Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 07:14 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,788,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You are free to believe whatever you want honey.

I would just ask you to try to remember that your bad experiences and health keep you from having an unbiased opinion and contributes to your belief system being not quite the norm.
Well I think the opposite. you have positive experiences and like the males personality so you think MOST of them are good when they're actually is a miniscule number that probably are the 'real deal.' LOL. Also, I am going off of what I seen and/or experienced for 32 years of life. Brad agree and he is a guy at least admits some of these things, instead of pretending like all the men are well intentioned when most of them are not. *smh*

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 10-01-2012 at 07:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 07:14 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,274,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Don't push your luck, kid. I've been easy on you b/c I don't know you.

Who the wants to just live? I want to get in on the sex.
Living is better than dying.

If you want in then go and get it.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:15 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,233,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
No I am not saying all men either, I'm just agreeing with you on the original statement. I have seen guys on here say similar thing to your friend. What is the point of a gf or wife, or something was even a thread. I would also venture to guess most men get into LTR/marriage for someone to do their laundry regularly, for sex and hot meals too. I have an uncle that dates several different women for those purposes & has been doing it for years. He can just trade them out for another one who is willing to do the same things for him. Highly doubt he's in a minority with that.
Your uncle sounds like a wise man.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:15 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,788,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Your uncle sounds like a wise man.

he sounds like the average man to me. LOL.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:10 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,901,995 times

New Boyz - Tie Me Down [feat. Ray J] (Video) - YouTube

Old 10-01-2012, 09:27 PM

109 posts, read 129,134 times
I'd hate to agree, but personal experience points that way. It's a shame really.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,754,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
No I am not saying all men either, I'm just agreeing with you on the original statement. I have seen guys on here say similar thing to your friend. What is the point of a gf or wife, or something was even a thread. I would also venture to guess most men get into LTR/marriage for someone to do their laundry regularly, for sex and hot meals too. I have an uncle that dates several different women for those purposes & has been doing it for years. He can just trade them out for another one who is willing to do the same things for him. Highly doubt he's in a minority with that.
Yep. This is the reason my ex was with me for as long as he was. He had a girlfriend that paid most of the bils (I made twice as much as he did) did all the laundry, fixed his car for free, made all his meals, cleaned the house and he had sex available on a regular basis. Of course, he cheated on me constantly with hotter women (he told me that was the reason he cheated) so he had the best of both worlds. A wife at home and random hotties on the side. Every man's dream.

Most men would much prefer to just have a string of FWB until he gets too old to bring in the young, hot girls and then he'll settle for a woman who will take care of him.

From my experience, men 'settle' for a relationship just like women 'settle' for a FWB if they can't get a guy to commit.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:04 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,776,779 times
I see a lot less love and romance from people (regardless of age) these days. It's no surprise to me that relationships seem alien after that.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:57 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,239,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yep. This is the reason my ex was with me for as long as he was. He had a girlfriend that paid most of the bils (I made twice as much as he did) did all the laundry, fixed his car for free, made all his meals, cleaned the house and he had sex available on a regular basis. Of course, he cheated on me constantly with hotter women (he told me that was the reason he cheated) so he had the best of both worlds. A wife at home and random hotties on the side. Every man's dream.

Most men would much prefer to just have a string of FWB until he gets too old to bring in the young, hot girls and then he'll settle for a woman who will take care of him.

From my experience, men 'settle' for a relationship just like women 'settle' for a FWB if they can't get a guy to commit.
I'd agree with this especially in the context of this thread about "Younger people". Idk why a woman would settle for a FWB though if that's not what she really wants

Old 10-03-2012, 02:56 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,754,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I'd agree with this especially in the context of this thread about "Younger people". Idk why a woman would settle for a FWB though if that's not what she really wants
Because she's hoping it will lead into a relationship. I've done it, stupidly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships