't see it as anti climax, (no pun intended.)
Personally, (colour me cynical), but if I was confronted by a 150%, absolutely copper bottomed, undeniably guaranteed 22 y.o. virgin, I'd hazard a guess that she'd been in a coma since she was 10 years of age.

Someone has repped the post that I'm quoting, saying that it is "interesting" that I've high fived, (their words), green mariner, but that I was more than a little dubious that a female could still be a virgin at 22.
In an effort to put the record straight, the fact that green mariner said that he was a 30 y.o. MALE virgin just went in and out of my mind, not registering at all really, other than I hoped that it wouldn't be an anti-climax if and when his situation is ever resolved.
The suggestion that a woman could still be a virgin at 22, somehow sounded harder to believe for me, although with hindsight, a man can also be a virgin, that's true I know.
I wasn't for one minute suggesting that women were more likely to have had a sexual encounter by age 22 than men would have.
Maybe it's because I'm a heterosexual man, but if I hear or read the word virgin, I automatically think of a female, not a male.
Obviously I don't know this for sure, but I'm inclined to think that when anyone, male or female, sees or hears the word virgin, they think that it's being said about a female.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:52 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,536,228 times
Quote:
Maybe it's because I'm a heterosexual man, but if I hear or read the word virgin, I automatically think of a female, not a male.
Obviously I don't know this for sure, but I'm inclined to think that when anyone, male or female, sees or hears the word virgin, they think that it's being said about a female.
Yes, it is because you are an older hetero man. But assuming that "anyone" else thinks that too is just the false consensus effect.

Associating "virgin" with a woman is merely a double standard reinforced over centuries. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hang around here long enough, and you will become acquainted with many male virgins. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:25 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,656,605 times
Quote:
That was my opinion until I signed up on here as for adult virgins and I genuinely couldn't believe it!.

I remember there was something on the front of " hello " magazine about a 23 year old bloke that was a virgin and I was by it as the oldest I've even known was 19 and he had the stigma of being " late ".

I always assumed it was for religious reasons more than anything if a person waited that long but having read some of the posts on here I have had my eyes opened as I was quite ignorant on the subject beforehand and yes many have their reasons but with a good few of both genders that's actually looking to date/have sex it's pretty bloody obvious what the problem is and what's more it's completely bloody oblivious to them what the issue is

Personally it doesn't at all effect my opinion of them at all as for each to their own but as a 32 year old bloke that's a practicing heterosexual I clearly wouldn't be right for them so wouldn't be interested in dating one

Old 04-24-2017, 04:32 AM

147 posts, read 158,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Doesn't the fact that you are in a good place now trump the bad experience you had with the first? We do ourselves and our offspring a huge disservice by emphasizing virginity. No one wants a bad relationship, but it shouldn't be seen as an even worse thing because it was the one in which virginity was lost. The o.p. cannot know at the outset whether she has met someone that is worthy of her virginity or not. That is the trap, the huge Catch-22 that keeps many women virgins for life. That is the real shame. That so many women are advised to wait for a 'guy that is worth it' when no one knows what the hell that means. It means that many women simply won't ever have a sexual relationship. Or worse, having had a sexual relationship that didn't work out, they now feel totally worthless and start a spiral into worse and worse behaviors that leave them completely unable to ever have a normal relationship with someone.
The Reasons I felt bad was I lost my virginity to someone who just wanted to have sex. I was an idiot because I ignored his true intentions. It happens.. In a way, you can know. If I guy wants to only see you at night, invite you over late, claim your too far when you live down the street, has you pick up the check because they are short constantly. If you ave to think constantly whether that person likes you, then most likely they do not. To me, that does not seem worth it unless you just want sex; then who cares in that case. I know the reasons i continued the relationship and proud of myself when I stopped it. I felt worthless after and still met someone 2 years later. It does not mean hope is lost and a women or man will never find someone. And yes, I'm in a good place, but already having emotional problems(abuse as child), having that previous causal relationship unintentionally (stupid me) cause me to feel worse. I also know I can drive my boyfriend crazy because I feel like he could do better. So, in a way I think if you genuinely think a person is worth it, then I see no problem. Do not just get rid of it just to get rid of it. That's partially why I did it.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:00 AM

216 posts, read 216,545 times
I waited for love. At 19, I found love... to a guy who was waiting for marriage. We broke up. At 22, I found love... to another guy who was waiting for marriage. We broke up. At 25, I was still a virgin and still had never had a RL with someone WILLING to have sex before marriage. I was practically undateable. Guys told me being "THE FIRST" was too much pressure. I stopped telling people and eventually it happened.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:17 PM

4 posts, read 3,746 times
If anyone thinks that you're undateable just because you're a virgin, they're the ones who are undateable in my book. Anyone who would judge someone based on something like that is superficial and shallow. It's a good way to filter out narrow-minded *******s or people who aren't willing to be in a relationship where they're not getting laid immediately. Anyone who is worth it will care about who you are rather than stupid social constructs such as virginity.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:21 AM

73,461 posts, read 63,488,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Nah. Arch is right. And too kind actually. I would have said 21. Show me where it says in the Bible that unmarried people shouldn't have sex. Even if you find such an edict its still meaningless. It was never meant to apply to men. Just saying.
What Does the Bible Say About Premarital Sex (Sex Before Marriage, Sex Without Marriage)?

Old 05-02-2017, 11:22 AM

73,461 posts, read 63,488,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilli57211 View Post
If anyone thinks that you're undateable just because you're a virgin, they're the ones who are undateable in my book. Anyone who would judge someone based on something like that is superficial and shallow. It's a good way to filter out narrow-minded *******s or people who aren't willing to be in a relationship where they're not getting laid immediately. Anyone who is worth it will care about who you are rather than stupid social constructs such as virginity.
It is a good way to filter out those who do not understand/share your morals and values. If someone will not date you because you are a virgin, they don't respect you. I consider being a virgin as respectable. I look at it as having control.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:31 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,842,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilli57211 View Post
I totally agree but this is the de-evolved US culture we're talking about don't forget. Men are taught that it's ok and normal to expect sex on the first date and the idea of a woman over 18 being a virgin and/or waiting or having a semi or temporary abstinence policy is some sort of a flawed woman. In some cases these women are berated and made to feel as if there is something wrong with them. If this wasn't the case...would the question even need posed? Think about it. As usual the feminists always drop the ball and never champion for the things that should be championed for. Because their agenda has taken on a totally different cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships