Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 12:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,270,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I can vouch for him. He's actually nothing like his CD persona. I'm not either.
I have a hard time understanding that. If you are NOTHING like your CD persona - then how do you come up with your posts? I have a hard time believing that a guy that constantly brags about all the hot young women that he picks up, flirts with, or sleeps with is, in reality, a perfectly nice, humble guy. If he is - why post these ridiculous posts? Even if he might not come off as a total d-bag in person, the fact that he does in his posts tells me that he is anything but humble deep down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 12:07 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,419,942 times
Someone who is comfortable within their own skin. Someone who accepts themselves, with all their faults, and believes they are strong enough to deal with whatever life throws their way. They have strong self-esteem, sense of self, sense of value, which is not easily influenced by others.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:09 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,468,695 times
Quote:
I can vouch for him. He's actually nothing like his CD persona. I'm not either.
I've had a few PMs from the OP that makes me inclined to believe Minx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I have a hard time understanding that. If you are NOTHING like your CD persona - then how do you come up with your posts? I have a hard time believing that a guy that constantly brags about all the hot young women that he picks up, flirts with, or sleeps with is, in reality, a perfectly nice, humble guy. If he is - why post these ridiculous posts? Even if he might not come off as a total d-bag in person, the fact that he does in his posts tells me that he is anything but humble deep down.
On an anonymous internet forum where there's really no accountability and you may or may not care what others think, it's a lot easier to let your hair down, so to speak, and say the things you wouldn't necessarily say in real life. Plus, you can also embellish a bit more about your awesomeness because we don't see you on a daily basis to call b.s. and have proof of it.

I do think there are a lot of sincere posters on here but at the same time, there's a couple I do wonder about.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:13 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,631,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Thanks Dew, but this thread isnt about me, but simply about confidence as it relates to men and women. It has nothing to do with myself. I have nothing against the way you see me as a poster here or in the way you and/or others judge me. Not an issue whatsoever.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:18 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,256,931 times
Quote:
He's actually nothing like his CD persona. I'm not either.
That's too bad. I usually enjoy your posts.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:34 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,058,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
That's too bad. I usually enjoy your posts.
Me too.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:11 PM

5,989 posts, read 10,513,402 times
Confidence can be misleading. If a person is not also competent, the confidence is baseless. I also think confidence and self-assurance are essentially the same - and again, must be based in competence to be meaningful.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:19 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,468,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Thanks Dew, but this thread isnt about me, but simply about confidence as it relates to men and women.
In terms of confidence as it relates to a potential partner, I would have a hard time dating someone I constantly had to reassure I really did like and that I wasn't going anywhere or I wasn't looking for someone else on the side. I also couldn't date someone who was insecure about the last one dying and who either made me feel I had to pretend that part of my life didn't exist or who again I constantly had to reassure wasn't in competition with a ghost.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:30 PM

51,435 posts, read 37,095,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
In terms of confidence as it relates to a potential partner, I would have a hard time dating someone I constantly had to reassure I really did like and that I wasn't going anywhere or I wasn't looking for someone else on the side. I also couldn't date someone who was insecure about the last one dying and who either made me feel I had to pretend that part of my life didn't exist or who again I constantly had to reassure wasn't in competition with a ghost.
Even better is the guy who, in bed, constantly stops to ask "Do you like that? Do you like this? How's this, does this feel good?"

Old 01-22-2013, 03:35 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,784,584 times
The things we write don't come out of thin air, they are typed out thoughtfully by our minds. Anyone who says they are nothing like their online persona are delusional and absolute liars. There is always an element of the true self reflected, maybe those who deny it simply don't have the self awareness they think they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships