Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 01:10 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,953,154 times

Advertisements

I wish I could take and post pics of some of the girls I see strutting around downtown LA. One of the hottest ones I can remember just so happened to be unmistakably black; her skin was the same color as a dark chocolate candy bar, and just as smooth. But like others have already said, the biggest thing that made her stand out as beautiful was the confident and classy way that she carried herself. It's one of those images that you want to save in your mind for as long as possible.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:11 PM

31,132 posts, read 22,168,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
How about Kenya Moore, I thinks she's pretty. Does she pass your ethnicty test?

Google Image Result for http://www.blackwebportal.com/medi_images/BWPnwKenyaMoore014.jpg
She could be Angelina Jole dipped in Chocolate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
OMG!!

Here's a picture of a full black blooded hottie with the nappy hair.

Thelma from Good Times. MMmmmmm. I loves me some Thelma.
Beautiful woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Is that what you want?

http://darkskinbeauty.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/sunna-gottshalk.jpg?w=468

I'm sure plenty of men will find her attractive. I do. They post their ideals and their ideals happen to be the better-looking ones, regardless of their race, for obvious reasons.
Right on sierra

Gorgeous woman

Old 04-20-2012, 01:24 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,125,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
If a person is going to let what someone has said or allow what the media perceives as attractive to affect their mental state and self esteem then that person cannot have any healthy relationship, whether it be professional, romantic or platonic but most importantly, a relationship with themselves. Trust me, I can stand to lose some weight. I got the jabs when I was a kid. I'm not obese but I do not fit the "skinny" profile. Has that stopped me or affected my mentality in establishing any relationships? Of course not. I refuse to let what "society", "media" or anyone else control my mind. If you take one scenario and apply it to 2 people who fall under this scenario then you have to look at the results of how each person is affected. Person "A" makes this issue revolve around their world 24/7 and uses the issue as a crutch and blames every single thing on that issue while person "B" has a good job, is in a healthy and loving romantic relationship, has a large circle of friends, doesn't even remotely think about the issue. It's not the scenario itself that is the problem but the type of person who falls within the scenario and how they choose to deal with it.
How can you not remotely think about the issue when its constantly brought up? Even if I wanted to forget about it, I couldn't. I had friends who talked about it, family members who discussed it. If you live in a black environment it is always discusssed. Coworkers, associates, it comes up some way or another about lighter and softer hair being better. I don't even watch television anymore because of it.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:36 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,696,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiu007 View Post
yes i know. its still pretty stupid in my opinion. why cant we just accept and love ourselves, the way we are?
society and history...? i would say if they wiped our memories and all evidence of the past, things could change, but then humanity would just find something else to target

Old 04-20-2012, 01:37 PM

52,357 posts, read 52,828,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
How can you not remotely think about the issue when its constantly brought up? Even if I wanted to forget about it, I couldn't. I had friends who talked about it, family members who discussed it. If you live in a black environment it is always discusssed. Coworkers, associates, it comes up some way or another about lighter and softer hair being better. I don't even watch television anymore because of it.
I thought a couple of black guys here chimed in and said it wasn't that big of a deal or discussed that much.

Listening to you, you'd think that there was some kind of civil war happening in the black community.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I thought a couple of black guys here chimed in and said it wasn't that big of a deal or discussed that much.

Listening to you, you'd think that there was some kind of civil war happening in the black community.

Both of them are men and very racially mixed. Of course its not a big deal for them. Im being very truthful when I say its constantly brought up in my environment.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:41 PM

13,667 posts, read 10,061,060 times
Quote:
If this is the case then should i bleach my skin?
But are they truly favoured, or is it something else?

Old 04-20-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
But are they truly favoured, or is it something else?
Yes. I've been in many situations where black men have expressed lighterskin women were more attractive. I even had a few friends who were lightskin and I saw firsthand how much more accepted they were. I no longer hang out with them because it affected my self esteem I couldn't bare to witness it any longer.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:46 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,639,901 times
Quote:
Yeah, she looks Black. However, the men seem to post the dark women who have obvious admixture, the narrow nose, straight hair, light eyes.
I know what you mean. When you ask men what black celebrities they find attractive, it seems that the first women that come to mind are Beyonce, Rihanna, Halle Berry, etc. but I think that's mainly because those women are overexposed in the media and darker women just don't get as much attention. It doesn't mean that darker women are any less attractive though.

I personally think the woman in the video below is gorgeous, and I'm sure she has no problem getting dates!

Old 04-20-2012, 01:52 PM

13,667 posts, read 10,061,060 times
Quote:
Yes. I've been in many situations where black men have expressed lighterskin women were more attractive. I even had a few friends who were lightskin and I saw firsthand how much more accepted they were. I no longer hang out with them because it affected my self esteem I couldn't bare to witness it any longer.
They could just be seen as "easy"!

Don't beat yourself up over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.