Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 09:39 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times

Advertisements

The answer is for you to date your male friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
There's nothing wrong with someone taking care of the house, but when someone is looking for that and it's important in finding a mate it's disturbing. I had several men when I was at the Catholic dating site ask me about my cooking and cleaning skills and they admitted because they felt as a woman it's my job. No thanks I'll share the housework if we both work.

I am finding men my age who never married who want to, but many of them are unrealistic. Many (at least on the dating sites)want much younger and they don't even pretend about this. Seeing a 40 year old man who seeks 18-25 women tells me he's not thinking much of the future.

I hope the guy I like is interested as well because the idea of doing online again creeps me out.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:54 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
The answer is for you to date your male friend.
If your male friend is interested. None of mine are.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:03 PM

How do you ladies get all these male friends?

I have none.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:15 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
How do you ladies get all these male friends?

I have none.
Be an unattractive mechanic.

Works like a charm

Old 09-25-2012, 10:31 PM

132 posts, read 176,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Sure...men are looking. They want you to have a smoking hot body, a successful career, no children and parents that left you a large inheritance. Being submissively devoted to them is also required.
Women are much pickier. Google the stats. There are far more lonely men out there than lonely women.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:31 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
I'm not interested in any of my male friends because they're too needy.

Also, I think they're only my friends because they want to shag me. Sad but true.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Be an unattractive mechanic.

Works like a charm
Pssh. You're far from unattractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Also, I think they're only my friends because they want to shag me. Sad but true.
Then you must take into consideration whether or not they are being completely honest with you when they tell you this stuff about their dating lives.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:37 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I'm a bit older now so the people I know socially tend to be a bit older too, I'm talking in the 40-55 range.

One thing the guys especially all seem to have in common is - they're looking for love.

They don't want one night stands. They want a partner.

The guys I know all have good jobs, plenty of money, some have even been married before, done the wife-and-kids thing (who they are STILL paying for) and yet they are still floating aimlessly and unhappily around the world looking for love.

The women I know are gun-shy. Precious few of them want to pair up and settle down...most are either out of a long-term relationship that put them off for good, or have other issues that make them wary or unavailable, like sick elderly parents or demanding careers or kids.

It's like when you get older, the roles are reversed. All youngish girls and women seem to want is a boyfriend, and the guys all just want to play around. Fast forward 30 years and it's literally the other way around.

What's it like where you live?
I just heard it again from my next-door neighbor, who is 53, two days ago: A lot of them want a woman to "take care of" them. It's becoming like a broken record. "Watch out for the 50-somethings. Either go younger or do your own thing."

Perhaps it's because they suddenly realize that they're going to die alone.

Oh, well. Should have thought about that before you decided a 15-pound weight-gain on your wife of as many years was a reason to shag the maid.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:38 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Quote:
Pssh. You're far from unattractive.

Then you must take into consideration whether or not they are being completely honest with you when they tell you this stuff about their dating lives.
Oh god they are.

Trust me.

They whinge moan gripe complain.

Ask for advice. Tell me what they said, what she said, what they said back.

Like freakn 13 year old girls.

I say "dude, she's just not that into you" they go "but..." blah blah bs bs....

Endless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships