Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 05:19 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,072,811 times

Advertisements

They're either being friendly or pushing me away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 05:20 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,363,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Interesting. I ask guys this all the time and its usually just friendly conversation, nothing more.
Really?, shows how much I know....Why would you ask a guy that you have no interest in what he was up to later?

Old 10-24-2012, 05:23 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,063,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Really?, shows how much I know....Why would you ask a guy that you have no interest in what he was up to later?
It's a way to get to know someone. I have mostly guy friends so I don't automatically think guy = date.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:35 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,748,741 times
Yes.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:35 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,299,026 times
When it's blatant I can usually tell. I used to work in a branch and apparently the armored car guy had a thing for me. I never saw it. We talked sports all the time and he was very friendly and smiling. My co-worker said he's nothing like that with her when I'm not there. I thought she was crazy. Then there were times where someone covered for him and after they saw my name they would say, "Ohhh, so YOU'RE so-and-so?!" I would ask what that meant but they wouldn't say. Anyway, I see him before going on vacation and told him I'd see him in 2 weeks, as I was getting married. His expression completely changed. He left and I turned to my co-worker like wth? I got the "I told.you so". Anyway, turned out he stopped coming to my branch and the other guys that replaced him would always say "you're her". I finally asked one of the older men about him and he told me. I was blown away.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:36 PM

701 posts, read 1,570,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
It has to be pretty blatant for me to realize someone is flirting with me and even then I don't always realize it.
Yup, same here and then I'll recall the situation and think, "...Wait, was that person flirting with me? No. Yes. Um." And I've noticed that I can sometimes come off as flirty without meaning to. Having that Southern charm in a city like this tends to leave the boys smiling, I find, so I've been needing to make my exit pretty quickly in situations.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:40 PM

861 posts, read 1,254,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Do you have a hard time telling sometimes if someone is being friendly or flirting?

I sure do. As recent as yesterday. Was buying some clothes. Coversation with the female worker went something like this.....

General small talk then talking about the clothes. As I was paying for the clothes, she says "What are you upto after this?, going home to relax?". Wouldn't be interested in her romantically, even if I was single.
But was left wondering whether she was hitting on me or just being friendly.

I think sometimes there is a fine line between the two.
Is there any doubt. She wanted to come to you your place and **** your brains out!

Or, she was a dult and didn't know the message she was conveying.

Next question, please.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:07 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,780,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
When it's blatant I can usually tell. I used to work in a branch and apparently the armored car guy had a thing for me. I never saw it. We talked sports all the time and he was very friendly and smiling. My co-worker said he's nothing like that with her when I'm not there. I thought she was crazy. Then there were times where someone covered for him and after they saw my name they would say, "Ohhh, so YOU'RE so-and-so?!" I would ask what that meant but they wouldn't say. Anyway, I see him before going on vacation and told him I'd see him in 2 weeks, as I was getting married. His expression completely changed. He left and I turned to my co-worker like wth? I got the "I told.you so". Anyway, turned out he stopped coming to my branch and the other guys that replaced him would always say "you're her". I finally asked one of the older men about him and he told me. I was blown away.
Haha. Poor guy. Well not really... you were involved and he didn't step up...

Old 10-24-2012, 07:11 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,262,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville1 View Post
Is there any doubt. She wanted to come to you your place and **** your brains out!

Or, she was a dult and didn't know the message she was conveying.

Next question, please.
Seems like he had a hard time telling. Apparently, you do too.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:18 PM

861 posts, read 1,254,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Do you have a hard time telling sometimes if someone is being friendly or flirting?

I sure do. As recent as yesterday. Was buying some clothes. Coversation with the female worker went something like this.....

General small talk then talking about the clothes. As I was paying for the clothes, she says "What are you upto after this?, going home to relax?". Wouldn't be interested in her romantically, even if I was single.
But was left wondering whether she was hitting on me or just being friendly.

I think sometimes there is a fine line between the two.
It would have been cool if you said "I'm going home to fantasize about you". No, wait, that's over the top. Sometimes, you can't say what is real, at least until you get to know them. So you've got ot ease into it. Listen, she was bored at their mundane job and they were so bored they wer inquiring about you mundane job. Can you imaging how bored that really is??? Come on. So you say something like "Well, if I had someone like you in my life.... blah blah blah." Do what you do.

The point being; Stop sittiing on the fence and get into the game. They're arent' any reruns here. This is the time so you got to play it if you you want to play on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships