Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2012, 04:34 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Changing fashions. I think that's the reason, in part, that women covered their lower half completely in earlier years.
No, long skirts had nothing to do with shaving.
They did have, however, everything to do with social mores, religion, and climate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 04:43 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
That's funny, because even as a guy that happens to me. I always know when my hair gets too long, because when my hair grows out, I am treated a LOT worse than when I have a haircut. When I have a haircut, I get better service from waitresses, girls smile at me in the supermarket, random conversations etc....

When my hair gets too long, girls don't smile, waitresses aren't QUITE as nice and I don't usually have girls approach me and give me too much attention.
I prefer men with shaggy hair

Old 01-14-2012, 04:47 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
That's funny, because even as a guy that happens to me. I always know when my hair gets too long, because when my hair grows out, I am treated a LOT worse than when I have a haircut. When I have a haircut, I get better service from waitresses, girls smile at me in the supermarket, random conversations etc....

When my hair gets too long, girls don't smile, waitresses aren't QUITE as nice and I don't usually have girls approach me and give me too much attention.
I have hair way down my back, I also have a goatee.

I dont notice any difference in service than when I had short hair from waitresses and the like.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:51 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I dont notice any difference in service than when I had short hair from waitresses and the like.

Yeah, I'm not saying anything against long hair. I'm saying when my hair is overgrown it simply looks bad and overgrown on me. My haircut is a haircut meant for short hair, and when it gets long it looks bad.

I had long hair back in the day and women liked it, but it was meant to be long.

I was simply making a reference that guys can be treated like that too when they don't keep themselves up. Everyone tends to be treated better when you look better, and I'm sure that if you were to go out looking raggy you'd be treated differently too.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:53 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

That's because you are a big man and noone will mess with you.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:54 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Nonsense.

Makeup (properly applied) makes everyone look better. It doesn't matter, old, young, pretty, unattractive.

It's not that makeup makes you look more beautiful (which of course it does), it also gives you a finished, professional, and polished look.

Men that typically say women look better without makeup typically know nothing about makeup. I asked a guy who told me women look better without makeup if I was wearing makeup when I met him, and if so, how much and what was the nature of the kind of makeup was I wearing.

He couldn't even tell me if I was wearing makeup.

I am going to post a face picture of myself and I want people to guess how many times of makeup am I wearing. Then I will let you know exactly what I'm wearing. Men only!
That's what I'm talking about.

The only thing I can see is what looks like lip gloss, which really isn't necessarily the same thing as lip-stick and I don't have a problem with lip gloss.

Nice cheekbones; I have an innate weakness for oval eyes, especially dark eyes.

Better than Beyonce.

Not making it up....

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Wrong, wrong, wrong.......women started shaving in the 20s when shorter and sleeveless dresses became the rage.
It helps to know fashion history before one goes off half-cocked.
In urban America, not rural America where 75% of Americans lived.

French, German and Italian women wore the same dresses during the same time period, but didn't shave. I would also point out that in spite of that, European women did not start shaving until just recently. This is the same nonsense as your magazine and TV ads that pictured nothing but blonde-haired blue-eyed women in the 1950s. You can't really justify it without also demonstrating that you've been brainwashed to believe what you do.

Not impressed...

Mircea

Old 01-14-2012, 05:05 PM

156 posts, read 694,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
For all the men who supposeldy dislike women who wear make up, you have no conception of what "beautiful" famous women look like without make up. You will quickly change your mind. Beyonce w/o makeup:
I don't find her attractive with makeup on but she looks fine without makeup/hours getting ready to get out.

Those hours are worth more to me, I guess.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:26 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,923,525 times
I wish I knew how to post pictures in here-but I don't so you will have to google her. I was thinking of this thread last night while watching Jay Leno. He had actress Tilda Swinton on and she ALWAYS looks so washed out and pasty white to me that I was making her up in my head (as in applying makeup to her.....) You makeup haters cannot tell me that she wouldn't look better with makeup on- well you could but I'll not believe you.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:29 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,298,281 times
I wear make up in photographs. I am an indoors person so I have the milky white casper look. However I also have Native American in me which gives a yellow tinge to my skin so if I don't wear make up for a photograph I will look really bad. I look fine in person but photography is totally different.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:49 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times
Trust me, it's in everbody's best interest that I wear makeup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships