Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 04:36 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,795,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Yeah most "ALPHA" men maybe lol.
Nope, even the 'beta' men I know.

In fact, the 'nerds' I know get the most action. Don't even get me started on the whiny hipsters...they seem to have a different woman each week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 04:46 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,515,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I'm a bit older now so the people I know socially tend to be a bit older too, I'm talking in the 40-55 range.

One thing the guys especially all seem to have in common is - they're looking for love.

They don't want one night stands. They want a partner.

The guys I know all have good jobs, plenty of money, some have even been married before, done the wife-and-kids thing (who they are STILL paying for) and yet they are still floating aimlessly and unhappily around the world looking for love.

The women I know are gun-shy. Precious few of them want to pair up and settle down...most are either out of a long-term relationship that put them off for good, or have other issues that make them wary or unavailable, like sick elderly parents or demanding careers or kids.

It's like when you get older, the roles are reversed. All youngish girls and women seem to want is a boyfriend, and the guys all just want to play around. Fast forward 30 years and it's literally the other way around.

What's it like where you live?
Where I live, men in the 40-55 range who say they can't find love are usually looking for it with women in the 20-35 range. I suspect that is part of their problem.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:01 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,748,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I'm a bit older now so the people I know socially tend to be a bit older too, I'm talking in the 40-55 range.

One thing the guys especially all seem to have in common is - they're looking for love.

They don't want one night stands. They want a partner.

The guys I know all have good jobs, plenty of money, some have even been married before, done the wife-and-kids thing (who they are STILL paying for) and yet they are still floating aimlessly and unhappily around the world looking for love.

The women I know are gun-shy. Precious few of them want to pair up and settle down...most are either out of a long-term relationship that put them off for good, or have other issues that make them wary or unavailable, like sick elderly parents or demanding careers or kids.

It's like when you get older, the roles are reversed. All youngish girls and women seem to want is a boyfriend, and the guys all just want to play around. Fast forward 30 years and it's literally the other way around.

What's it like where you live?
Since you are single, why dont you date one of these eligible bachelors?

Old 09-26-2012, 05:09 PM

499 posts, read 761,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Nope, even the 'beta' men I know.

In fact, the 'nerds' I know get the most action. Don't even get me started on the whiny hipsters...they seem to have a different woman each week!
There are plenty of women in their 20s who sow their wild oats also regardless of education level (don't get me started on the women from Georgetown I had who proudly shouted "don't worry I'm on birth control, let's go!).

There are some guys and girls who come across great potential partners and brush them off, and then complain about the lack of good quality later. Those who used their hoses and collection plates then end up with "shriveled up syndrome" and want to find Mr/Ms perfect then.

The beta women and beta men can smell it from miles away and want no part, and rightfully so.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:59 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,958,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Where I live, men in the 40-55 range who say they can't find love are usually looking for it with women in the 20-35 range. I suspect that is part of their problem.
That is exactly their problem and I see it all the time (I live a half hour south of Chicago). I am 41 and online I mostly seemed to attract the 55+ men and the men my age specified 25-30 or so. They claim it's because of kids, but it's their fault just as much as mine that I waited to find someone for that. Besides there is no guarantee I can't have kids and no guarantee the younger women or the men can either. I'll never understand why a man in his 60s or above wouldn't honestly think I'd date him.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:19 PM

102,602 posts, read 109,539,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
There are plenty of women in their 20s who sow their wild oats also regardless of education level (don't get me started on the women from Georgetown I had who proudly shouted "don't worry I'm on birth control, let's go!).

There are some guys and girls who come across great potential partners and brush them off, and then complain about the lack of good quality later. Those who used their hoses and collection plates then end up with "shriveled up syndrome" and want to find Mr/Ms perfect then.

The beta women and beta men can smell it from miles away and want no part, and rightfully so.
Aren't you the one for pithy observations! Your posts are getting more intriguing every day.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
That is exactly their problem and I see it all the time (I live a half hour south of Chicago). I am 41 and online I mostly seemed to attract the 55+ men and the men my age specified 25-30 or so. They claim it's because of kids, but it's their fault just as much as mine that I waited to find someone for that. Besides there is no guarantee I can't have kids and no guarantee the younger women or the men can either. I'll never understand why a man in his 60s or above wouldn't honestly think I'd date him.
This is why online dating tends to invite women to lie about their age. It's the only way for them to get with guys their own age.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:23 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,958,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is why online dating tends to invite women to lie about their age. It's the only way for them to get with guys their own age.
I was told when I first started online exactly for this reason to lie. I didnt believe at first that this happened until I saw guy after guy my age rejecting. If I do it again I am definitely lying by 10 years or so.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Since you are single, why dont you date one of these eligible bachelors?
If you'd read the thread, you'd know the answer to your question.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I was told when I first started online exactly for this reason to lie. I didnt believe at first that this happened until I saw guy after guy my age rejecting. If I do it again I am definitely lying by 10 years or so.
What's that site for ppl who are more marriage-minded? I don't think there's as much of a tendency for guys to want much younger women on that one. eHarmony. You might check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships