Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 11:51 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
This is actually misleading. 20% of guys get laid 80% of the time. The vast majority of guys get sex relatively rarely or never at all, at least during their younger years.

Women, of course, can get laid whenever they want. Nothing new there.
Seems you're doing the misleading unless you can provide factual evidence for these claims.

Nothing new either in that gals are likely risking rape, want more than sex, and won't orgasm or get as much pleasure as the guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 11:59 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There is a world of difference between those terms. You can be non-clingy without being an alpha male and still get women. No one wants someone who doesn't have a life on their own or looks to a partner to give them a purpose or reason to take a shower in the morning. This appliees to men too, not just women - men are just as turned off by needy, clingy partners as women are. Healthy people are attracted to other healthy people. I know many women in LTR's or married, and very few of them are with alpha males, so these non-alpha men ARE meeting women.
I guess there's no hope for me then. Ahhh the world sucks. If i ever DO get a woman i am NEVER procreating, i never want to bring kids into this crappy world of rejection.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
I guess there's no hope for me then. Ahhh the world sucks. If i ever DO get a woman i am NEVER procreating, i never want to bring kids into this crappy world where you get rejected because you care too much.
So you're guess you can't stop being clingly..so you'll go protest gals right to say no to sex with guys they don't want and call it selfish and immoral but you won't stop being clingly...okay then

Being clingy doesn't necessarily mean you care too much.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post

Being clingy doesn't necessarily mean you care too much.
Yea i thought better of that statement and took it out. It just means i need a lot of attention. It doesn't really have anything to do with caring about the other person.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There is a world of difference between those terms. You can be non-clingy without being an alpha male and still get women. No one wants someone who doesn't have a life on their own or looks to a partner to give them a purpose or reason to take a shower in the morning. This applies to men too, not just women - men are just as turned off by needy, clingy partners as women are. Healthy people are attracted to other healthy people. I know many women in LTR's or married, and very few of them are with alpha males, so these non-alpha men ARE meeting women.
This is where you and i disagree. I think that being physically attractive AND being non-clingy makes one an alpha male. Being clingy and/or not being physically attractive makes one a beta-male. Physically, i LOOK like an alpha male because i work out a lot and am in good shape. But because i'm clingy, i would consider myself a beta male.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Yea i thought better of that statement and took it out. It just means i need a lot of attention. It doesn't really have anything to do with caring about the other person.
I'm not seeing how it's crappy or sucky to a want partner that don't need a lot of attention to satisfy whatever issue, insecurity, or ego they have though do tell how does that make the world crappy enough for you not to want to procreate?

Old 12-31-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I'm not seeing how it's crappy or sucky to a want partner that don't need a lot of attention to satisfy whatever issue, insecurity, or ego they have though do tell how does that make the world crappy enough for you not to want to procreate?
It's crappy because i know i need a lot of attention, and i'll never find someone because of that. Yes i could try being less clingy, but then i'll never be happy in a relationship. I'll always be wondering "hmm, can i call this person today? I want to call her, but i don't want to be too clingy." I don't want to live like that, having to constantly guess whether the person wants to hear from me. I'd rather just find someone who enjoys my company as much as i enjoy hers. But that doesn't seem to be happening.

I just think the world is a painful place, and i would never want to bring kids into it. In my opinion there is a lot more sorrow than joy in life.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:30 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,425,964 times
When one has more money, there are more options to live life they want to and there are many distractions out there for those in a similar socioeconomic status. It is not really hard to see this when you know a little history of the world. The whole getting married having kids lifestyle may not appeal to an average "first world" young person who is relatively well-off compared to their poorer brothers or sisters in lesser developed nations.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
It's crappy because i know i need a lot of attention, and i'll never find someone because of that. Yes i could try being less clingy, but then i'll never be happy in a relationship. I'll always be wondering "hmm, can i call this person today? I want to call her, but i don't want to be too clingy." I don't want to live like that, having to constantly guess whether the person wants to hear from me. I'd rather just find someone who enjoys my company as much as i enjoy hers. But that doesn't seem to be happening.

I just think the world is a painful place, and i would never want to bring kids into it. In my opinion there is a lot more sorrow than joy in life.
If you try to resolve why you need a lot of attention perhaps you could be happy in a relationship where you're not clingly. Is it insecurity, emotional issues, mental issues, abandonment issues, ego?

I'm not seeing how you can find a gal's company that you enjoy when you seem to hold a misogynistic bitter resentful attitude towards gals. Seems a robot that will do as you say is more suited to you than a gal.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:09 PM

197 posts, read 208,196 times
Quote:
This is where you and i disagree. I think that being physically attractive AND being non-clingy makes one an alpha male. Being clingy and/or not being physically attractive makes one a beta-male. Physically, i LOOK like an alpha male because i work out a lot and am in good shape. But because i'm clingy, i would consider myself a beta male.
My god man, what exactly is stopping you from being clingy then? Geez, it's like you get high off of each negative post you make. Drugs r bad, mkay?

You will have to change yourself eventually. You can't expect to find someone who likes your clingyness in order to truly be happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships