Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 01:10 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,647,275 times

Advertisements

So, I mentioned in a few threads that this weekend I was going to try to be a 'mean girl' and just see what happened. So, I put on my big girl jeans (as well as a TON of makeup...yick) and went out on the town.

I got 6 phone numbers. SIX FREAKING PHONE NUMBERS. I actually got in an argument with some guy, poured a gin and tonic on him and he asked me out. He also bought me another gin and tonic.

I tripped someone and laughed at him, he gave me a hug and asked if I wanted to hang out sometime.

I told some guy his car sounded lame and that maybe he should be hitting on men instead of women (it hurt me to say this, to be honest ) and rolled my eyes. No smile, dead serious. He laughed and asked if I wanted to go for a drive sometime.

I TOLD 3 guys to buy me drinks. One said no, the others did with no hesitation. I didn't even say thank you, got my drink and walked away. One of them followed me around asking me out until I left.

A few other things happened, but those were the biggies.

Maybe I should just start acting mean to get dates. I had one of them write his number on a cocktail napkin, I looked at it, said I changed my mind and tore it up. He proceeded to try and give me his business card.

Wow. I'm just stunned. It took a lot out of me to act this way (I'm never mean unless provoked) so I don't plan on doing it again, but it still shocked me.

But hey, at least I can't say I've never been hit on anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 01:15 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,880,427 times
this will just give certain female posters (who will remain nameless) ammo to say that YES men only go for mean girls/bit$hes...

Old 07-08-2012, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
this will just give certain female posters (who will remain nameless) ammo to say that YES men only go for mean girls/bit$hes...
I understand, and I still don't think all men like the mean girls just as all women don't love bad boys, but this was absolutely incredible to me. I've never even received a phone number before with the intention of going on a date. Ever. In my life. And all of a sudden I get 6 in the span of maybe 4 hours.

I also have no doubt whatsoever that there were good guys there completely turned off by my bitchy behavior and its' a bummer I missed out on them, but an experiment is an experiment.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:24 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,461,630 times
i can get a lot of food cheap from the dumpsters they have out back, however paying for it ensures i get exactly what i want without the risk of dirtying myself or making myself sick on soured offerings

read into this what you will for how i feel about changing who you are to get noticed.

Last edited by rego00123; 07-08-2012 at 01:34 AM..

Old 07-08-2012, 01:30 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,900,531 times
Jet I have my moments of anger and not giving a crap. Yeah you do get more attention when you are boysterious. But usually the wrong kind.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:34 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,515,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I understand, and I still don't think all men like the mean girls just as all women don't love bad boys, but this was absolutely incredible to me. I've never even received a phone number before with the intention of going on a date. Ever. In my life. And all of a sudden I get 6 in the span of maybe 4 hours.

I also have no doubt whatsoever that there were good guys there completely turned off by my bitchy behavior and its' a bummer I missed out on them, but an experiment is an experiment.
Looking at your pic and reading your profile I find it very disturbing you don't get more numbers. There's a lot of stupid dudes out there apparently.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
i can get a lot of food cheap from the dumpsters they have out back, however paying for it ensures i get exactly what i want without the risk of dirtying myself or making myself sick on soured offerings

read into this what you will for how i feel about changing who you are to get noticed.
The guy I purposely spilled the Gin and Tonic on was a student getting a masters in Mechanical Engineering at the local University. I have a degree in AE so I quizzed him and it seemed legit. This guy was smart AND good looking.

The rest of the guys were solidly above average in looks and personality except for one who may have been an ex convict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Jet I have my moments of anger and not giving a crap. Yeah you do get more attention when you are boysterious. But usually the wrong kind.
See above...these weren't low class men, except for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Looking at your pic and reading your profile I find it very disturbing you don't get more numbers. There's a lot of stupid dudes out there apparently.
Apparently, I'm not 'mean' enough.

I don't plan on calling any of the guys, nor do I plan on doing this again. It was just an interesting experiment, that's all

Old 07-08-2012, 01:38 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,740,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post

I didn't need to read this thread to come to that conclusion. other women already know this to be a fact of life too.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:48 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,390,383 times
Interesting. I had a friend, she was a complete user, psychotic, and major bad news. I had been friends with her since grade school, and so, I knew her pretty well. She cheated on men, used them for cash, was completely mean to men...and...had men completely falling over themselves to date her...she would not even have sex with them...it was amazing to me.

Men want mean girls. Qualify that...men who have issues, want mean girls. Men who are well adjusted, and normal, seek other well adjusted, normal women. So...throw away those phone numbers, that is for sure...you don't want those guys, they are messed up.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:52 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,461,630 times
education/looks/position in life means nothing to a persons character or who they are once you get a little deeper in. its a nice start to what could be something great, but its never the the means to the end.
but as you probably know that's the "fun" of dating random people. you never know how much of a lunatic they really are until they are totally comfortable with you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships