Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 10:15 AM

96 posts, read 112,738 times

Advertisements

at what age did you make this? I decided when i was 17 not to be in any relationships, have children or have sex, simply because they had been distracting me from life in the past, at that present moment and looked like it would in the future. (Also i really don't like children.)

Today I am 24 years and 2 years to finish my masters in college. I still have not changed my view on any of this. I know some of you might be saying 'your only a kid and you dont know what life is gonna throw at you' but I am certain 95% sure I dont want women or sex. Why? Ive watched an orgy in my life and a couple who openly participated in 'making love' I wasnt grossed out in any of them but i felt sex was something that would distract me from life. There have been a lot of women in my life that I have met (25-30) who seemed 'nice and 'date able' but they never seemed to step out of the boundaries with rules regarding roles in relationships.

Anyway even if I did change my mind, there would be no point in doing any of this as you'll just die. I think its selfish anyway for me to have children when there are many poor, hungry, and disease plagued children across the world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 10:20 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,302,584 times
Write your own list since it is your life and your choice how to live it. Strangers on a public forum cannot provide you with any information about yourself you do not already know. Besides, who the hades cares what anyone else thinks of how you live your life? It is YOUR LIFE!!

Old 02-09-2013, 10:21 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,261,881 times
your family tree is going to be a mushroom,,,,,,,if everyone thought this way..

sounds like your mind is made up- just rent some ho's to avoid pro-creating

good thing your parents didnt have that attitude

Old 02-09-2013, 10:21 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,300,712 times
What "boundaries" do you want a woman to step out of?...We all die, at one time or another, whether we have children or not, but if you've decided that children of your own are not for you, then so be it...there's nothing wrong with that.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:26 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,088,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leerabian View Post
Anyway even if I did change my mind, there would be no point in doing any of this as you'll just die.
This is true for everything in life. Not just marriage, children and sex.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:27 AM

1,557 posts, read 3,309,799 times
One of the interesting things about life is how sometimes strong "opinions" we had as a youth soften with time. You just may look back years from now and realize that lifestyle was too severe. Try to stay open to experience.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:33 AM

96 posts, read 112,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
What "boundaries" do you want a woman to step out of?...We all die, at one time or another, whether we have children or not, but if you've decided that children of your own are not for you, then so be it...there's nothing wrong with that.
a woman who doesnt ask for child support whe she divorces when she knows she can pay.....a woman who can look at herself in the mirror and accept her looks without makeup, a woman who can cut her hair without care of what others think about her

Old 02-09-2013, 10:39 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,088,751 times
Quote:
a woman who doesnt ask for child support whe she divorces when she knows she can pay.....a woman who can look at herself in the mirror and accept her looks without makeup, a woman who can cut her hair without care of what others think about her
HUH???? Why should SHE be the only one to pay if HE also wanted and created the children? You can't be serious. So she should provide all the financial resources and he gets a free pass?

Old 02-09-2013, 10:46 AM

37,653 posts, read 46,077,333 times
Quote:
at what age did you make this? I decided when i was 17 not to be in any relationships, have children or have sex, simply because they had been distracting me from life in the past, at that present moment and looked like it would in the future. (Also i really don't like children.)

Today I am 24 years and 2 years to finish my masters in college. I still have not changed my view on any of this. I know some of you might be saying 'your only a kid and you dont know what life is gonna throw at you' but I am certain 95% sure I dont want women or sex. Why? Ive watched an orgy in my life and a couple who openly participated in 'making love' I wasnt grossed out in any of them but i felt sex was something that would distract me from life. There have been a lot of women in my life that I have met (25-30) who seemed 'nice and 'date able' but they never seemed to step out of the boundaries with rules regarding roles in relationships.
"Distract you from life"? Um....sex is PART of life. A really GOOD part.

Quote:
Anyway even if I did change my mind, there would be no point in doing any of this as you'll just die. I think its selfish anyway for me to have children when there are many poor, hungry, and disease plagued children across the world
Dude, if you look at life that way, you might as well hang it up right now. You don't seem to get much pleasure from life, and that is really the whole point.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 AM

37,653 posts, read 46,077,333 times
Quote:
Are you nuts? So you think that a father has no duty/responsibility to his children? Really? What planet are you from? Who raises the children on that planet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships