Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 01:20 PM

8 posts, read 27,751 times

Advertisements

What would you think of a girl who is 22, good looking (pretty face and nice body, petite and slim, men look at her), but who is still a virgin...

Knowing that she wouldn't be a virgin because of religious reasons, but by choice, simply because she is a genuine girl who doesn't fall in love every 6 months and who is not interested at all in doing it casually with guys she doesn't love, or who don't really care about her either...

If you would have met this girl and started liking her...Would it be a turn off that she has no experience, would you think she must be boring and stuck up ? Or would you rather see it in a positive way or even find it attractive, as it would mean she values s*x and might let you be the first guy to get that intimate with her...?
If you would have to choose between two equally good looking girls, one being strong-minded/genuine and still a virgin, and the other one well would have had a few bf and would be easier, which one would you prefer ?

I'm curious, I'd like your honest opinions !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 01:23 PM

537 posts, read 1,242,446 times
I have a question: why does it matter?

People value sex to the point that no matter what a person does, male or female, they're doing something wrong. You're either not having enough sex or having too much sex. If you're a virgin, there's something wrong with you. If you have multiple partners, something is wrong with you.

My honest opinion? I don't care. This person made a decision based on her own values, and I respect that a lot. But in the grand scheme of things, what does it matter?

Old 11-28-2013, 01:26 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,792,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkwithwords View Post
I have a question: why does it matter?

People value sex to the point that no matter what a person does, male or female, they're doing something wrong. You're either not having enough sex or having too much sex. If you're a virgin, there's something wrong with you. If you have multiple partners, something is wrong with you.

My honest opinion? I don't care. This person made a decision based on her own values, and I respect that a lot. But in the grand scheme of things, what does it matter?
^

I pretty much agree with this.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:27 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,730,641 times
this is a such a vague question i really doubt you are going to get the information you really seek. everyone is different. physical attraction will be different. if a girl is 22 and a virgin (which im sure there are plenty) and she does this because she is scared (the way you make it seem) to have sex with someone that isnt committed to her then there is a lot to be seen in this. one, she is insecure. did she have a past experience? second, she is waiting for the 'american dream' to happen (right guy, marry, then sex, then house, then kids, then retire, then die). im not saying there is anything wrong with this, its just not for everyone.

i have some friends that are still virgins in their 20s and they all have super high unrealistic standards for a relationship, but the sad part is they are still single and have been for years. if you pigeon hole yourself into meeting the 'perfect' partner take a ticket and get in line, its a never ending line. successful relationships are all about compromise. good luck

Old 11-28-2013, 01:31 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,513 times
Honestly, the first thing that comes to mind?

If she's pretty and 22 and has been rebuffing all the guys, she is going to be ridiculously picky about whatever guy it is that she picks, and he better be the perfect package of looks, success, charm, etc, etc.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:39 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,944 times
Respect

Old 11-28-2013, 01:41 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofie18 View Post
What would you think of a girl who is 22, good looking (pretty face and nice body, petite and slim, men look at her), but who is still a virgin...

Knowing that she wouldn't be a virgin because of religious reasons, but by choice, simply because she is a genuine girl who doesn't fall in love every 6 months and who is not interested at all in doing it casually with guys she doesn't love, or who don't really care about her either...
I've known women like this. They either haven't been approached much, except by guys who only want one thing, or they just haven't met someone they feel they have something in common with. I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with it. Why do people on this board think virginity is a turn-off? Who even cares?

Old 11-28-2013, 01:51 PM

255 posts, read 373,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've known women like this. They either haven't been approached much, except by guys who only want one thing, or they just haven't met someone they feel they have something in common with. I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with it. Why do people on this board think virginity is a turn-off? Who even cares?

I do. I dated a woman who was a virgin in her early 20's. It took me more than 6 months just to get sex from her. Then she dumped me, and 2 weeks later she was already giving it up easily for another guy. So, yeah. You have that. A woman's first time is not particularly enjoyable for the woman, or for the men. The virgin woman I dated was a virgin because she was only interested in x guys but eventually she began to feel like she was a freak and she deigned to date me, but I've never heard of attractive, virginal women. Men of substance($$$) approach women, good-looking women, and so do good-looking men.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:53 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th Man Down View Post
I do. I dated a woman who was a virgin in her early 20's. It took me more than 6 months just to get sex from her. Then she dumped me, and 2 weeks later she was already giving it up easily for another guy. So, yeah. You have that. A woman's first time is not particularly enjoyable for the woman, or for the men. The virgin woman I dated was a virgin because she was only interested in x guys but eventually she began to feel like she was a freak and she deigned to date me, but I've never heard of attractive, virginal women. Men of substance($$$) approach women, good-looking women, and so do good-looking men.
Whiney whine whine! So you dated her to "get sex from her"? No wonder you're not having any success.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:54 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofie18 View Post

If you would have met this girl and started liking her...Would it be a turn off that she has no experience, would you think she must be boring and stuck up ? Or would you rather see it in a positive way or even find it attractive, as it would mean she values s*x and might let you be the first guy to get that intimate with her...?
If you would have to choose between two equally good looking girls, one being strong-minded/genuine and still a virgin, and the other one well would have had a few bf and would be easier, which one would you prefer ?

I'm curious, I'd like your honest opinions !
I would praise her for her pure conduct. Rare these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships