Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 03:45 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,707,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My sister is the biggest C blocker (although, we use another vulgar word that starts with 'C' ) I've ever met.... and it's mostly towards me. And it's not only when we're out, she doesn't want to see me with ANYONE and will come up with ridiculous excuses as to why I shouldn't proceed with getting to know a guy. She'll say 'he's too short, he has a bad job, his car is old etc.' which are all ridiculous excuses in my book.

Another good friend of mine doesn't really realize she's doing it, but she's gorgeous and wants ALL the attention so she'll ramp up the flirting big time until all eyes are on her. I've lost
Sorry to interrupt you but...could you tell us more about this beautiful friend? Do you have a picture or facebook link? maybe..you could...

I KID I KID!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 03:47 PM

258 posts, read 161,151 times
Have to admit i've never heard of this.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:54 PM

18,257 posts, read 14,507,037 times
Usually a woman won't care unless she wants him or is jealous that you are getting someone's attention while they are not. Yes, they will do the equivalent of co*k-blocking and is just as prevalent as in males doing it. But women will also do something else. Instead of just talking bad to her friend about him, they will often talk bad about her, to him. Come to think of it, men do it , too.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:07 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,071,008 times
Vag-slide and run.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:08 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,776,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Dropping them is fine, and your reasons are valid. But I think OP meant "sabotaging" & " interfering" like talking bad about that guy, trying to convince that you can do better than that etc.
OIC, Okay. But what if the girl really does think her friend could do better?

Old 03-29-2012, 04:13 PM

28,226 posts, read 37,048,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
OK. Well I was just saying that I personally don't care. The reason I dropped all my friends (mostly female) was b/c I had nothing in common with their everyday lives and got tired of hearing about it, not b/c of jealously.... but I'm sure some of them told themselves that.
LOL!

I had to drop a current "frenemy" because she was too self-centered. I call her a frenemy because she lives a mile from me and I run into her all the time and she says "oh we should hang out...."

She was probably one of those blockers. She had this thing about telling us every guy in the room was staring at her. She would see a guy and say "look he's staring at me, and that one ever there....." We said, "because you are staring at him!!!!"

She seemed to think that every guy wanted her, and then if she found out you were interested in someone, she would start stepping up her flirting game on them as "proof" everyone was interested in her.

Obviously, she isn't the kind of friend I need. Everyone in my circle dropped her, but she is still trying to hang out with us. (We dropped her in college. She moved away then came back to the area 10 years later and tries to get back in the circle. None of us talked to her in those 10 years.)

Old 03-29-2012, 04:20 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,189,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
A "c" block can be executed by a guy or a girl blocking a guy from getting with a girl.
If a pair of girls are out and one guy starts picking up one, the other will usually "c***" block. This is why the wingman system is often used. Unfortunately, most of the time, both girls are not in the same league and the wingman is asked to "jump on the grenade", "slay the dragon", or take one for the team. And of course, some girls will "c***" block a girl because she is jealous or feels left out.

Dudes will sometimes block their buddy or another guy for a variety of reasons. Maybe he wants to score with her. Maybe he just wants to be a prick. Some think it's funny. Typing all this out has made me realize that a high percentage of my gender is retarded, lol.
We should put this in websters dictionary.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:26 PM

258 posts, read 161,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
A "c" block can be executed by a guy or a girl blocking a guy from getting with a girl.
If a pair of girls are out and one guy starts picking up one, the other will usually "c***" block. This is why the wingman system is often used. Unfortunately, most of the time, both girls are not in the same league and the wingman is asked to "jump on the grenade", "slay the dragon", or take one for the team. And of course, some girls will "c***" block a girl because she is jealous or feels left out.

Dudes will sometimes block their buddy or another guy for a variety of reasons. Maybe he wants to score with her. Maybe he just wants to be a prick. Some think it's funny. Typing all this out has made me realize that a high percentage of my gender is retarded, lol.
I never knew there was a name for it, as they say, you learn something new every day.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:28 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,776,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
LOL!

I had to drop a current "frenemy" because she was too self-centered. I call her a frenemy because she lives a mile from me and I run into her all the time and she says "oh we should hang out...."

She was probably one of those blockers. She had this thing about telling us every guy in the room was staring at her. She would see a guy and say "look he's staring at me, and that one ever there....." We said, "because you are staring at him!!!!"

She seemed to think that every guy wanted her, and then if she found out you were interested in someone, she would start stepping up her flirting game on them as "proof" everyone was interested in her.

Obviously, she isn't the kind of friend I need. Everyone in my circle dropped her, but she is still trying to hang out with us. (We dropped her in college. She moved away then came back to the area 10 years later and tries to get back in the circle. None of us talked to her in those 10 years.)
I never understood the concept of 'frenemy' IMO, either a woman was my friend or she wasn't....that woman sounds like drama and annoying too. Why would she purposely start flirting with a man she knew her friend were interested in? I probably would've cut someone like that loose too.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:35 PM

3,383 posts, read 6,652,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Yes. They are called stupid hos.
I call them jealous bit*hes! But that one works too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
In Australia, we call it lunch-cutting.

Urban Dictionary: lunchcutter

I had a friend who was a lunchcutter. There could be 200 men in a club, and she would be rubbing herself up against mine.
Now that phrase is stolen! It's too cute not to use if possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships