Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Number of sex partners
1 20 10.26%
2 11 5.64%
3 10 5.13%
4 7 3.59%
5 10 5.13%
6 4 2.05%
7 4 2.05%
8 6 3.08%
9 4 2.05%
10 4 2.05%
11 1 0.51%
12 6 3.08%
13 2 1.03%
14 2 1.03%
15 7 3.59%
16 2 1.03%
17 3 1.54%
18 3 1.54%
19 2 1.03%
20 3 1.54%
21 3 1.54%
22 1 0.51%
23 1 0.51%
24+ 79 40.51%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 12:45 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,769,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
I'm guessing this is more and more unusual these days, Julia, having long term relationships in college; even rarer to marry one out of college.

Felicitations on your marriage though, hope it's still going well!
Thank you. Our 17th anniversary is in a couple weeks.

I think I was at 8 partners when we got married. I had a few before my high school boyfriend, when I was 15, including the man who is now my husband (we dated).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 12:47 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,165,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I had one boyfriend through most of college (we started dating when I was 16), followed by three boyfriends my fourth year after we broke up. Then I married one of them.

Never went away for spring break ... not my style, nor were frat parties. Weekends in Cabo and Vegas were for rich kids with Daddy's credit card, not students with jobs like me.

I had zero interest in being a party girl, and years later I still have no desire to be seen as one.
I think this is more the norm for most women. Lets say a women has 3-4 boyfriends in high school and she sleeps with all of them. So now the count is up to three. Then she goes to college and has three more boyfriends, she sleeps with all of them now the count is 6. Then she gets married, lets say her marriage last 15-20 years, now she gets divorced. So now she's up to 7. Now she"s dating agian, she sleeps with two guys. She finds one she really likes they seattle down. So now her number is ten.(And these are very liberal numbers, I'm assuming she's sleep with everybody she's ever dated.) I still don't see how a women can rack up 24+ partners unless she is a complete Wh%re. Somebody like that is somebody that used to get passed around when I was in high school and college. No dude in his right mind is going to marry a chick like that.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:16 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,455,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I think this is more the norm for most women. Lets say a women has 3-4 boyfriends in high school and she sleeps with all of them. So now the count is up to three. Then she goes to college and has three more boyfriends, she sleeps with all of them now the count is 6. Then she gets married, lets say her marriage last 15-20 years, now she gets divorced. So now she's up to 7. Now she"s dating agian, she sleeps with two guys. She finds one she really likes they seattle down. So now her number is ten.(And these are very liberal numbers, I'm assuming she's sleep with everybody she's ever dated.) I still don't see how a women can rack up 24+ partners unless she is a complete Wh%re. Somebody like that is somebody that used to get passed around when I was in high school and college. No dude in his right mind is going to marry a chick like that.
women sleep around just as much as guys. It would be mathematically impossible for them not to. let's keep it real around here mmmk.

Here is a modern day scenario of a typical educated woman with a decent upbringing. Lets say a women has 3-4 boyfriends in high school and she sleeps with all of them. So now the count is up to three. Then she goes to college and has three more boyfriends, she sleeps with all of them now the count is 6. Then she enters the work force at 22 years old and over the next few years she sleeps with 6-8 guys before meeting her future husband and getting married at the average age of 27. she stays married for the U.S. average of 8 years putting her at 35. during her average marriage she has the average 2 children and 1 affair putting her number at somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 partners. Now she's a single mom and decides she wants to not get involved in a LTR for a year or two (pretty normal) . In that year or two she does some online dating and hooks up with 3-4 guys before deciding she wants to settle down again with the right guy but she quickly learns that guys her age are now only seriously interested in younger women or women without kids. she gets played by 5-6 guys over the next few years that are only interested in one thing before a keeper finally comes along. She's now 39 years old and slept with around 24+ guys and going on her second marriage. I not only wouldn't consider this woman a wh%re but I would also have no problem dating her.

average the girl who get's married for life at 18 and the girl in the hood who's slept with 100 guys and 24 partners sounds pretty normal for a middle aged woman these days IMO

Old 11-25-2012, 01:23 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,812,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I still don't see how a women can rack up 24+ partners unless she is a complete Wh%re. Somebody like that is somebody that used to get passed around when I was in high school and college. No dude in his right mind is going to marry a chick like that.
Such assumptions, child! And I don't think "*****" is a naughty word but if it gets asterisked out on this post then we'll know that even though it's in the Bible many times over it's just not acceptable on a forum.

Anyway, I came of age in the swinging sixties in London which is why I'm chuckling about your assumptions. I'm not telling you any numbers but in truth (and as I mentioned earlier on this thread) I lost count years and years ago. Not to mention that I was certainly never "passed around" as you so beautifully put it, and not to mention that three delightful and well educated men of very sound mind were (obviously at different times in my life) sufficiently delighted with me to make me their wife while a couple of others also asked along the way. So much for THAT theory! Next?

PS. Well I guess that hoar of a frost's similar-sounding spelling is after all naughty naughty.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:42 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,699,696 times
Quote:
You know, it's funny how that is. In SF there is a good amount of gay guys, and the number of times I have been hit on even outside of the Castro is crazy. Literally, all I would have to do if I were gay to get action would be to walk into a gay bar and just sit there, and in five minutes I would be fighting them off with the bar stool. Is this what being a really attractive woman feels like? I wonder. I'm not saying it's a good thing to be hit on constantly (it get's annoying) but it sure is different from what I'm used to from women which is absolutely nothing, with maybe two lifetime exceptions.
Ahh yes..being hit on more times a day then grains of sand on a beach..I remember that. That's why gay cities (SF, Sydney, Amsterdam) are not great places for gays to look for relationships - too many horny men and temptations. It sounds great but is actually when very annoying when a) you grow out of that phase and want something serious b) the guys who are hitting on you get uglier and fatter as you get older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
This is funny. Market Street cuts through the whole city of SF (changing name into Portola and Sloat) and, when it passes "The Castro," one need not wonder where stereotypes come from. It's one guy in tight jeans with tight t-shirt, because of too much time at the gym, after another. I was driving my cousins from Europe around, and they are attractive ladies, and I told them they could walk around Market and Castro at 1 am in a tube top, short shorts, and stilettos and feel totally safe.
They could be naked and people wouldn't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Well apparently some of these peoples' bodies could be stand ins for my local truck stop's public toilets.
Oh...the memories

Old 11-25-2012, 01:47 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,993,608 times
Quote:
I'm guessing this is more and more unusual these days, Julia, having long term relationships in college; even rarer to marry one out of college.

Felicitations on your marriage though, hope it's still going well!
I agree. My serious boyfriend actually broke up with me after college, he just graduated and wanted to have more "fun".

Old 11-25-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I agree. My serious boyfriend actually broke up with me after college, he just graduated and wanted to have more "fun".

I once met a 20-something yeral old female who earlier broke up with her long term bf because she wanted 'fun'. She ended up regretting it and was lamenting what she lost. Maybe your ex does too

Old 11-25-2012, 03:01 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,712,360 times
Call me pure old school but I've always found one lover to be enough and I married her!

24+ lovers? There are some real liars here!!

Old 11-25-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Call me pure old school but I've always found one lover to be enough and I married her!

24+ lovers? There are some real liars here!!

Agreed..who has only 24 partners nowadays?

Old 11-25-2012, 03:07 PM

22,414 posts, read 29,543,565 times
Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships