Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 07:24 PM

884 posts, read 1,405,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoiscouple View Post
I'm just wondering if any guys out there have a wife who is physically stronger than you are? In our relationship, I'm still the man of the house etc and we lead everyday, normal lives. I just happen to be skinny and she's pretty strong and fit.
You can use this to your advantage.

"But honey, can you do it? You're so strong and you make it look so easy."

Then sit on the couch and watch a game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 07:55 PM

61,650 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Huh??? Never heard about a wives beating up their husbands??
You need to read this:
Why Battered Men Stay in Abusive Relationships | Reasons Men Stay | Emotional Battering | Men
MenWeb-Domestic violence. 835,000 battered men each year, silent too Long...
Husbands are battered as much as wives in the U.S. they are just to ashamed to admit that.
Half of spousal murders are committed by wives, a statistic that has been stable over time. Women kill almost as often as men do in the context of family murders.
There is a mile long resource list for abused men:
http://www.safe4all.org/resource-list/index?category=1

Old 01-06-2012, 08:12 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,296,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Huh??? Never heard about a wives beating up their husbands??
You need to read this:
Why Battered Men Stay in Abusive Relationships | Reasons Men Stay | Emotional Battering | Men
MenWeb-Domestic violence. 835,000 battered men each year, silent too Long...
Husbands are battered as much as wives in the U.S. they are just to ashamed to admit that.
Half of spousal murders are committed by wives, a statistic that has been stable over time. Women kill almost as often as men do in the context of family murders.
There is a mile long resource list for abused men:
Resource List Abused men

If that is in response to my response I have never beat my Husband. I have however beaten the daylights out of some school yard bulllies when I was younger. Nothing wrong with defending yourself and giving the person incentive to never be stupid enough to attack you again right?

I would also like to note that I appreciate your post because alot of men feel ashamed if a woman overpowers them and do not know how to seek help. My mother beats the daylights out of my step father and he would never strike her back because of his beliefs. It kepts escalating to where she tried to stab him with knives on seperate occasions. Unfortunatly my step father is STILL in this relationship because he honestly loves my mother.

If any man out there can see this post please know that you do not deserve to be abused and that violence of this kind usually escalates until one of you is dead unless you get out of the relationship and get away from that person! There is no shame in admitting that your SO is a completely crazy ***** and to make sure that she will not only never hurt you again but also others.

Once embolded like any attacker who knows that their victim will not fight back they become far more likely to hurt you worse, to hurt themselves, to hurt children, to hurt others and to hurt animals.

God bless anyone in this kind of 'relationship'!

Remember that you deserve the three things that all humans need to be happy which are love, attention and respect.

Take care of yourselves out there.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:25 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,853,040 times
My gf has done ballet her whole life. I'm generally stronger than her, but she's all leg, and could probably kick through a brick wall So, I'll lift the groceries... and her... and the furniture... but, if we ever need to kick a door in...

Old 01-06-2012, 08:30 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,990,050 times
If I get married and my wife is stronger than I am, something bad happened.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:37 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,662,975 times
There are plenty of women stronger then men, anyone thinks otherwise, doesn't know what they are talking about.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:22 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,387,108 times
I know what I am talking about. Show me any woman (who is not married to an invalid), who can beat her husband at:

Arm wrestling
Pull Ups
Push Ups

Again, I exclude cardio activity.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:30 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,296,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I know what I am talking about. Show me any woman (who is not married to an invalid), who can beat her husband at:

Arm wrestling
Pull Ups
Push Ups

Again, I exclude cardio activity.
So only Arm Wrestling, Pull Ups and Push Ups can be used to gauge the physical strength difference between a man and a woman?

What about something like the martial arts where much less powerful people can beat the physically stronger?

Old 01-06-2012, 10:39 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,306,289 times
I dont know what to say about this thread, America must be turning into the next Japan.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:36 PM

43 posts, read 113,993 times
you just happen to be a metro sexual *****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships