Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 12:46 AM

96 posts, read 112,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
there is fine line between wanting to discuss these choices and/or wondering if there's still anything left worth exploring, in other words, confused about their choices/status. but most of the time these situations sound like 'convince me to date.' In that case, who cares? It's only affecting him, if he doesn't want to date or be in a 'silly relationship' then don't have one. Simple as that.

Yes, finally. Can we be done with this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 01:09 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,580,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leerabian View Post
at what age did you make this? I decided when i was 17 not to be in any relationships, have children or have sex, simply because they had been distracting me from life in the past, at that present moment and looked like it would in the future. (Also i really don't like children.)

Today I am 24 years and 2 years to finish my masters in college. I still have not changed my view on any of this. I know some of you might be saying 'your only a kid and you dont know what life is gonna throw at you' but I am certain 95% sure I dont want women or sex. Why? Ive watched an orgy in my life and a couple who openly participated in 'making love' I wasnt grossed out in any of them but i felt sex was something that would distract me from life. There have been a lot of women in my life that I have met (25-30) who seemed 'nice and 'date able' but they never seemed to step out of the boundaries with rules regarding roles in relationships.

Anyway even if I did change my mind, there would be no point in doing any of this as you'll just die. I think its selfish anyway for me to have children when there are many poor, hungry, and disease plagued children across the world
My fiance's sister feels the exact same way. At 32 she just moved back in with her parents. That's okay, but I'm disappointed since she has 2 masters degrees. Whatever floats your boat man.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:28 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,192,291 times
Quote:
Then why did you start it? That was silly of you.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:29 AM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
You're the boss. Contact a mod and ask to have it closed.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:32 PM

96 posts, read 112,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Then why did you start it? That was silly of you.
Because I wanted to have this never-before conversation.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:28 PM

464 posts, read 479,862 times
What's wrong with having a lot of sex? Just double up on the protection and have fun.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:46 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,701,063 times
You're going to catch hell until the day you die. The nail that sticks out gets hammered. If you're not following life's script then you are criticized. Most people aren't strong enough to go through life different from the norm so they don't. You are and you should take great pride in it.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:21 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,307,709 times
Quote:
at what age did you make this? I decided when i was 17 not to be in any relationships, have children or have sex, simply because they had been distracting me from life in the past, at that present moment and looked like it would in the future. (Also i really don't like children.)

Today I am 24 years and 2 years to finish my masters in college. I still have not changed my view on any of this. I know some of you might be saying 'your only a kid and you dont know what life is gonna throw at you' but I am certain 95% sure I dont want women or sex. Why? Ive watched an orgy in my life and a couple who openly participated in 'making love' I wasnt grossed out in any of them but i felt sex was something that would distract me from life. There have been a lot of women in my life that I have met (25-30) who seemed 'nice and 'date able' but they never seemed to step out of the boundaries with rules regarding roles in relationships.

Anyway even if I did change my mind, there would be no point in doing any of this as you'll just die. I think its selfish anyway for me to have children when there are many poor, hungry, and disease plagued children across the world
I've known my whole life that I did not want a life with marriage or kids. I rejected my first marriage proposal when I was 18. Another when I was 22. I have a year left to finish my masters and I am focused on my career and school. I'm 26 now and still have no interest in marriage or children. I do however love sex and there is no way in he** I would remain celibate.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:56 AM

37,653 posts, read 46,077,333 times
Quote:
Because I wanted to have this never-before conversation.
With whom? Yourself?

Old 02-11-2013, 07:03 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,523,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
there is fine line between wanting to discuss these choices and/or wondering if there's still anything left worth exploring, in other words, confused about their choices/status. but most of the time these situations sound like 'convince me to date.' In that case, who cares? It's only affecting him, if he doesn't want to date or be in a 'silly relationship' then don't have one. Simple as that.

This pretty much says it all. Lock this up and throw away the key.

Last edited by Raptor76; 02-11-2013 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships