Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 12:58 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Generalize much? Not all men are as you describe. There are many things a man can provide to a financialy stable woman beyong sex and financial security. I am sorry you seem unaware of that.
The comment is in response to another comment. So unless you will take it in context I'm not responding to you.

Last edited by Jasper03; 07-26-2012 at 02:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 04:24 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,735,967 times
yea cuz look what age range they're in. probably have very little choice now. spent all the years prior doing the ONS and FWB they now don't want anymore.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:15 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,509,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I'm a bit older now so the people I know socially tend to be a bit older too, I'm talking in the 40-55 range.

One thing the guys especially all seem to have in common is - they're looking for love.

They don't want one night stands. They want a partner.

The guys I know all have good jobs, plenty of money, some have even been married before, done the wife-and-kids thing (who they are STILL paying for) and yet they are still floating aimlessly and unhappily around the world looking for love.

The women I know are gun-shy. Precious few of them want to pair up and settle down...most are either out of a long-term relationship that put them off for good, or have other issues that make them wary or unavailable, like sick elderly parents or demanding careers or kids.

It's like when you get older, the roles are reversed. All youngish girls and women seem to want is a boyfriend, and the guys all just want to play around. Fast forward 30 years and it's literally the other way around.

What's it like where you live?

So they are single fathers? That is a red flag. Plus it will hard to find single women without any kids if they want that.

The women are still shy in their 30s and 40s?

Which issues?

It can go with hormones. Women peak after 30 and Men go downhill after 18.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:29 PM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
So they are single fathers? That is a red flag. Plus it will hard to find single women without any kids if they want that.

The women are still shy in their 30s and 40s?
You misunderstood, InfoGuy. She said the women are "gun shy", meaning they've been in relationships or marriages that turned out badly, so now they're very wary of men.
But I suspect there are independent, single women in their age-range without kids, they just have to dedicate time to looking for them. I wonder if these guys want love badly enough to actually put effort into finding it, or do they expect to have everything handed to them on a silver platter? Do they even know how to go about finding love? Do they have a clue?

Old 07-26-2012, 08:16 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,108,737 times
Default The men I know all want partners and can't find them

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Sure...men are looking. They want you to have a smoking hot body, a successful career, no children and parents that left you a large inheritance. Being submissively devoted to them is also required.
Doesn't sound to me like you know a lot about men. The men I associate with could care less about a woman who will receive a large inheritance and a smoking hot body. They are interested in a woman who is not a gold digger, and a woman who has many of the same interests they have. Speaking for myself, the large inheritance would be a deal breaker, as would the smoking hot body. Give me a lady with brains any day, over the hot body.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:30 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,607,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
The comment is in response to another comment. So unless you will take it in context I'm not responding to you.
Normaly I would, but your conversation seems rather boring and life is short as it is. But hey, thanks for responding to let me know youre not responding =)

Old 07-26-2012, 09:35 PM

102,216 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Doesn't sound to me like you know a lot about men. The men I associate with could care less about a woman who will receive a large inheritance and a smoking hot body. They are interested in a woman who is not a gold digger, and a woman who has many of the same interests they have. Speaking for myself, the large inheritance would be a deal breaker, as would the smoking hot body. Give me a lady with brains any day, over the hot body.
How do we get more of these guys posting on C-D?

Old 07-26-2012, 09:47 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,509,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You misunderstood, InfoGuy. She said the women are "gun shy", meaning they've been in relationships or marriages that turned out badly, so now they're very wary of men.
But I suspect there are independent, single women in their age-range without kids, they just have to dedicate time to looking for them. I wonder if these guys want love badly enough to actually put effort into finding it, or do they expect to have everything handed to them on a silver platter? Do they even know how to go about finding love? Do they have a clue?
So they got burned in the past and think all guys are the ame. No wonder they are single.

They could hire someone to find them.

Lot of people live busy lives also so time could be hard to find.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:03 PM

5 posts, read 4,124 times
OK, I am just starting to think that the guys my age are going to remain the way they are until I'm not their age anymore - 26 now - and that guys up to about 42 are just older versions of the ditzzes I go out with now. But how do you really know what it would be like with a guy 53, say, if you don't go out with him?

That is, six guys 26 or 27 were all the same, why will the 8th or 14th one be different? The man I am thinking about is nearly twice my age - I can't tell - but he just doesn't seem like my father or any of his friends.

What is it like? Anyone? Anywhere? I never did it, but he's sooo nice. . . .he has to be a trick, a mirage, right?

Old 09-25-2012, 09:36 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwen366s.adms View Post
OK, I am just starting to think that the guys my age are going to remain the way they are until I'm not their age anymore - 26 now - and that guys up to about 42 are just older versions of the ditzzes I go out with now. But how do you really know what it would be like with a guy 53, say, if you don't go out with him?

That is, six guys 26 or 27 were all the same, why will the 8th or 14th one be different? The man I am thinking about is nearly twice my age - I can't tell - but he just doesn't seem like my father or any of his friends.

What is it like? Anyone? Anywhere? I never did it, but he's sooo nice. . . .he has to be a trick, a mirage, right?
I have no idea what it's like to date a 53 year old.

HOWEVER, I do know what it's like to be a guy your age these days. I'll be honest. There was a time when I was DYING for a serious relationship. I wanted it very badly and courted girls. What happened? I got burned BAD on multiple occasions. So now I take things very lightly and will not date a girl that acts like she wants something too serious.

That's just the way it is. I'm sure many of my male peers that are decent guys have been through similar situations. Maybe if you'd relax a bit about it, things would start to work for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships