Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 01:36 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,175,658 times

Advertisements

Act like a cat - don't do everything she wants, but occasionally turn on the charm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 03:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,649,143 times
If she likes you, she likes you.

Really, if I like a guy there is basically nothing he has to do to 'keep me interested' because simply the act of being around him keeps me interested.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:13 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,003,959 times
Yes, as Jet alludes, remember that she wants sex and love as much as you do. She is already highly motivated by biology .

Old 05-03-2013, 04:37 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,676,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
Be good with your tongue
My first thought...
If you have that down she's going nowhere...

Also, have a life beyond her...so that you're not always around.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:40 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,676,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If a girl is interested in you, nothing is going to change her mind about you.
not true...I've turned girls from all over me to "run away from him as fast as you can" in less than 24 hours.

seriously....she literally sprinted away at the sight of me...before, though, we, uhh, went places....

Old 05-03-2013, 04:44 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,214,360 times
Keep learning new things and improving yourself.

Suggest things you can learn together.

Be open to her suggestions.

Stay in shape.

Don't take her for granted.

Travel with her.

Surprise her once in a while. It doesn't have to be anything big, but a little spontaneity goes a long way. A single flower, an unexpected kiss, a drive somewhere beautiful where you don't tell her where you're going, a compliment when she least expects it.

And yeah, keep her satisfied in bed.

All of which I would tell a woman to do for a man, too.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:56 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,340,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
I've never been in a relationship, but one of the things that always bothered me was how I could keep a woman interested in me long term. It seems like an impossible task. How do guys maintain a woman's interest without becoming boring?
I don't think it's all-or-none in the sense that she's interested in you or has decided not to touch you with a 10-foot pole right off the bat. That said, there isn't a whole lot of leeway early in the process of getting to know each other better. Early on, you'll be on a short leash as she doesn't know you that well and hasn't invested much in your relationship.

I don't think it's a matter of doing things for the purpose of maintaining a woman's interest. After you have been together for an initial period (say a few months), then you will become a larger part of each others' lives. At that stage, qualities like appearance will matter less and factors like how well you listen, how you treat her during difficult times, how much you compromise, etc will be more important.

The best advice is to present the best package possible. On the personal side, maintain your appearance, dress well, do as well as you can in your career. In terms of your interaction with women, be a good listener, be responsive to her needs and willing to compromise and do what you can to enjoy your time together. The best advice I ever heard was that the most important factor in attracting a woman is 'the experience that she has when she's with you and the emotions that experiences conjures up inside of her' (close to a direct quote). The experience has many components, so there's no formula for it.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:01 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,955,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
I've never been in a relationship, but one of the things that always bothered me was how I could keep a woman interested in me long term. It seems like an impossible task. How do guys maintain a woman's interest without becoming boring?
by finding new ones

Old 05-03-2013, 05:02 PM

45,471 posts, read 60,692,988 times
Default How?

Good oral skills. You know, being a good conversationalist.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:04 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,257,710 times
60% is what you are, 40% is what you are NOT,

women arent stupid, they pick up on the little things- they do like a stable man, a good provider, good manners, and respect them.. be adventurous,

the good news for the female socially challenged is- most woman get burnt by men,,,so they start recognizing the fire
and will appreciate a good man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships