Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 02:17 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,206,988 times

Advertisements

It thought it was women who did the c-blocking, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 02:21 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,694,876 times
A "c" block can be executed by a guy or a girl blocking a guy from getting with a girl.
If a pair of girls are out and one guy starts picking up one, the other will usually "c***" block. This is why the wingman system is often used. Unfortunately, most of the time, both girls are not in the same league and the wingman is asked to "jump on the grenade", "slay the dragon", or take one for the team. And of course, some girls will "c***" block a girl because she is jealous or feels left out.

Dudes will sometimes block their buddy or another guy for a variety of reasons. Maybe he wants to score with her. Maybe he just wants to be a prick. Some think it's funny. Typing all this out has made me realize that a high percentage of my gender is retarded, lol.

4,001 posts, read 6,281,953 times
In Australia, we call it lunch-cutting.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=lunchcutter

I had a friend who was a lunchcutter. There could be 200 men in a club, and she would be rubbing herself up against mine.

1,067 posts, read 1,753,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
Guys, we've all seen "friends" that didn't want to us to score and "c" blocked lol, interfered with our game. Is there a similar issue, do female friends try to sabatoge when you meet a new dude? Is there similar slang terms among women in USA? thanks
Yes, they do. It's happen to me before. It's called "my box is better than yours".

Old 03-29-2012, 03:02 PM

61,919 posts, read 87,491,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
OK. Well I was just saying that I personally don't care. The reason I dropped all my friends (mostly female) was b/c I had nothing in common with their everyday lives and got tired of hearing about it, not b/c of jealously.... but I'm sure some of them told themselves that.
Dropping them is fine, and your reasons are valid. But I think OP meant "sabotaging" & " interfering" like talking bad about that guy, trying to convince that you can do better than that etc.

Quote:
Guys, we've all seen "friends" that didn't want to us to score and "c" blocked lol, interfered with our game. Is there a similar issue, do female friends try to sabatoge when you meet a new dude? Is there similar slang terms among women in USA? thanks

Old 03-29-2012, 03:06 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,974,901 times
With women it's more of they may not want you but they don't want anyone else to have you. Well I guess it's the same but with women it's more about the relationship but for guys it's more about sex.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:12 PM

22,405 posts, read 29,522,524 times
I call them dumb bytch or I use the same C blocking term

Old 03-29-2012, 03:16 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,737,659 times
Quote:
Oh, absolutely there is. I don't know if theyre' is any equivalent except player-hating. I just call it the same as when guys do it.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:26 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,195,267 times
Quote:
It's funny, I didn't know there was a term for it; I have experienced it, though. It's typical catty b*tch games, in my book.
And I think the women who stoop to the level of sabotaging someone's efforts with a guy make themselves look cheap & desperate.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:35 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,664,232 times
My sister is the biggest C blocker (although, we use another vulgar word that starts with 'C' ) I've ever met.... and it's mostly towards me. And it's not only when we're out, she doesn't want to see me with ANYONE and will come up with ridiculous excuses as to why I shouldn't proceed with getting to know a guy. She'll say 'he's too short, he has a bad job, his car is old etc.' which are all ridiculous excuses in my book.

First, she'll try and butt into our conversation, and if that doesn't work she'll demand we leave. She knows I won't leave my baby sister alone in a bar so I usually go along with her to make sure she doesn't do something stupid.

Another good friend of mine doesn't really realize she's doing it, but she's gorgeous and wants ALL the attention so she'll ramp up the flirting big time until all eyes are on her. I've lost many, MANY guys because of that. It's amazing how many men will go from enjoying a conversation to become awestruck by a pretty face and then completely ignore the person they were talking to.

My best friend, however, is my favorite person to go out with. She's a lady welder and has an attitude, but isn't mean...she has the perfect balance of flirty and attitude and she couldn't care less if I spend the night talking to a guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships