Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 12:40 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,349,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
And implying that I am ugly is going to make things better huh?
Of course it won't nyanna...just like bleaching your skin won't....YOU are your own worst critic.... not your skin color.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:43 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,750,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
OMG!!

Here's a picture of a full black blooded hottie with the nappy hair.

Thelma from Good Times. MMmmmmm. I loves me some Thelma.
Oh God, Thelma. Mmmmmmmmmm!

Old 04-20-2012, 12:50 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,748,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Oh God, Thelma. Mmmmmmmmmm!
Umm. Thelma's mixed in with a little vanilla latte. Bernardette Stanis is still a very good looking woman after all these years.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:51 PM

12,973 posts, read 34,047,966 times
Quote:
Yeah, she looks Black. However, the men seem to post the dark women who have obvious admixture, the narrow nose, straight hair, light eyes.
Those are things that are universally considered to be attractive. You want someone with wide nose, nappy hair and dark eyes?

Here you go:

Oddly enough, Shirley was my favorite on the show. Why? Because of her personality. She was funny, to the point, and didnt take any crap from anyone. Just like my wife.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:53 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,133,288 times
Quote:
Those are things that are universally considered to be attractive. You want someone with wide nose, nappy hair and dark eyes?

Here you go:

Oddly enough, Shirley was my favorite on the show. Why? Because of her personality. She was funny, to the point, and didnt take any crap from anyone. Just like my wife.
So my features are nothing but mammy features? thank you that made me feel so much better

Old 04-20-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Of course it won't nyanna...just like bleaching your skin won't....YOU are your own worst critic.... not your skin color.
No, I'm not my own worst critic. Apparently women with darkskin, wide nose, and kinky hair are nothing but mammies to them. This isn't the first time male posters have posted photos of Aunt jemina looking women. I guess I will have to accept my lot in life. I have features that are universally deemed not that attractive and live a life alone. Or just be a maid

Old 04-20-2012, 12:58 PM

12,973 posts, read 34,047,966 times
Quote:
So my features are nothing but mammy features? thank you that made me feel so much better
Were you upset when the Aunt Jemima pancake mix company changed the way Aunt Jemima looked from this:

To this lighter skinned, straightend hair, thinner, less "mammy" type look:

Mods, please do not remove, this is NOT racists as it refers to the core of what this thread is about.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,354,003 times
Quote:
Were you upset when the Aunt Jemima pancake mix company changed the way Aunt Jemima looked from this:
They did? I haven't noticed. This is plain stupid! The original one was so cute and appropriate.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:

To this lighter skinned, straightend hair, thinner, less "mammy" type look:

Mods, please do not remove, this is NOT racists as it refers to the core of what this thread is about.
I get what you're saying Non european looking women like me are just mammies to you.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:08 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,288,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Definately, self esteem, but she has good points on the sources that have contributed to it. Some times you can be told your unattractive by someone when you are younger, even once or twice and it can have a life long affect on some people.

I can see that stand point. In a case where someone is told by family and people around they that they have features that are unattractive, and it's reinforced by TV and make up ads showing people that look attractive that look nothing like you (Someone earlier post a video documentary interviwing people who were commenting on it). You can have one person who is devastated by this barrage of negativity and someone who lives right next door not affected by it one bit. Like they say "Walk a mile in another mans shoes" or woman in this case.
If a person is going to let what someone has said or allow what the media perceives as attractive to affect their mental state and self esteem then that person cannot have any healthy relationship, whether it be professional, romantic or platonic but most importantly, a relationship with themselves. Trust me, I can stand to lose some weight. I got the jabs when I was a kid. I'm not obese but I do not fit the "skinny" profile. Has that stopped me or affected my mentality in establishing any relationships? Of course not. I refuse to let what "society", "media" or anyone else control my mind. If you take one scenario and apply it to 2 people who fall under this scenario then you have to look at the results of how each person is affected. Person "A" makes this issue revolve around their world 24/7 and uses the issue as a crutch and blames every single thing on that issue while person "B" has a good job, is in a healthy and loving romantic relationship, has a large circle of friends, doesn't even remotely think about the issue. It's not the scenario itself that is the problem but the type of person who falls within the scenario and how they choose to deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships