Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 09:29 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Does this happen to anyone else? A girl will reject me then she'll still talk to me even months later. I've had some girls that have rejected me go out of their way to talk to me again, so I'm not initiating anything this time around.

If a girl rejects me I want her to leave me alone and I want nothing to do with her. Anyone agree?
So she's only allowed a place in your world if you might have a chance at sleeping with her?
Otherwise just go away!?

Nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 09:36 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
I think it's really screwed up that most of you is getting on the OP for not wanting to be friends with a girl he has unrequited feelings for. Apparently his thoughts and feelings don't matter only her's. Sometimes the best way to get over someone is to distance yourself from them. I've been there and believe me it's hard to be friends with someone you have feelings for but they don't and you want to be more. You can't just snap your fingers and say "Oh, I don't feel that way about you anymore". I'm sorry but that's crap. Oh and it just gets worse when she finds someone she actually does want to be with.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:56 AM

855 posts, read 1,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Does this happen to anyone else? A girl will reject me then she'll still talk to me even months later. I've had some girls that have rejected me go out of their way to talk to me again, so I'm not initiating anything this time around.

If a girl rejects me I want her to leave me alone and I want nothing to do with her. Anyone agree?
Been here before.

The girl is simply feeding her ego and she's giving you the choice to add fuel to her conceit. I wouldn't put it past her to have other guys in her circle that's she's rejected. She could be charting out many factors from all the guys. Who has long-term relationship potential, which guy makes for the best FWB, which guy provides the best security blanket financially, which guy and his friends make her look the most attractive and which guy provides her emotional stability when she needs a shoulder to cry on or her voice to be heard.

Don't be a sucker. Be firm and get a bit nasty if you have to. It's the only way she'll learn not to play with your emotions. Being serious is not an option here. It's your duty.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:05 PM

947 posts, read 1,186,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGERSNAP1963 View Post
I've been reading through the posts on this thread and it really saddens me to know that some men cannot see women as anything but a possible lover. Please understand most women don't want a man to be a friend so that she can take advantage of him as a body guard, a shoulder to cry on, etc. You guys need to get it through your heads that you can be pretty fun and great to hang out with. I prefer male friends in fact. I said this before on threads too. I love my girlfriends but we usually talk about emotions etc. and I'm just not into that all the time. I enjoy a good discussion or banter even on all sorts of topics and men are great for that. Please try to see women as more than a lover. Women have so many other wonderful contributions - most of us do have a depth of character you know - to bring to the table than just that one thing. It seems like with some men that old saying is true, "sometimes men don't think with their head - as in the top one." I don't mean that with disrespect, since it's probably a biological thing.

You see, with some guys in this thread, their egos are shot when the girl rejects him. I know rejection sucks, that happens to everybody, and it's a test of one's character. They can take the high road by at least becoming their friend with no ulterior motive or just politely decline her offer if he's not interested. Or they can turn bitter, by shunning her and thinking she wants to trap him in some weird "friend-zone" as they say lol.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:40 PM

709 posts, read 598,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post

You see, with some guys in this thread, their egos are shot when the girl rejects him. I know rejection sucks, that happens to everybody, and it's a test of one's character. They can take the high road by at least becoming their friend with no ulterior motive or just politely decline her offer if he's not interested. Or they can turn bitter, by shunning her and thinking she wants to trap him in some weird "friend-zone" as they say lol.
Are you guys being serious? What do we have to be "friends" about? I have at least 50 guy friends...some closer then others. NONE of us have female friends IRL.....I wonder why>?

Days of Thunder (Gimme Some Lovin) Cole vs. Rowdy - YouTube

Old 04-13-2013, 01:41 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Green_50 View Post
Are you guys being serious? What do we have to be "friends" about? I have at least 50 guy friends...some closer then others. NONE of us have female friends IRL.....I wonder why>?

Too much ego, lack of insight and immaturity?

Or was that a rhetorical question?

Old 04-13-2013, 01:45 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Lots of guys don't have female friends, it can be far too complicated sometimes.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:

Either one or the other finds the other hot or sexy and wants in their pants.

The sooner you admit it and tell the truth about it, the better off you will be!

Old 04-13-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
It's even worse to go along and date somebody whom she has no feelings for, lead him on, and be dishonest. It's a lose-lose situation for them both.

She's did nothing wrong, the chemistry just isn't there.
If there was no chemistry there, they wouldn't talk to you in the first place.

Duh! LOL

Old 04-13-2013, 02:07 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:

So, I'm immature with a huge ego and lack insight?

OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships