Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 02:33 PM

315 posts, read 211,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
When you have aspergers in your 30s and live in Los Angeles it's hard to get a good job that will impress woman
It's just my opinion, but I don't think you really want a woman just impressed by your job - you want her to be into you for you. I also think there is someone for everyone - aspie or not. I am considered different and while it is at times a burden (I know how hard it can be) it is also a gift and try to remember you are uniquely you. I really think you meet someone when you're not even expecting to. Hang in there and do things that make you feel good about yourself. Volunteer for something you believe in. Someone else on here had the suggestion of finding a support group - I think that's a great idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 03:11 PM

102 posts, read 118,037 times
I have a friend who I think might be on the spectrum, and she is very hard to communicate with, she doesn't understand or pick up on social cues. I would find that very frustrating in a relationship. I would't pay anyone else to date you, and if you want to online date, try Match.com. I personally had no luck with online dating and found that it wasn't for me. Try going to coffee shops on the weekends and bookstores, things like that. Good luck.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:40 PM

2,153 posts, read 2,944,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthShoreGrrl View Post
It's just my opinion, but I don't think you really want a woman just impressed by your job - you want her to be into you for you. I also think there is someone for everyone - aspie or not. I am considered different and while it is at times a burden (I know how hard it can be) it is also a gift and try to remember you are uniquely you. I really think you meet someone when you're not even expecting to. Hang in there and do things that make you feel good about yourself. Volunteer for something you believe in. Someone else on here had the suggestion of finding a support group - I think that's a great idea.
I'm glad I'm not alone on being different.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I'm glad I'm not alone on being different.
We are all unique and God didn't make any perfect person! We all have something only we can contribute - sometimes I think it takes alot of hard work to figure out what it is.

Hang in there and be positive

Old 06-09-2015, 12:03 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,832,419 times
Quote:
I'm very shy. Often if I'm with a stranger I sit there and don't say anything.
Well there's your issue, nobody is going to want to date someone who doesn't speak in front of them.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
Well there's your issue, nobody is going to want to date someone who doesn't speak in front of them.
I'm very shy, too. Give yourself a chance and take it gradually. You can definitely learn how to be a better conversationalist.

Old 06-09-2015, 02:32 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,125,285 times
it's not impossible for you to find love, but you are ice skating uphill,
aspergers is a blessing and a curse. it makes you brilliant hyper focused at what ever you have an interest in and what ever you set your mind to you will do very well in. but the downside is you most likely have little to no social skills, and have a hard time reading the social cues of others, plus you are male seeking women, and women in general are more social creatures than men anyway. were men judge women 80% by how a woman treats him, women judge men 80% on how he interacts with the world around him, its messed up but thats the pickle you are in.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthShoreGrrl View Post
We are all unique and God didn't make any perfect person! We all have something only we can contribute - sometimes I think it takes alot of hard work to figure out what it is.

Hang in there and be positive
Very true

Old 01-31-2016, 03:29 AM

A few months ago I broke up with my girlfriend. When I moved to Seattle alone in July 2015 it made it hard to have a long distance relationship.

Here in Seattle I'm struggling to find a woman who will even go on one date with me.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:37 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,185,695 times
Quote:
A few months ago I broke up with my girlfriend. When I moved to Seattle alone in July 2015 it made it hard to have a long distance relationship.

Here in Seattle I'm struggling to find a woman who will even go on one date with me.
Have you spent any time at the market downtown? I have a high school buddy who lives in Seattle and he took me there when I visited. We went to a restaurant called Matt's in the Market. There were a lot of interesting and attractive looking people about your age there.

Maybe if you become a regular someplace you'll meet some locals and start making friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships