Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2013, 09:33 PM

52,357 posts, read 52,828,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Yes I would. Who's the bigger prick? The man who knocked up her cheating mother? The mother for cheating? Or the man who was tricked into taking care of a child HE THOUGHT WAS HIS? Who's the bigger prick? Shaming tactics don't work with me. Facts>Emotions. She's the cheater. Not her 'man'. Hopefully that little girl will grow up and not make the same mistake her mother did because she knows how much it hurts.

Does this mean you will shut up now?
Sir... I'm am the most logical non-emotional person you'd ever want to meet in real life.... trust me... it's actually a personality flaw of mine to a degree..

And to answer your question you're gonna look a little girl in the face and kick her aside because up til then you thought she was your "bio" kid, then you fine out she isn't and you're gonna send her packing...

LOL, and I'm the piece of work in this thread.. LOL... we're living in some kind of ****ed up universe.....

Old 08-02-2013, 09:39 PM

491 posts, read 570,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sir... I'm am the most logical non-emotional person you'd ever want to meet in real life.... trust me... it's actually a personality flaw of mine to a degree..

And to answer your question you're gonna look a little girl in the face and kick her aside because up til then you thought she was your "bio" kid, then you fine out she isn't and you're gonna send her packing...

LOL, and I'm the piece of work in this thread.. LOL... we're living in some kind of ****ed up universe.....
Yes. Send her back to her mother and bio father or just the mother. You are emotional because if you weren't you'd understand the man was duped and the child will still be cared for yet all you seem to care about is the man going along with the lie likes it's fine. You condone cuckolding men because it's 'for the child'. Kids get told things they don't want to hear quite often so what's this one any different? Her mother was a *****. If she wants the other guy so bad go live with him. Divorce her current man and marry the other one. This is her wanting kids with one man and having another one care for it and nothing else. It's ALL her fault.

You also lied. You didn't shut up

Old 08-02-2013, 10:17 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,084,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
As for mandatory testing - I've said this before and I'll say it again -
1. Who is going to pay for it? I highly doubt insurance companies are going to be willing to foot the bill.
2. The hospital's purpose is to care for the health of it's patients - not the relationship well being of it's patients. Hospitals do not want to get involved in personal matters - those are our responsibility.
3. There are many single mothers or father's who aren't present for the birth of the children - would they be exempt? If they are - then people could just leave the father off the birth certificate in the first place. What are you going to do - chase down every possible match and force him to give a DNA swab? What if it was a one night stand and she doesn't know who the father is? What if it was a sperm donor?
4. Many men won't WANT to give a sample of their DNA and will see it as a violation of their rights.
1. It will be part of the payment for the birth certificate, which will include the birth father and mother
2. I don't see your point. For the hospital it will be strictly a medical procedure. How the couple use the information is up to them.
3. Yes, they can leave the father off the certificate. Then the birth certificate will say unknown father. If she wants to chase down the father it is her choice.
4. I higly doubt many men will say no. They would love to have their name on the birth certificare. But if they don't want to, no one except the mother can force him to put his name on the birth certificate.

Many families get torn apart due to this issue. Either because the father demands a test when she is innocent, or because she cheated and then lied and said it was his child. This often comes up in divorces and it really hurts the kids. If testing was mandatory at birth, this would no longer be an issue when people are getting divorced. I also don't think people should get away with despicable behabiour.

So I think testing shoudl be mandatory. Not because I particularly need it, but because I think it would be better for the society.

Last edited by Camlon; 08-02-2013 at 10:26 PM..

Old 08-02-2013, 10:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,206,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
1. It will be part of the payment for the birth certificate, which will include the birth father and mother
2. I don't see your point. For the hospital it will be strictly a medical procedure. How the couple use the information is up to them.
3. Yes, they can leave the father off the certificate. Then the birth certificate will say unknown father. If she wants to chase down the father it is her choice.
4. I higly doubt that. But if they don't want to, no one except the mother can force him to put his name on the birth certificate.

I really don't see the problem.
So then it wouldn't be mandatory. If you can leave the father off the birth certificate and you have to pay extra to add him on - then it wouldn't be mandatory. And how would a mother force someone to put his name on the birth certificate?

For the hospital, it will be a medical procedure - but not a NECESSARY medical procedure.

And like I've said many times - I have no issues if this becomes mandatory. As a mother, I had to have mandatory blood tests for STD's and such - because that is pertinent medical information when having a baby. The hospital needs to know if someone has HIV or something of the sort because extra precautions have to be made. I would have no problem submitting to a mandatory paternity test.

However - I think the rebuttals you made would not stand up in a court of law. I just do not see it as a possibility.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
4. I higly doubt that. But if they don't want to, no one except the mother can force him to put his name on the birth certificate.

I really don't see the problem.
And even then the mother can't force him to do anything if he doesn't want to. You are correct

Old 08-02-2013, 10:40 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,084,048 times
Quote:
So then it wouldn't be mandatory. If you can leave the father off the birth certificate and you have to pay extra to add him on - then it wouldn't be mandatory. And how would a mother force someone to put his name on the birth certificate?
There is no need to make it totally mandatory. If there is no father to test, then there won't be any need for paternity test.

How would she force him to take the test? You can just make him pay her child support till he takes the test. That will make him moving.

Quote:
However - I think the rebuttals you made would not stand up in a court of law. I
just do not see it as a possibility.
Which law do you think it would breach?

Old 08-02-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
There is no need to make it totally mandetory. If there is no father to test, then there won't be any need for paternity test.

How would she force him to take the test and then sign. You can just make him pay her child support till he takes the test. That will make him moving.

Which law do you think it would breach?
I didn't phrase that correctly. I don't think that it would ever pass as a bill or law or what have you.

I still don't think you could force someone to give a DNA sample for a paternity test. The reason for refusing might not be because of paternity but because they don't want to give their DNA. And if you can leave off the father altogether - then it's not mandatory.

My point is that I think it's impossible to pass a law forcing mandatory paternity tests - and that's what people are arguing for on this thread.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
I didn't phrase that correctly. I don't think that it would ever pass as a bill or law or what have you.

I still don't think you could force someone to give a DNA sample for a paternity test. The reason for refusing might not be because of paternity but because they don't want to give their DNA. And if you can leave off the father altogether - then it's not mandatory.

My point is that I think it's impossible to pass a law forcing mandatory paternity tests - and that's what people are arguing for on this thread.
It is possible. Just like women getting the right to vote and blacks being freed from slavery, it's possible. Improbable, but not impossible. This law will have a hard time being passed because the government wants the female vote and judging by the responses here I can see why they would. Welfare is approved which everyone has a pay, yet mandatory paternity testing is hated because "people have to pay" even though it's only the couple that has to pay.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
It is possible. Just like women getting the right to vote and blacks being freed from slavery, it's possible. Improbable, but not impossible. This law will have a hard time being passed because the government wants the female vote and judging by the responses here I can see why they would. Welfare is approved which everyone has a pay, yet mandatory paternity testing is hated because "people have to pay" even though it's only the couple that has to pay.
Please respond to the actual points that I made. Then we can talk. You just keep saying the same things over and over again without addressing any actual logistics in how to put things into play. And like I said before - if you are so passionate about this and it means that much to you - your time would be better spent writing to your senator or what have you than arguing about it with strangers on the internet.

And I agree 100% with Chowhound. I think it's absolutely deplorable for a woman to pass off a child as her husband's if it isn't - but no good can come of the husband getting a paternity test when the child is 10 years old.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Please respond to the actual points that I made. Then we can talk. You just keep saying the same things over and over again without addressing any actual logistics in how to put things into play. And like I said before - if you are so passionate about this and it means that much to you - your time would be better spent writing to your senator or what have you than arguing about it with strangers on the internet.

And I agree 100% with Chowhound. I think it's absolutely deplorable for a woman to pass off a child as her husband's if it isn't - but no good can come of the husband getting a paternity test when the child is 10 years old.
You're right in that I should fight against it. What point have I not addressed? Name it and I will quote myself and prove to you that I answered it in this thread ( unless of course someone removes my comments somehow ). Good can come from it: prove that the mother is a *****, teach the child that lying about paternity is wrong, and peace of mind. The child will be hurt. It sucks, but it happens. Some guy is out there knocking up women and nobody seems to care as long as the child is cared for. The man is hurt and was he not a child as one point? Does becoming a man mean he has no feelings? You don't care about the man being hurt, so why should I care about the child being hurt? My answer is that they are both going to be hurt. The older a child gets, the more it begins to resemble it's parents and people notice this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.