Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 07:55 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,378,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ask for her number and/or e-mail pretending you may need to contact her about something school-related and take it from there.
Bingo. Was just going to say the same. That was my MO in college. I pretended i didnt understand assigned projects and would get the contact info of one of the chicks in class to "help me." Worked every single time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 08:00 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,378,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
And they wonder why we don't approach them.
ummm speak for yourself buddy There is usually a problem only when the "friend" is much less attractive than the party of interest. I noticed that the unattractive friend becomes sort of a body guard that blocks all access to her friend. This is the moment when you call for back (a friend) to distract or keep the friend occupied..Gosh we were horrible...

side comment. Why wont the system let me rep sierraAZ? WTH?

Old 11-09-2011, 08:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,423,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
'Cause the system doesn't like her. Too rebellious!

Old 11-09-2011, 08:10 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,628,706 times
Quote:
ummm speak for yourself buddy There is usually a problem only when the "friend" is much less attractive than the party of interest. I noticed that the unattractive friend becomes sort of a body guard that blocks all access to her friend. This is the moment when you call for back (a friend) to distract or keep the friend occupied..Gosh we were horrible...

They tend to think they are safer in a group. So therefore guy don't approach them. Plus it's easy to blow a guy off with thier friends around you.

More then likey you have to rep others some before you rep him up anymore. If the girl your aiming for & even if she thinks your cute too your still not getting past her judgemental friends.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:18 PM

977 posts, read 1,821,295 times
This is easy. Just say "Can I talk to you in private for a minute" and then bam, you ask her out or for her number.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:34 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,742,239 times
Quote:

Her friend is about as attractive as she is, but I prefer her over her friend for some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ask for her number and/or e-mail pretending you may need to contact her about something school-related and take it from there.
Good idea, although ugh I hate calling someone to ask them out.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:38 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,190,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Query: what about getting my buddy to play wingman and talk to the friend?
That's what I was going to recommend, get one of your boys to run interference for you. I think every guy at one point has had to "take one for the team", which isn't so bad unless the friend is fat or unattractive.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:47 PM

650 posts, read 1,818,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
That's what I was going to recommend, get one of your boys to run interference for you. I think every guy at one point has had to "take one for the team", which isn't so bad unless the friend is fat or unattractive.
Yeah man, I had to distract a woman's mother once so my coworkers could hit on her daughter. Not a milf either, so no win-win for me.

Anyway, you should hand her a note: "Do you like me? Check yes or no".

Old 11-09-2011, 08:50 PM

48,721 posts, read 35,287,589 times
Ask them both if they'd like to grab coffe or a drink. Or just ask the girl of your affection if you can talk to her for a moment... then ask her out. It makes no difference, she'll immediately go back and tell her friend what happened... so you may as well ask her out in front of her friend.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,423,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Good idea, although ugh I hate calling someone to ask them out.
It might be a cliche, but no pain, no gain, sweets!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships