Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2013, 05:15 PM

709 posts, read 598,277 times

Advertisements

So guys...you still have those women on here after they have seen you?

You must be PLENTY good enough!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 09:26 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,697,954 times
Just avoid and don't speak. She'll get the hint. After about 6 months, tell her to go screw off if she doesn't get the hint. I like how some posters want to guilt you into being her friend. I know this goes without saying but you have no obligation to talk to her, be friends with her or be cordial/civil with her. If you avoid her then there will be no need for the last one.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:00 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Just avoid and don't speak. She'll get the hint. After about 6 months, tell her to go screw off if she doesn't get the hint. I like how some posters want to guilt you into being her friend. I know this goes without saying but you have no obligation to talk to her, be friends with her or be cordial/civil with her. If you avoid her then there will be no need for the last one.
If you're friends with a woman, she could set you up with someone...

Old 04-12-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
If you're friends with a woman, she could set you up with someone...
Why do you need her help? I have female friends and quite frankly considering the amount of female friends I have the likelihood of being set up was slim to none. The opportunities I have met I've "rejected" them all. I don't need their help and if one does then that is a personal problem. The female friends I do have aren't girls who didn't want to date me or girls I didn't want to date. They were just cool women who I hung out with. I don't try to salvage anything by remaining friends with a girl who rejected me. Why bother? I have enough friends (of either gender) anyway to not be so desperate to remain in contact.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:11 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
Quote:
or just tell her your not interested in being her friend and its probably best you don't talk anymore
whats with people being afraid to be direct?

Old 04-12-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
or just tell her your not interested in being her friend and its probably best you don't talk anymore
whats with people being afraid to be direct?
If he snatches his arm away when she grabs it in an attempt to speak to him. That's pretty direct. So avoid her entirely because she doesn't get it or doesn't want to get it. So don't engage her. It's not fear. If you read the OP's posts then you would understand that. She's the one who is thick in the head.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
If he snatches his arm away when she grabs it in an attempt to speak to him. That's pretty direct. So avoid her entirely because she doesn't get it or doesn't want to get it. So don't engage her. It's not fear. If you read the OP's posts then you would understand that. She's the one who is thick in the head.
ive read the Op, he is way to vague to draw any solid conclusions on the situations his described. just say straight up "i don't want to talk to you because i don't feel i can be your friend" and be done with it. no need to snatch body parts away or leave things unsaid for the other to try and figure out on their own, just say what you mean and be done with it.

your adults getting into adult situations act accordingly

Old 04-12-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
ive read the Op, he is way to vague to draw any solid conclusions on the situations his described. just say straight up "i don't want to talk to you because i don't feel i can be your friend" and be done with it. no need to snatch body parts away or leave things unsaid for the other to try and figure out on their own, just say what you mean and be done with it.

your adults getting into adult situations act accordingly
Tell that to the girl who literally grabbed his arm to talk to him. How quick to judge. Have you every single one of the OP's posts not just the first? Of course, it may seem vague to you because you can't comprehend it. She's in denial or on a guilt trip or something. Verbal communication isn't going to help. She trying to wrangle him into the friend zone and he doesn't want to do that. He's avoided her, not talked to her and even has been physically aggressive in response to her grabbing him. Why this does not compute with her is beyond me. Why you think telling her is all of the sudden going to change things is also beyond me.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:52 PM

considering he cant explain what "rejection" means to him im not going to go out and take "she grabbed me" as anything other then "she put my hand on my shoulder when i tried to ignore her"

there was no aggressive behavior mentioned. just a hand on a body.

as far as stating your case accomplishes?
1: you will find you start getting taken a little more serious when you say things to people
2: nobody can mistake your actions as anything but what they where, a couple words stating your case and your intent thereafter

if someone wants to act out every time things don't go the way they want, by all means go for it. its not going to accomplish much outside attracting other crazies and sending the good girls running away.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:09 AM

You can believe whatever helps you sleep at night and make the OP the villain for not wanting to be her friend but if he has to push her away then that's more than her putting a hand on the shoulder. A hand on the shoulder is not a grab and the fact that you are belittling it and projecting your own feelings onto what happened is pitiful. Grabbing someone especially if they didn't ask for it is aggressive. If someone grabs me unexpectedly I'm definitely going to be crossed unless they don't explain themselves. Usually calling my name is enough and if they don't respond then they don't want to talk to you.

At the end of the day, it is rejection. He isn't good enough for her in her eyes. He was rejected. Let's not be soft and everybody gets a trophy. Call it like it is. Trying to make everyone you reject their friend doesn't accomplish much either. You just make things awkward and unstable.

"2: nobody can mistake your actions as anything but what they where" What? Where what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships