Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 11:24 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,032,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leerabian View Post
a woman who doesnt ask for child support whe she divorces when she knows she can pay.....a woman who can look at herself in the mirror and accept her looks without makeup, a woman who can cut her hair without care of what others think about her
Apples and oranges here, dude.

A woman can make life choices about herself and her appearance - makeup, hair cut, etc. That is cosmetics that only affect her.

In fact, I am just that lady - I really don't put a lot of time and energy into my looks, I am comfortable with natural (no make up) and I don't do the latest hair trends.

But, not ask for child support?? Yeah, that'll be a cold day in H*** in my book. Know why? That support could be the difference between an ok life and good life for a child. Without child support, I can personally afford a $500/mth rental on my income for my son and I. With child support, we just upped our game to $700/mth. This is the difference between an inhabitable place to live and a nice place to live. That affects MY CHILD, not just me. If HE plays the game, HE better be prepared to help support the outcome. That is adult responsibility talking there.

Grow up. Having a masters degree doesn't make you an adult, you have some maturing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 11:28 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,046,535 times
OP, I have a question. If your reason for not having kids Or engage in a relationship is that you at someday going to die anyway, why not apply this logic to all other things in life you pushed? For example, you mentioned that you are pushing your master's degree. Why bother if you are going to die anyway?

Old 02-09-2013, 11:30 AM

96 posts, read 112,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
OP, I have a question. If your reason for not having kids Or engage in a relationship is that you at someday going to die anyway, why not apply this logic to all other things in life you pushed? For example, you mentioned that you are pushing your master's degree. Why bother if you are going to die anyway?

so that i can have a chance at a job, get a fair bit of money, pay for internet and rant on city-data.com

Old 02-09-2013, 11:35 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,046,535 times
Quote:
so that i can have a chance at a job, get a fair bit of money, pay for internet and rant on city-data.com
But you are going to die anyway. Why bother with a job?

Old 02-09-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Master's doesn't guarantee that. My brother got his masters ... Took him 6 months to land a gig in his field of study, and he makes significantly less money than I do; and, I don't have a college degree at all, but have an excellent professional career. I know others with extended education that are doing blue collar jobs right now - cuz, college degrees (BA, MA, etc) are becoming dime a dozen.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
Apples and oranges here, dude.

A woman can make life choices about herself and her appearance - makeup, hair cut, etc. That is cosmetics that only affect her.

In fact, I am just that lady - I really don't put a lot of time and energy into my looks, I am comfortable with natural (no make up) and I don't do the latest hair trends.

But, not ask for child support?? Yeah, that'll be a cold day in H*** in my book. Know why? That support could be the difference between an ok life and good life for a child. Without child support, I can personally afford a $500/mth rental on my income for my son and I. With child support, we just upped our game to $700/mth. This is the difference between an inhabitable place to live and a nice place to live. That affects MY CHILD, not just me. If HE plays the game, HE better be prepared to help support the outcome. That is adult responsibility talking there.

Grow up. Having a masters degree doesn't make you an adult, you have some maturing to do.
Firstly a 12yr old has gone to college, Secondly i said nothing about maturity, and thirdly I cant really have children (biologically so.......)

Old 02-09-2013, 11:39 AM

102,302 posts, read 108,429,936 times
Quote:
at what age did you make this? I decided when i was 17 not to be in any relationships, have children or have sex, simply because they had been distracting me from life in the past, at that present moment and looked like it would in the future. (Also i really don't like children.)

Today I am 24 years and 2 years to finish my masters in college. I still have not changed my view on any of this. I know some of you might be saying 'your only a kid and you dont know what life is gonna throw at you' but I am certain 95% sure I dont want women or sex. Why? Ive watched an orgy in my life and a couple who openly participated in 'making love' I wasnt grossed out in any of them but i felt sex was something that would distract me from life. There have been a lot of women in my life that I have met (25-30) who seemed 'nice and 'date able' but they never seemed to step out of the boundaries with rules regarding roles in relationships.

Anyway even if I did change my mind, there would be no point in doing any of this as you'll just die. I think its selfish anyway for me to have children when there are many poor, hungry, and disease plagued children across the world
Good for you! You know what you want out of life. Go for it!

The world doesn't need more kids, that's for sure. If you think you're unique in your view on that, you're mistaken.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Firstly a 12yr old has gone to college, Secondly i said nothing about maturity, and thirdly I cant really have children (biologically so.......)

If you can't have children, why would the need to ask for child support be a deal breaker?

Old 02-09-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
But you are going to die anyway. Why bother with a job?

Its a sin to commit suicide.....(damn Christans)

Old 02-09-2013, 11:41 AM

102,302 posts, read 108,429,936 times
Quote:
...a woman who can look at herself in the mirror and accept her looks without makeup, a woman who can cut her hair without care of what others think about her
These women are everywhere, especially in academia. Why aren't you meeting them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships