Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 03:10 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,511,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Because some of those women still look damn good!

My mom at 50 can still pass for 40, same with my dad. There are 40 year olds that look better than most 25-30 year olds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 03:10 PM

471 posts, read 481,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Because some of those women still look damn good!
This is very true.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotQuiteNative View Post
Why are you worried? Run with it and enjoy. Take the opportunity and learn.
Not worried, just curious. Don't want to offend her if I misinterpret things.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:53 PM

53 posts, read 51,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
She's a cougar or lonely. She may need a young thing to spice up her life. The young keep the old up what is hip and cool. Think about it men her age(not all) are burned out. Or careless of what is going on. Or maybe she is immature. Then again maybe she needs you cause she needs to feel needed. Hence the cooking food for you. Go with what feels right to you. Don't listen to others...not everyone is on your team.
huh? being almost forty is old? she is desperate, somebody who sits behind a computer screen trying to meet somebody,anybody, is very desperate, get out from behind the computer screen, meet real people, enjoy life, get exercise, get fresh air! its healthier than sitting on your rear end trying to meet someone online, there are millions of people out enjoying life, he needs to get out and go meet some of them, thats the real, natural way to meet people, not the ones behind a computer screen, the woman is just desperate, she will take anything, even if it means a 22 year old kid, verrrry sad.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:57 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,068,865 times
There are individuals of both sexes I would invite over for dinner from age 18 to well into their 70's. Age is only a number and I would be missing out on a lot if I was to limit my experience to only people in my age group. I always remind myself that everyone has something to teach me.

If I was in your place, I would take this person at face value and believe she is inviting you over for dinner. That's it. If something more develops, that's great but don't count on it. It's only dinner, one evening out of your life and you had to eat anyway.

The only thing that concerns me about this is her inviting you to her home on a first meeting. That's not safe and if this is her usual practice, it's a huge red flag. Maybe she's a newb and doesn't know enough to be cautious. Do her a favor and explain this to her!

Old 10-30-2011, 06:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,234,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
she wants someone to take care of to make her feel "needed" and you fit the bill
I guess there are silly women out there! Maybe her kiddos left the nest and instead of wanting to be taken care of she wants to continue being a slave!

Old 10-30-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I guess there are silly women out there! Maybe her kiddos left the nest and instead of wanting to be taken care of she wants to continue being a slave!
For the record, she has 2 kids who live with her.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:43 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,200,912 times
What's the big deal?

Go with it unless she scares you.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:11 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,681,385 times
No matter the age, some guys don't even like the potential of being with a woman who they think may only see them as a sex object. I can't say I blame them for feeling apprehensive either.

To the OP: she has said that she's just looking for friends to hang out with, so that leads me to believe that she's not looking for anything serious. If you're uncomfortable with this, just don't do it. It's honorable for a man to want something more than sex and want to be fully loved. Don't let anyone bully or shame you into doing it.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,173,988 times
she met you on a dating site. she messaged you to hang out. she messaged you to come over for dinner

she just wants sex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships