Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 06:56 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,280,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoowhoo View Post
these are just some examples to show that how make up is important for women and without makeup 95% of us looks terrible
All of these pictures do not prove anything. People are different; these particular people look terrible without it (although I think that Rhianna looks fine). I don't think makeup is unnecessary for all people; that would be a generalization (sort of like the statement that 95 percent of women look terrible without it). I know that makeup is unnecessary for me.

It's not shocking that celebrities don't look like they do in photos and movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 07:05 AM

499 posts, read 892,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
All of these pictures do not prove anything. People are different; these particular people look terrible without it (although I think that Rhianna looks fine). I don't think makeup is unnecessary for all people; that would be a generalization (sort of like the statement that 95 percent of women look terrible without it). I know that makeup is unnecessary for me.

It's not shocking that celebrities don't look like they do in photos and movies.
So you're in 5%. "terrible" is of course overstatement but i still think that 95% of us don't look that beautiful without make up.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:39 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,608 times
Women look better WITH make up! I feel naked without make up. I do not think natural is always best - nature is a cruel *****. If a man told me to stop wearing make up....I would ignore him, I am not telling him to grow his beard down to his toes (which would be natural). TOO much make up is as bad as none. Moderation is the key. Thank God for Makeup!

Old 05-18-2012, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,528 times
Default Rediculous

You obviously don't understand that everyone has different tastes. I honestly think all women look better without makeup. I'm not asking them to stop putting it on, I'm just letting them know that in my opinion the more you put on the uglier you get.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:45 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,166,014 times
when men say they like women better without make up they usually mean that they like women better without noticeable, unnatural-looking make up. i can tell when a woman is wearing a little bit of mascara and eyeliner, but your typical male cannot.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:49 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,384,553 times
Most women benefit from make-up. Wear the make-up.

During a summer between grad school, I helped this girl drive her car to her Dad's townhouse in SW Connecticut and spent a few days there. I finally got to see her without make-up. During the school year, a friend of mine saw her one morning without make-up and make a comment similar to my observations.

She was therefrom nicknamed "Connecticut Mornings."

Old 05-18-2012, 10:54 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
Little bit of makeup normaly enhances natural beauty. Alot of makeup is disgusting imo. as is fake boobs and other surgical "enhancments". Idealy, i prefer a woman without nay makup at all

Old 05-18-2012, 11:31 AM

224 posts, read 828,571 times
Hate makeup myself because it irritates the skin. But if I don't wear it I notice I am treated differently by both men and women. I have thought makeup was what makes the difference in who gets asked out and married. Also at work other women do not treat women without makeup with respect as studies have been done on this. IF you guys don't like it then why are the heavily made up girls always the ones guys practically run over each other for? Its funny I watch guys stampede like a herd of wild buffalo as certain makeup queens with fake boobs come in the gym door.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:37 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wembley View Post
Hate makeup myself because it irritates the skin. But if I don't wear it I notice I am treated differently by both men and women. I have thought makeup was what makes the difference in who gets asked out and married. Also at work other women do not treat women without makeup with respect as studies have been done on this. IF you guys don't like it then why are the heavily made up girls always the ones guys practically run over each other for? Its funny I watch guys stampede like a herd of wild buffalo as certain makeup queens with fake boobs come in the gym door.

exactly!! rep. you do get treated different for not wearing it. i don't wear it most of my life and notice this but yet the male still will claim they like 'fresh face, no make up!' yea right. also they do act all crazy over the heavily done up girls. seen it myself.

it's a shame you will wear something that irritate your skin just so guys don't treat you differently. frankly i don't see how they're even worth all of that.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:39 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
exactly!! rep. you do get treated different for not wearing it. i don't wear it most of my life and notice this but yet the male still will claim they like 'fresh face, no make up!' yea right. also they do act all crazy over the heavily done up girls. seen it myself.

it's a shame you will wear something that irritate your skin just so guys don't treat you differently. frankly i don't see how they're even worth all of that.
I get hit on most by guys out running errands after playing tennis, riding my horse, or going to the gym. AKA sweaty, gross, and no makeup on. SO I cant say I agree with the above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships